Red Art Games - *updated 13 Dec 2018* Bit Dungeon Plus

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Mr Tornado, Jun 8, 2018.

1. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

This is an historical piece of software summarizing everything wrong in the limited run business :D
    • Publisher made up hype
    • Still bugged build in the printed run
    • Expected rush but still near unreachable website
    • Scalpers abroad
    • Months in waiting the product delivery
    • Absurd made up resale price
    All those features in one item and only for $70 shipping & import taxes not included.

As a bonus item, i will also throw in a bottle of limited run collector sweat & tear. That's a bargain :D

NinjaMicWZ, Retro8bit, Miguel and 2 others like this.
  2. Miguel

Miguel Well-Known Member

You can sell pretty much anything knowadays

3. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Placed my order. God speed my little $45 USD, please be well spent on this purchase...be free!!!!

Note to self: stay positive stay positive stay positive stay positive...

4. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

There were some mentally deficiant politicians who wanted, probably still want, to effectively do that with a air tax. How those sorts of people ever manage to land six and seven figure income jobs and avoid working at McDonald's is something I have yet to figure out.

Calamity likes this.
  5. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

It's because they are able to manage those types of things that they managed to get those jobs. The idea that it needs to make sense for it to make dollars is what keeps people at McDonald's.

I got it as well! The game looks really fun and I'm sure it'll be finely playable, from reading things (not what their competitor LRG says). €32 for the game including shipping and no import costs is pretty okay for me. An LRG game will be (€25,- for the game plus €15,- for shipping makes €40, then €20,- base rate for import duty makes €60, 21% of that is some €12-ish, makes) €72,- give or take for me so it's less than half!!

6. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Y
    You really should arrange a partner in an EU country that has ddp from LRG... we don't pay import tax. And he extra postage for a 2nd game is smaller than double the initial cost, so pretty sure it would work out that you just pay the €40!

PM me if you need help going forward

7. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

There's no DDP for Belgium? o_O

8. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

That is a little unfair calculation.

$40 is around €35 to €36 (yes a small difference but still) and most new Vita games do cost that.

Also how do you calculate the import duty, because for me it would be €13 (administration costs) + €4.62 (21% based on a $24.99 game) because they mostly don't count the shipping in these cost.

But that calculation doesn't apply for LRG because of DDP for The Netherlands (and Belgium too).

I'm not saying $15 shipping is cheap (it's not), but I've seen way more expensive shipping rates for smaller things from the US than that.

Seems there is.

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=463&start=0

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  9. TheAtom

I'll admit it is a little unfair to count $ as €. Officially, shipping costs are to be counted in the import costs and they do so in Belgium. On top of that there is a €20 flat rate over which you also pay VAT. IF I have to pay import costs, then, it instantly adds about €24,- just for the flat rate + VAT over the flat rate...

I can 100% deal with the $15 shipping though, that's really fine for me. $40 total for a game is okay for me. It's the €30-something that will get added to it that makes it bad...

But I'll have a look at the DDP thing! Cause that would make things a lot more doable!! Thanks for this info already!

10. Vita_Girl

And me thinking the import duty cost over here suck, well belgium is worse it seems.

11. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

That woman on the front cover.... Yeesh lol. :D

12. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

1029463182493065218 is not a valid tweet id

13. TheAtom

Yep, and I don't know if in recent years it changed, but in the Netherlands, I would often have my packages slip through. I actually went through several €100+ packages from the US until I knew customs was a thing as a teenager with no expenses and a part time job (ah, the times). Here they get every single package, include shipping costs and have a ridiculous flat rate that goes on top of everything...

I see now that DDP is delivery duty paid. Is this then the same as with PA where you pay VAT beforehand? Or is this something else? Either way it looks to solve my issue! Thanks for the peace of mind everyone!

As far as Red Art Games goes, I have pretty strong faith in PayPal's system, so if something goes wrong, I'll just get my money back. :)

14. 2048Dan

2048Dan Well-Known Member

Yes. But LRG includes it in the regular shipping costs, so you don't have to select it and pay extra like you do at PA.

Just ordered Bards Tale. 7€ shipping within EU? :confused:

15. TheAtom

Standard package shipping within Belgium is €5, so I am not surprised that France is similar. Within France is also €7 though...

16. NinjaMicWZ

NinjaMicWZ Well-Known Member

The only Vita and PS4 shmup of any interest left is Sine Mora. Sine Mora EX already has a widely available and cheap physical release on PS4, and Strictly Limited Games seemed to be teasing Sine Mora for Vita themselves about a year ago.

Unless he's just redoing ones LRG and Play-Asia have already done as EU releases. Or really stretching the definition of shmup. o_O

zodaex likes this.
  17. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

RELEASE DATE November 23 th 2018

[​IMG]

18. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Ice Cream Surfer up next.

1047863917274312706 is not a valid tweet id

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  19. Vita_Girl

They dare to call THAT a shmup?

I'm getting more and more a feeling Red Art does these limited runs because collectors will buy it even if the game sucks.

This game doesn't deserve a physical run, let alone a limited one.

Very disappointing.

KaiserDragon likes this.
  20. TheAtom

It's not good? I haven't played it. But saw it on the PS store a while back and it looks fun

21. Vita_Girl

It's not about if it is a bad game, but that it doesn't deserve a physical run.

This looks like a physical run purely because collectors will buy it anyway, quick money in other words.

It's like putting candy crush physical release on let's say PS4, Ice Cream Surfer is "okay" for the €7,99 they ask for it (cross-buy) but that doesn't mean it deserves a limited physical run that is €25+

KaiserDragon likes this.
  22. TheAtom

Ah okay, I get what you mean then, thanks! Recently it was discounted as well, costing some €2 iirc even. Looks like a fun game to coop.

You're quite right about that, I'm sure, and as long as there are enough collectors, they'll continue.

I personally will at least wait until the Bard game is out before I purchase anything else from them. I took my chances with that one as it looked really fun, but they'll have to prove they are capable before I give them more money.

23. sean

sean irishnerd47

Lolz and preordered.

Maybe it will surprise me and I find shooting people while flying on ice cream everything I never knew I even wanted.

24. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

That's no Gradius lol but it's on vita ....okay then it's a must buy.

TheAtom likes this.
  25. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Pass. I'm getting more picky over the limited run stuff. Just releasing them is not a reason for me to buy them anymore, they actually gotta be good! Playasia does a good job on picking stuff that lines up with my interests and LRG are more hit than miss but stuff like this I'll just pass on. I tend to agree with Vita_girl's points on this one.

KaiserDragon likes this.