Sega Mega Drive back in production from TecToy

Discussion in 'Other Gaming Discussion' started by DojoDan, Nov 15, 2016.

1. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

2. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I'm pretty skeptical about this. It seems like with every new revision of Megadrive they make they find some way to make it crappier than the last model. What is this, the 5th revision of the Megadrive now (6th if you count the Nomad)? That might be a record.

3. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

It really depends on sound/video quality and the pad. Time will tell I suppose. MDs are bullet proof so I'm not in any rush for a newer one.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

4. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Heck yeah I love how tank-like those consoles were. There's this Hispanic stand up comedy show called Mind of Mencia and in one of the earliest episodes the host attempts to destroy a N64 by jumping up and down on top of it, and he's a really big guy too. After about a minute he gives up in frustration because he can't make a scratch on the tank like console and resorts to smashing it with a huge sledgehammer. I think that's one of the reasons why the classic gaming systems were are dear to me. If you watched a VHS movie or cassette tape enough times it gets utterly destroyed but you can put an ungodly amount of hours into the classic game systems and they effortlessly hold up. I remember in the NES days i'd leave my console on for days at a time because so many of my games didn't support saving your progress and I never had a worry in my mind about thrashing my system doing it.

DojoDan likes this.