PlayStation Vita System Software Version 3.10

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by RoboAddy, Mar 25, 2014.

1. RoboAddy

RoboAddy Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    Available "later today", here are some of the features;
    from http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/24/ps-vita-system-software-update-3-10/;
    from http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/03/25/playstation-vita-system-software-update-3-10-coming-soon/;

Murphy likes this.
  2. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    I am definitely looking forward to this. The Calendar feature and Voice Messages are really grabbing my attention.

Murphy likes this.
  3. SMrtz420

SMrtz420 Member

Memory content manager finally xp. Been waiting for this.

4. PsychoDon904

PsychoDon904 Member

Oh thats pretty cool. Might give the voice messaging a spin whenever i feel like it.

5. Magnumstache

Magnumstache Well-Known Member

Very chuffed. The app limit was nonsense, and severely limiting to those of us who also download smaller games. As I've said before I reached the limit with 31GB free of a 64GB card, and was having to delete games despite having a fishload of memory. Good show Sony.

Magnumstache.

6. RoboAddy

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
  7. jpelgrom

jpelgrom Member

Wikipedia has a more complete list of new features/changes than PS Blog has provided yet, including some Japan only/Vita TV only changes (screenshots are mine):
    Even more (small) changes:
    • PS Store has received a new background in the style of the PS4 (for those wondering: it's the Dutch PS Store) (old background is the 2nd image for reference purposes):
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
    • As noted in the release notes on the Vita, the PS1 and PSP save game management has been moved to the Content Manager (CM).

Some impressions so far:
    • The Calendar app has been really well designed. My multiple Google Calendars all synced perfectly, and I can also add/edit/delete stuff in all of them (most apps can only edit the main calendar, and not additional ones you've made). Also, based on the online manual, in some countries there'll be a calendar curated by Sony with release dates.
    • Managing your memory card using the CM is a slow and painfull experience. It takes ages waiting for the calculations on how big everything is, and it's probably faster to just use the long press on bubble > Delete or Details. PS Vita saves are still not seperated from the game data :(. DLC is listed very nicely, though (but not seperated from the main game data and saves...), together with the main game information.
      Also, I get error C0-11274-5 when trying to view details for Escape Plan, but not when doing the same for any other game. Anyone with the same problem?

---
    New problem: I have another home screen just for the Calendar app! Why can't they just integrate Parental Controls in to the [Security] section of Settings?!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    Murphy likes this.
  8. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    I'm really digging the Calendar. It runs in the background, so you can have it open at the same time as a game.

You can set up events and notifications that can be associated with specific Games/Applications and PSN Friends. Gives you a notification in the form of an alarm-like noise that lasts a good 5 seconds or more when you set it to notify you a certain number of time before the event or at the time of the event.

The Manage Content on Memory Card feature through the normal Content Manager app is also pretty interesting. It looks and works a good bit like Content Manager, but doesn't require all that PS3/PC Connected stuff. Shows you how much of the Memory Card is used up, and how much each type of media is using. Then you can go in and delete specific ones, like you can in Content Manager.

Actually loading the file sizes for everything in it takes about 17 seconds, but you can tap and go into any section you want right away without having to wait that time for it to load up. Each individual section doesn't take much time at all to load those file sizes.

Deleting, I think, still takes about the same time as deleting bubbles, though. There's not really a vast improvement there.

Some Screens I took of both of those features.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  9. CharZarz

CharZarz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    Yeh I love this update I already made use of the calendar ;)

10. RoboAddy

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    I like it, just a bit bummed it doesn't sync "other calendars" from google calendar, only "my calendars" I fixed this by simply exporting the "others" as .ics files, making a new "my calendar" for each and then re-importing them into each.

11. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    There are reports that this new update is tricking some Vita units. It seems to be affecting a select few, but the common theme is 32GB cards.

I have updated mine fine with that card, but since the update is optional, I would suggest waiting for a fix before updating.

12. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    I have seen many cases with the same issue, and all of them seem to be associated with the 32 GB Memory Cards. I have not experienced any problems so far, and I use a 32 GB Card as well, though I would say you're right in that it is wise to wait.

Some of the more common issues I've heard about include the system not being able to boot up after being completely shut off (The PS Button flashing) and the system not recognizing the Memory Card.

-----------------------

I received some new info about a new Software Update, 3.12, is going to launch tomorrow. Here are the instructions for those affected that I could find:

This obviously has not been tested and has just been spread through word-of-mouth, so I don't know how exactly this will do it. But, according to who I've talked to, this shouldn't affect the Memory Card's information.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  13. RoboAddy

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
  14. PsychoDon904

PsychoDon904 Member

Weird i never noticed there was a issue with 32gb card users. I have a 32gb card and its been just the usual after the update. I may or may not update to 3.12 unless its mandatory. Too busy playing FFX atm.

15. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    System Software 3.12 is now available for anyone interested. It adds system stability fixes the problems for all those unfortunate enough to suffer from the bug in 3.10 that messed up the 32 GB Memory Cards.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    Kyle likes this.
  16. RoboAddy

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    Is it just me, or when you press the notification bubble in the top-right, the animation is a lot faster now?

17. jpelgrom

jpelgrom Member

I believe it's faster when you have notifications - it isn't faster when empty (without notifications). Also, it's bugged since 3.10 (no autohide and completely functional when a game install popup appears);
    [​IMG]

18. Kevling

Kevling Member

I tested the calendar function with some friends, and it is definitely missing a trick or two.

You can set up an event to, for example, play Killzone with John at 8pm. When 8pm comes, you get a reminder, and by opening the event from the reminder, you can open the game directly. Brilliant.

Not quite so brilliant is that it gives you the option to send the invite to John when you set it up, but for poor old John it just arrives as a text message, rather than anything he can do anything with. If John wants to add it to HIS calendar, he needs to do it manually.

Unless I'm missing something.

The message should really have an "add to calendar" option, just how game invites have a "join game" option (as on PS3)