PS Vita shows error of removing game card while playing

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Help' started by carlspeed, Jul 22, 2017.

1. carlspeed

carlspeed New Member

I just got my Vita used from Gamestop. I have the warranty, so I'm not worried, but the system will randomly say that the game card has been removed. It's done it a couple times now while I have the system in stand by (which is what I assume it's called when you just hit the power button). I'll turn it on and it will say the game card has been removed. Today, I was like 9 waves in to a Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified mission, and the darn thing popped up with the error. The first time it's done it while I've been actually playing it. I didn't have time to put in the other game I have and play, but is there something else it could be in the system itself, instead of the game card? As I said, if I have to take the system back and swap it so be it, or swap the game. Just looking for what is the most likely culprit. Thanks!

2. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Sounds like the memory card mechanism is messed up or the memory card isn't seated right. Had this happen to me once outside of dropping my Vita, and I simply turned it off and then inserted and removed the memory card a few times to make sure the mechanism was working right. Never did it again after that, so I assume it was sticking or not going in all the way.

Might be worth a shot before taking it back.

3. carlspeed

carlspeed New Member

Not the memory card, but it specifically says "game card." The guy at gamestop told me to try the other game I have, and see if it's the cartridge or the system before swapping it out. The Vita I got is literally mint except for a tiny mark on the trackpad in the back, which doesn't effect anything. I'd prefer to keep it as the glass is pristine.

4. Kyle

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Ah, I read that wrong. Same deal though, I'd turn the system off and pop a cartridge in and out a dozen times.

It might just be that the cart slot was never used, as some people go all digital.

5. carlspeed

carlspeed New Member

I bought a 64gb card from the internets. If I go all digital (which I don't do on PS4 and XBone since I occasionally sell a game or give it to a friend,) and my Vita breaks, can I use the card on a different Vita after formatting it and signing into PSN?

6. Kyle

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Yes, you can.

Just don't format the card, make sure to format (restore) the Vita instead (or you'll lose everything you downloaded).