Red Art Games - *updated 13 Dec 2018* Bit Dungeon Plus

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Mr Tornado, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

1073246192799232000 is not a valid tweet id

zodaex, sean and Vita_Girl like this.
  2. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Anyone experience with the game? Reviews for the Switch version don't seem incredibly positive...

3. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

It can be fun, but in essence it is a repetitive mobile port, at least the performance looked fine on Vita.

I am a littlebit interested in it, but that's it.

TheAtom likes this.
  4. TheAtom

I feel like being a Bit interested is the perfect amount of interest in the game!!

Sorry...

But thanks Vita_Girl ! I will have to look at some gameplay, maybe read some more reviews in-depth. Repetitive can be okay if the formula is good

5. Vita_Girl

True, if it works for Tetris so why not for this.

TheAtom likes this.
  6. Vita VR Ps4

Vita VR Ps4 Member

Well I’ve now ordered every game they make, hopefully they will ship out one of these years! lol

zodaex likes this.
  7. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Well they sent Ice Cream Surfer ;) :)

8. Vita VR Ps4

Vita VR Ps4 Member

I was just coming on here to say that Ice Cream Surfer arrived today complete with sucker! lol :)

zodaex and TheAtom like this.
  9. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

My Ice Cream Surfer just surfed in today from overseas. Looking forward to hearing if it works on PS-TV or not so i'll know what the game's fate will be.

10. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

I'm a little shocked frankly. Was just checking to see available inventory and there are still the following numbers of copies available for each game.:

2,314 copies remaining - The Bard's Tale Remastered and Resnarkled
    Honestly a bit shocked, but considering this is/was to be RAG's very first game release, and LRG gave them bad reputation, maybe I shouldn't be.

? - Ice Cream Surfer
    Seems to me like RAG has intentionally skewed the inventory system on this game to hide how, uhm, well it is selling. I can add over three-thousand copies to the basket without their checkout system ever giving a "insufficient quantity" error.

488 copies remaining- Demetrios: The Big Cynical Adventure
    For a game limited to a mere 999 copies total, this is a wee bit surprising.

1,753 copies remaining - Bit Dungeon Plus
    It hasn't even been up for pre-order a week yet, so this number isn't terrible when you take that into consideration.

zodaex likes this.
  11. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people were pretty skeptical of red art as a company so didn't want to put orders in, coupled with the not particularly desirable games and you have low sales. Not entirely surprised with the lack of interest just with low prints as play-asia has shown that doesn't really mean anything even in the resale market

12. sean

sean irishnerd47

Red Art Games #5 announcement coming on DEC 27th 9AM EST.
    Assuming preorders will also go live the same day

13. geralds

geralds Member

There is no interest now as scalpers font feel they can make money off them. In the Future there gonna be worth a good amount of there ate enough collectors. Just take a look at anything else with low print runs. Some of these titles could easy be worth thousands of dollars of the market is there. There's other gamds on more popular systems with more copies out there where copies go for 1hundreds if not thousands. This will only happen if vita demand increadds chances sre 20 years from now it jist might. I still thonk ps4 copies are honna go for more with more people fighting for them. Right now people can still buys these off psn but what happens when thats no longer a possibility and this is your only option? They probably wont reach a good value for about 15 to 20 years kind of like most consoles do.

14. Vita_Girl

A lot of PS4 copies have bigger runs and just like with the PS3 only a handful of games will really be rare and worth their high price.

That aside, there are too much "rare" games nowdays but if a game is crap then most people won't care.

Top Trumps Turbo Vita physical copy has a run that is barely above 2000 units and it still costs nothing even now, then there are games like Ar No Surge Plus that got a bigger run and go easily for €250 or more on ebay because people care more about that game for example than about Top Trumps Turbo.

Another point is nostalgia, we got a SNES Mini today and the first thing I was wondering is why the hell is Super Metroid €80 for a loose cartridge while it sold almost 2mln units? Nostalgia also plays a role in how much stuff is "worth".

I mean look at all these DS and GBA Pokémon games that sold millions some even more than 10 million, and at least in EU a lot of places still sell them for €40/€50 or more used.

Rare doesn't always mean a game will become expensive, sometimes nostalgia can make a game even more expensive than it should be.

Btw, there is a chance a lot of PS Vita games won't even work after 20 years, the cartridges seem to use cheap flash memory used in USB sticks for example, but that's a theory.

Already a new one? are they in a rush or something? o_O

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    TheAtom and sean like this.
  15. sean

sean irishnerd47

Hopefully all the Devs and Pubs are in a rush.

Pick it up ppl we have like 100 days left to submit lolz.

16. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I'd assume Vita publishers are on somewhat of a rush with the printing deadline approaching.

17. geralds

geralds Member

Because the vita is relevant its like that with any system. Like tale games like stadium events was worth bext to nothing when itbwas first released, the raredt and most expensive ganss are usualy shit games. Gove it 20 years it will be. Even if pokemon sells for a higb price your never gonna see bsell flr 300+ there's to many coolpies out there. Most system there most expensivr games are low selling crap. Nastalgia will never make a game that sold millions worth $1000 bit rareity when people just want to collect will. Some the most expensive ps1 games are crap same goes for ps2, rarest n64 gams ar crap, rarest wii and wii u gamea are shit. Games like 99 vidas, demitrios some of the play asia games will be worth more then uncharted or killzone on vita.

The only reason these wont be valuable if it becomes some like game.com or other system that sold so badly no one has nastogic memorys for it to want to collect it.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  18. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

I think you're quite onto it, especially around the 15 year mark for aging, that does tend to be when a lot of game titles peek for value. And with Vita there is a nice asset of having three hardware variants existing which gives better odds of a long term viable means of being able to still play Vita game carts fifteen years out. Not that there won't potentially be some manner of aftermarket Vita "compatible" gaming system clone available by then, but only time will tell on that front.

PS4 Holds a larger chunk of market share period, so demand ten years plus out is destined to be greater barring anything un-forseen.
    Every popular gaming console, such as the PS4, holds the potential te gain occult-like collector following. There are a gracious plenty collectors in this world with the goal of collecting every release (for their home region at the least) for their all-time favorite gaming console. If you really study people's collecting habits, which I have, the "most popular" gaming system will be a system the individual collector owned or had frequent access to at some point during their teenage years. And this kinda goes with why Vita is such a oddball niche gaming platform, as most folk I have met online who own the handheld and love it (myself included) are adults, a very not typical piece of gaming hardware for sure.

And yes, assuming Paris isn't burning while the French have a revolution, RAG intends to announce their next Vita game ttile on December 27th at 2:00p.m. their time.

19. 2048Dan

2048Dan Well-Known Member

15-20 years... That's quite a long time. I guess I will either be a Vita millionaire by then, or I'll be driving around in a desert wasteland with spikes on my car trying to find water and gasoline...

Seriously though, the amount of people who cares about physical games is not going to increase over the years. As we oldtimers drop off, no one will care about even the rarest NES game. Sad but true. :(

20. TheAtom

Curious about the new game! Maybe it'll be a nice one this time! We've had quite a few good indies lately, and I'm sure there's even some bigger releases that would warrant a physical release (why has, for example, nobody jumped on The Caligula Effect yet? Probably licensing and all, but I'm saying, there's options)

21. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

I think that is a NISA fanchise.... blame them because they've been a bit shit vita wise the last year or so

22. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Woohoo.....another game has shipped Demetrois is on its way :)

23. sean

sean irishnerd47

zodaex Ice Cream Surfer physical works on PSTV.

TheAtom and zodaex like this.
  24. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

All the games that aren't selling could be formated and used for better games ;)

TheAtom and zodaex like this.
  25. TheAtom

Aw man... you're right. LRG also did Senran though with Xseed, so who knows?