PSP Japan only games

Discussion in 'Other Gaming Discussion' started by Lando452, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Lando452

Lando452 Well-Known Member

I'm looking at importing some PSP Japan only games, what are some non Japanese speaking friendly games?

2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins Kai is one of my favourite imports of all time for the PSP. Basically a rebalance of UGnG that improves the game to no end for me.
    Both Sengoku Basara fighters seem pretty cool though I've not played much of them myself (yet)
    Fist of the North Star and Kamen Rider got quite a few semi decent/great action/fighting games on the PSP that I've been enjoying. I don't have the full game titles at hand at the moment.

And while it requires knowledge for the story, I'll mention both Yakuza PSP games as well because I can ;) Both Kurohyou games are fantastic and manage to cram PS2 level Yakuza games onto the PSP with all the side stuff you do in full size Yakuza games. Gameplay is easy to pick up and it marks everything on the map for you. But as mentioned above, the story will be a lost cause.

3. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

If you're a fan of shmups, then Konami came out with a number of shmup collections i.e. the Parodius Collection. They're fairly pricey (unless, ahem, you find a digital way to get hold of them).

4. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

There are few import friendly rhytm games that are japan only on the PSP like Hatsune Miku or Taiko no Tatsujin games.

5. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

How many of those Japanese-only games -also- have English subtitles? Far as I can tell, so far, Final Fantasy III does.