SaGa Scarlet Grace

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Takao, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/saga_sg/

The latest entry in Square Enix's RPG franchise heads to Vita in 2016. Music by franchise composer Kenji Ito, with game direction by Akitoshi Kawazu.

FrameHallofFame likes this.
  2. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Wish there was a gameplay trailer.

3. Kresnik

Kresnik TVL Guest Reviewer

4. Rat King 64

Rat King 64 Well-Known Member

Square is unreliable when it comes to localizing their games. On PSP they brought most of their stuff over including some that surprised me (Tactics Ogre and Final fantasy IV Complete). On 3DS they have suddenly become stupid about it again with Dragon Quest VII and VIII so far not confirmed to come west. Even though both of those games have been localized before (on PSOne and PS2) Square claims that localization effort would be very high because the scripts have been rewritten for the 3DS versions.

I am pretty sure that World of Final Fantasy will come west on Vita, but I an skeptical about a new Saga game getting the localization treatment.

Hayase likes this.
  5. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

World of Final Fantasy was announced at E3 and is for both PS4 and Vita. It's confirmed for localization. Even if the trademark doesn't mean SaGa will be localized, it does mean that it is under consideration because filing a trademark does cost time and money. The Vita's future is pretty uncertain though so I wouldn't count on SaGa just because of this.

6. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

Gods Eater 2 was trademarked 9 months ago and people took the localization for granted, and I'm still waiting for that announcement. Like Goro said, it just means it is under consideration, nothing more, nothing less.

7. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

^ Yeah, you just never know when it comes to Vita nowadays.

8. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

I think it's likely that Resurrection is the reason we haven't seen God Eater 2 yet but we will see them both next year. That's the one localization I feel pretty confident in.

9. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

I figured the chances of SaGa coming over were 0, so it being trademarked is a genuine surprise.

FrameHallofFame likes this.
  10. Blue Flare

Blue Flare Member

Ehhh with all the stealth releases happening lately, I wouldn't be surprised if this game was out the first quarter of 2016 or some random week during 2018.

11. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

For me, the later the better. More time to make/save money :D

12. AceofOpus

AceofOpus Member

Well as long as it's Trademarked in Europe than there is a possibility for a physical release. Knowing the series history I am curious how the game is going to look and play. This might be the next (last) big JRPG for the console. Glad Square is giving this series another shot.

13. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

I hope this trademark news will actually mean something (looking at you, God Eater 2) and we'll get the game in reasonable time. It would also thrill me if SE had the balls to just release it as a Vita exclusive like its Japanese counterpart. I would be more likely to buy it if that were the case.

14. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

15. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

I'd consider crowdfunding this one if once any proper footage is shown off it looks good. 10 bucks on a PS4 version stretch goal. :p