Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Other Gaming Discussion' started by Kyle, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Are you playing Pokemon Go? I am!

Post your top three Pokemon, your trainer level, and any other awesome details you've got. :)

I'm level 8 currently, have a Pidgeotto, Hypno, and a Bellsprout as my highest CP Pokemon, and have too many fucking pokeballs and no Pokemon to catch most of the time. haha.

What'cha got?

FearlessSasuke likes this.
  2. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

I'll probably start playing it soon, Is it possible to challenge other trainers or is it just catching Pokemon?

3. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    You can take on Gyms that are run by other trainers, but you can't just run into someone and battle them (yet?)

4. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Is it possible to trade or give pokemon to your friends? Not being able to battle other trainers locally seems like a glaring missing feature. I should probably give it a try sometime though because I play Omega Ruby already anyways.

5. Nonscpo

Nonscpo Well-Known Member

I don't like calling it a game, it really is more of an App! There's barely any battles, you can't trade, and the leveling system needs to be revamped. As for me personally, I'm at level 14, and am getting so sick and tired off all these rattatas and pidgeys all over the place. The Magikarps are actually the most annoying to capture, ever since that last update, and there the hardest ones to find. I seem to have an easier time finding Venonats though, but Psyducks and Executes are not very common in my area, though for some reason Golduck & Executor are always there at the Gyms. Pokestops aren't a problem for me, they're easy to find, the good Pokemon on the other hand aren't!

6. Nonscpo

Nonscpo Well-Known Member

It's been almost two years, and this game is seasonal at best in my opinion. People only come out to play during the first few days of an event, other than that, you'll have to look em up on Discord. If any of you quit or never downloaded this App, I cannot in good faith recommend it, the devs have not put enough passion into this project in my opinion, and were still missing key mechanics like PVP or Trades. Yes you can actually log on after clicking on the App, but unless there's an event going on where your guaranteed an encounter, it'll probably take you awhile before you get the PKMN you want. It took me more than a year before I got enough candy to secure a Dragonite, and I'm still trying to evolve my Pupitar into a Tyranitar. If any of you are still playing please feel free to share your experiences.