PS3/4/Vita Gamer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Xorro, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Xorro

Xorro Member

Hi,

I bought myself an original Vita back in February from eBay, managed to get a good deal and the Vita was in excellent condition. I'd been debating about getting one for years and wish I'd done it sooner.

Since then I've platted/100% the following

Paint Park Plus
    Sly 1
    Aabs Animals
    Frobisher Says!
    Killzone: Mercenary
    Root Letter
    Resistance Burning Skies
    Severed
    Motorstorm: RC
    The Walking Dead
    Tearaway

Putty Squad is my current game.

I'm on the look out for more great titles for the Vita (UK/EU) but I'm avoiding visual novels as after Root Letter I don't think they are my kind of thing. Feel free to make suggestions :)

The Vita gets used on lunch breaks with the PS4 being used for most of my gaming, at the moment I am working on Horizon Zero Dawn.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  2. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

Of course, I have to recommend Persona 4 Golden, it just might be your cup of tea.

Xorro likes this.
  3. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Welcome to our Vita family!

4. coachjjs75

coachjjs75 Well-Known Member

Welcome To The World Of " Vita " !!!

5. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Well-Known Member

Welcome to our Vita loving paradise, Xorro!

Horizon Zero Dawn is one clean game! Ultra AAA as games come, IMO! If you like open world games with focus on fighting tons of enemies like in Horizon? Consider Toukiden 2 for PSVITA! The game is also PS TV compatible and you can cross-save with the PS4 version of the game if you ever decide to pick it up for your PS4.

If you like more stealthy games with focus on stealth vs action and you want the game as AAA as possible? I also recommend Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PSVITA!

If you are interested in some 3rd person action survival horror and you want the game as AAA as possible? I recommend Resident Evil: Revelations 2 for PSVITA!

If JRPGs are more your style and you want the game to be as AAA as possible? I recommend Persona 4 Golden or even Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster for PSVITA!

I could go on and on for hours about the Vita, but I'll keep my comment short so I don't steal all the recommendations by other fellow Vita Loungers. ;)

zodaex likes this.
  6. Xorro

Xorro Member

Thanks all for the comments and recommendations.

A few people have mentioned Persona 4 golden, I need to read about it some more.

I played Resident Evil 4 on the Wii when it came out and enjoyed that, so will consider an RE title for the Vita. MGS might be good for me too.
    I've got loads of Lego games that I grabbed from the PS store when they were free (in case I ever bought a Vita), I tried one of the Harry Potter ones but didn't get on with it.

As I'm not into visual novels or what looks like Japanese high-school centred games, I'm worried I'll run out of quality games to play! It's such a shame that Sony are no longer selling the Vita in Europe and that there aren't any big games being made for it as it's such a great piece of kit.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Renegade Bastard likes this.
  7. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Well-Known Member

Oh! How could I forget to recommend Uncharted: Golden Abyss?! That game is AAA as games come on the Vita. Gravity Rush as well! Pick these titles up for sure if you want to see what kind of graphics the Vita is really capable of!

8. Xorro

Xorro Member

What do you guys think to Rayman Origins?

9. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

It's a great 2D platformer. The gameplay is fun and the visuals are fantastic.

Roscoe Jones and Xorro like this.
  10. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Hello & welcome to The Lounge. :)

Xorro likes this.
  11. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

I had got all the trophies in this game and yes I concur...this game is fantastic!!! It's very challenging too if you want to collect everything for the trophy challenge! And its beautiful! Took me a second to get use to the hand drawn graphics which are awesome

Xorro likes this.