PS+ Games disappearing from my Library

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Morepork, May 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Morepork

Morepork New Member

I'm a bit alarmed.
    When I last checked, I had well over 100 games listed in my PS4 Library (that new separate section at bottom). From memory at least 112.
    Yesterday, there were only 99 in the Library.
    Same problem on PS Vita Download list.

I discovered this by chance when someone mentioned that the server for CounterSpy is closing (1 online trophy). I saw then that CounterSpy has disappeared from my Library.
    When checking my Playstation store (NZ which is part of EU region) for CounterSpy, it's listed with the price.

I've been a PS+ member fir exactly 5 years continuously, no breaks.

Is anyone else out there seeing their PS+ games vanishing into thin air?

2. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

I have not. Counterspy still shows in my list. I am USA store, though. I think you can still buy them if they were part of PS Plus so that you can actually keep if your PS + expires. If you go to your Download List, can you find it in there? Does it show differently if you go to via a web browser?

3. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Ahh they are really shutting down the Counterspy server already! I was planning on buying that game but not if it doesn't have multiplayer.

4. Morepork

Morepork New Member

I already had a US friend check and confirm there's no problem for NA.
    It may be specific to my region, or just a SNAFU with my account.

I did a "Restore Licences" today and that magically brought my PS+ Games number from 99 to 119!
    However, Counterspy is still not there.
    It doesn't show up whether Vita store or web browser store page either.

But since the online server is now shut down .. it seems like chasing a red herring.

Still, it made me concerned about digital games/licences potentially disappearing or being withdrawn, and you might not even notice.