PS Vita Year One Book - Kickstarter Update

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Sand, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Sand

Sand Member

Hi guys

With the kickstarter for my book only a few days from finishing, I thought I’d post an update here on progress made in the last month for those that haven’t seen the updates on the kickstarter:

1. I had previously announced that the book will include an interview with Chris Millar, from FunBits, Director of Escape Plan. I also interviewed the developers of Frobisher Says. I’ve got 3 more interviews in the pipeline that I will reveal once they are done.

2. Both the Escape Plan and Frobisher says interviews were super long and had loads of interesting info. The physical book wont have space for two 15-20 page interviews so the physical version will have abridged versions of the interviews and there will be an extended digital version with the full interview transcript. All backers that have opted for a digital copy to be included will automatically get the extended version.

3. I had a comment from people on reddit and the kickstarter that the design of the book wasn’t great. Well, since then I’ve been approached by a professional designer who is also a Vita fan about designing the book. The pages look waaaay better now thanks to Steve Thon.

4. Luc Bernard, kindly donated 100 codes for Plague Road to be distributed to backers. I’ll be picking 100 backers at random to hand out the codes in April.

5. Two of the stretch goals were to add extra game retrospectives and both have been met. Wipeout 2048 will be going in the book and there is a vote right now for the next game. It looks like Unit 13 is winning right now to be the next retrospective.

Thanks again for everyone that’s supported the book and I’m happy to answer any questions.

Sandeep

Kickstarter link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52911390/ps-vita-year-one-unofficial-book

sean and shirokuro like this.
  2. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

Hi,

Just to say that the digital version link was sent to the backers :D

Still it hurts to see "Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock" as a physical Vita release in the West because i could not find any input that it was really released physically in the West :(

3. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I'm holding on for the book to arrive. It's such a positive that the kickstarter was so successful.

4. alf

alf Member

So ... will there be a possibility to buy this book in a physical form for someone who is not a backer on kickstarter ? If so, then how ?

5. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I second this one!

6. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

You can buy mine for 1 million dollars as it's vita and it's rare ...according to most vita sales on eBay! ;) :)

7. Sand

Sand Member

Hey dude, this is Sandeep, the author, you’re right about Dr Who. Sorry about that. I don’t know why I thought there was a physical version. When I was researching it, I was sure it was released physically in Europe but now I can’t find it. I must have imagined it. One mistake (hopefully!) in a 164 page book isn’t too bad!

sean likes this.
  8. Sand

Sand Member

Hey man, this is the author. Drop me a mail on psvitabook@gmail.com. I ordered extra copies so this is no problem.
    Thanks
    Sandeep

DojoDan likes this.
  9. Sand

Sand Member

Hey man, this is the author. Drop me a mail on psvitabook@gmail.com. I ordered extra copies so this is no problem.
    Thanks
    Sandeep

TheAtom likes this.
  10. masofdas

masofdas Member

Sent you a email

11. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

Not a problem for me

Because someday due to high demand you will print a revised edition :D

sean likes this.
  12. Sand

Sand Member

That would be cool if it was that successful.

13. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Received mine! Only had time to read a few pages so far but I like where it's going. I like the layout / design as well, and it smells good which is important ;) Huge thanks and well done Sand

Mr Tornado likes this.
  14. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

I'm not the only one who sniffs books then! Mine arrived yesterday as well, though I've not had a chance to read it yet, but I'm sure it's going to be aces. :)

DojoDan likes this.
  15. Sand

Sand Member

Awesome to hear man. It does smell good. My living room totally smells of them!

zodaex and DojoDan like this.