PQube Drops Vita Support

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Terramax, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

As can be read here.

Not surprising really, though their quote is quite disheartening (however, most likely anger targeted at Sony themselves for poor support).

I really wish Sony would have at least continued manufacturing the carts for a while longer. Whilst I'm more of a digital person now, I do see how certain companies are continuing to abandon the console at least particially because of this reason.

2. sean

sean Well-Known Member

Yeah its a bummer but they did well by us.

Curious if they kept over printing their games or we just supported them that bad.

Seemed like majority of Pqube SE and LE would be 1/2 price so fast behind my Day 1 purchase it hurt sometimes. But what can you do but try even when it seemed too late.

May the switch and Nintendo treat you better.

TheAtom, SONY and DankZaku like this.
  3. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

It sucks but at least they gave us the physical copies of Muv-Luv this year.

It's sad to hear this but it doesn't surprise me, I'm happy for all the support the Vita got through the years and in some reagrd still gets from some devs/publishers.

4. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Hadn't they already said Muv-Luv (or Punchline, whichever came last) was going to be their last Vita run?

PQube's awesome though and they deserve nothing but praise. :D

5. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

My fanbase prediction:

R.I.P.
    SONY PlayStation Vita
    2011~2020

6. alf

alf Active Member

@PQube: Thank you for the Steins;Gate release in EU.<3

7. TheAtom

And Chaos;Child, and Valkyrie Drive when even Xseed was iffy about it, and Punch Line, and Muv-Luv (the whole bunch), and Under Night In-Birth (though a physical would've been cool), and a few Blazblue titles, and Root Letter (and Root Letter? I don't know, it kinda sucked...), and EDF 2, and Fate/Extella and Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (although I'm not familiar enough to know whether that one's worth a thanks).

PQube's been great to us. They will be honoured more for what they have done, than they will be missed for what could have been.

8. alf

alf Active Member

I am glad PQube still holds up okay and i hope Nintendo Switch will be blessed with more & more visual novels. Time to start saving money for Switch ^_^

9. Vita_Girl

TheAtom Marvelous did Fate/Extella :)

10. TheAtom

I thought so as well, but when I went to check the small list I had at first by their website, I saw Fate/Extella in their list as well, so figured I'd add it. Perhaps they helped with distribution or something?

11. Vita_Girl

Pqube and Marvelous sold the CE, normally with Marvelous games Marvelous themself do that exclusively with EU ones from what I know.

12. TheAtom

Aaaah PQube only did the CE? I guess that still puts it somewhat on their CV though XD

13. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

How Anne-Lou from PQube reacted after Sony's new content policy :

TheAtom and sean like this.
  14. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Honestly it's a miracle any publishers in North America and Europe have continued to support the system for as long as they have, the retail presence has been virtually non-existent since mid-2015 (Sony's fault), and marketing for the system was gone within a couple months of system launch (again Sony's fault). Sony's behavior towards the Vita has been like that of the irresponsible, un-loving, un-caring parents of a disfigured child who abandon the child on the doorstep of a church as fast as they can, that's how Sony has treated the Vita. Like here you go retailers your gonna have to figure out the marketing angle for Vita because we're all to busy playing Pokemon on our shiny new 3DS XL's to be bothered with advertising the thing.

TheAtom and Vita_Girl like this.
  15. Vita_Girl

And that is the reason why Sony should never ever make another handheld, even better for their dickish behaviour with this gen (aka we have the biggest slice of the console market so we are dicks again) I hope they get same or worse punishment as when the PS3 came out.

Wii U as a system died quicker than the Vita, but Nintendo at least tried to save it while Sony watched when Vita slowly died.

sean, TheAtom and SONY like this.