PS4 Taiko No Tatsujin Drum Session English Version annouced!

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Mr Tornado, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Hell must be feeling a little chilly today, because the boys are back in town. By "boys", I am referring to Katsu and Don, the cutesy drum brothers that herald Bandai Namco's Taiko no Tatsujin rhythm game franchise. They're here to bring the percussion to PS4s across the seas, with the English-language release of Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session!, scheduled for later this year in the Asia PlayStation Store.

Before now, the series has only left Japan once, in the form of 2004's PS2-based Taiko Drum Master. Drum Session is the first current-gen console entry, and boasts over 70 songs, including the Japanese version of Frozen's "Let It Go", "Zenzenzense" from monster anime hit Your Name., and even crossover songs from Hatsune Miku, Touhou Project, Doraemon, and Pikotaro, the "Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen" guy. Local and online two-player sessions will be supported, as well.

The party piece, though, is a special bundle edition that includes a bespoke Taiko Drum controller to bash on. I can't wait for some tween to use it to complete Bloodborne with in their free time.

via Destructoid

Asian version image.

[​IMG]
    Heavy Arm won't ship overseas though as it's too big.

Nin Nin Games have the controller up for preorder costing £36.34.

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/ps4...oller-for-ps4-ps4-088-ps4--4961818028067.html

[​IMG]

Or the Japanese version & controller for £68.04.

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/jap...e-dodon-ga-don-drum-drum-stick-pack-ps4-.html

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    shirokuro, MoMoMo and AllHasRed like this.
  2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Might just go for the game on its own, I do like that controller, but space... Though DJ Max has my full attention at the moment, its out next week in Asia so I gotta get hold of a copy!

3. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Ooh, a new DJ Max game? Is it a Korean version with English subs or a full on English/Asian release?

4. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Korean at first, then Asia sometime later this year. It should be getting an English release apparently, but unknown if this is still happening. Its not a game that really needs an English translation though, as its very straight forward.

5. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

I wonder what the chances are that that drum controller might work on the PSTV.

6. sean

sean Well-Known Member

Hmmm, vita copy does load on a whitelist PSTV. Now you have me looking at this zodaex lol.

zodaex likes this.