Rare Nintendo 3DS Games??

Discussion in 'Nintendo Discussion' started by eric, Jun 2, 2017.

1. eric

eric Well-Known Member

What are considered to be rare 3DS games?

Some games seem to fetch a high price on eBay which makes them seem rare, but I've been able to find them elsewhere at better prices ...in any case, what are some rare 3DS titles??

2. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Rhythm Theif is super rare. So is Starfox.

3. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Starfox, -yes, I saw that its one of the higher priced ones.
    ...its on my list. :)

was kind of hoping that LRG's would get into the Nintendo 3DS biz soon ...I am burnt out on the Vita releases from them ..stopped collecting about 4 games ago.

4. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    I've heard that Cave Story was kinda hard to find on 3DS for a while there. Not sure if it still is or not.

5. eric

eric Well-Known Member

thanks, ...found lots of copies of Starfox online.
    I found it as low as $8 and as high as $175ish.

...go figure!

6. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

I got ahold of Rhythm Thief at a Gamestop. Of course, they only had an empty box, so they gave me the empty box with the manual, and then I ended up scrounging a loose copy for 20 bucks. Worked out ok, I guess.

zodaex likes this.
  7. eric

eric Well-Known Member

so you got the empty box w/o the cover art?
    But you found a second complete copy for $20?

so you have 2 copies?!
    eBay one of them. :)

I had 2 copies of Supremacy MMA for the Vita ...kind of came across them in a similar way ...ended up selling one for like $65 which paid for the other ...anyway, in the end came out w/ a nice copy of the game for very little $$.

8. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Nope. Empty box with manual. Loose game without box. Combine. Get a CIB for 20 bucks. Done.

9. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

I have mint copies of Starfox, Supremacy MMA, and Rhythm Thief - glad to hear that they are rare!

10. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Starfox is rare? (I mean over here it's common as hell, and I mean the normal cover copy not the select one)

Rythym Thief is indeed a more rare game, Tetris Axis could become rare considering the digital copy is gone from the eShop since Tetris Ultimate came out.

11. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Nascar Unleashed seems to be a rare one too...
    It actually looks like a fun racing game. I'll have to check if its available in the eShop.

12. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I've been really getting back into my 3DS lately. I've rediscovered my love for Mario Kart 7 and have been absolutely annihilating people in online GPs. It's really been a blast. In my opinion it's a better racing game than anything on the Vita (although I love me some NFS Most Wanted!). Also picked up Zelda Triforce Heroes last week and have been loving the teamwork oriented multiplayer. It just plays so beautifully and was a fantastic concept for a game.

Back on topic it appears to me that Tekken Prime Edition on 3DS is rare going buy the prices it's fetching. It's the next 3DS game i'm trying to get my paws on and it looks like I may have to bite the bullet and pay the 55-60 i'm seeing it for. Apparently it's a port of Tekken 6 that runs at 60 FPS. It sounds amazing.

13. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Zodaex,

Yes, I too have been loving my 3DS. Been really into tagging others via streetpass (I commute into SF everyday and usually pick up 1 or 2 new "friends" daily). ...Monster Hunter has my attention right now, can't get enough of it.

14. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Vita has some good racers... but except NFS Most Wanted all of them are dead online where in Mario Kart 7 a lot of people still play it.

Btw Mario Kart 7 is in 60 fps too (why Vita, why isn't Wipeout 2048 in 60fps...) :eek:

Same here if I play a game on my 3DS it's mostly Pokemon Omega Ruby or MHG, but I got MH4U last year and want to start that one because Generations is too easy, Generation lacks G rank where 4U has that.

Streetpass is almost dead over here, almost all Nintendo Zone are gone and finding someone via it lately is hard.

15. eric

eric Well-Known Member

I am still picking up StreetPasses regularly. I have the "NEW 3DS" -not the XL, so its compact enough to fit in my pocket. I bring it with me when I go out, and keep it in my car when taking trips. I am averaging about 5 new tags a week. -I also live near San Francisco. Nintendo has a huge office building in South San Francisco, ...I've been meaning to take a drive over there and sit in the parking lot ...see if I can get a bunch of tags? ...I've actually been inside the building for a job ...but that was years ago prior to the release of StreetPass. (It was around 2008ish).