Question about foreign PSN stores

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by warwolf, Aug 11, 2018.

1. warwolf

warwolf Active Member

I want to buy Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 from the Hong Kong PSN store. Could someone give me detailed instructions of the best way to do it? I heard there were issues with the Vita versions too. PS4 is ok as well. Thanks in advance :)

2. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

It would be much easier to stick with the physical copy of DOAX3 if you want to play the Vita version. In order to buy the digital version you would have to format your memory card and create a separate HK PSN account just for that game. It would also be easier to buy it digitally on PS4 because it supports PSN account sharing, unlike the Vita.

warwolf likes this.
  3. warwolf

warwolf Active Member

Thanks! Is Play-Asia the best place to get the physical? If I go for PS4, whats the steps I need to take?

4. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I got my physical Vita version from Play Asia personally, but any legitimate retailer should be fine. You might be able to get the physical versions cheapest off of eBay, I usually look there fist for games that aren't new releases that I might be able to find used for cheaper. As far as getting the PS4 version it's pretty easy. For the physical copy, just pop in it your console and enjoy, however to get the digital version do this:

1. Create a HK PSN account https://store.playstation.com/en-hk/home/games
    2. On your PS4 change your user to your new account
    3. Go do the PSN Store and download DOAX3. In Hong Kong the digital version of this game is free to play.
    4. On your PS4 change the user that you are logged into back to your original account
    5. Notice that DOAX3 is on your games list and ready to be played with your main account.

warwolf likes this.
  5. warwolf

warwolf Active Member

Thanks again! Bought it digitally on PS4. Everything seems to have worked out fine... :)

TheAtom and zodaex like this.