Official Topic Senran Kagura: Estival Versus

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Kyle, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    [​IMG]

Name:
    Senran Kagura Estival Versus -Shoujotachi no Sentaki / Senran Kagura: Estival Versus

Developer: Tamsoft
    Publisher: Marvelous Inc - Japan / XSEED - North America / Marvelous Europe - Europe
    Genre: Action
    Release Date: March 26th 2015 - Japan / March 15th, 2016 - North America / March 18th, 2016 - Europe

Base Size of Digital Version: 3158MB
    Day One Patch: 1826MB

Review: 4.3/5

DLC Gameplay;
    Ayame - ($3.99 / €3.49)

---

Ayane (from Dead or Alive) - ($3.99 / €3.49)

---

Naraku - ($3.99 / €3.49)

---

Kagura - ($3.99 / €3.49)

---​

Synopsis (via Wikipedia);

The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and so it is with the lives of young shinobi. Death comes swiftly — for the lucky ones — and, for those still living, grief is a constant companion. Ryōbi and Ryōna, two shinobi sisters of the Hebijo Clandestine Girls’ Academy elite, know that truth all too well, and they mourn their beloved elder sister every day.

But, when a mystical phenomenon appears, drawing the shinobi world’s finest young ladies into a parallel dimension, everything they know about life and death turns upside down. Taken to a strange world resembling a warm summer island, the girls find themselves face to face with their departed loved ones.

The island’s mysterious mistresses challenge the girls, who hail from four rival schools, to a contest of strength and wits. The winning school, she promises, will not only learn the highest secrets of shinobi lore, but will also have the honour of laying their loved ones’ souls to rest.

The buxom beauties prepare for a new kind of battle, facing not only their rivals, but questions galore. Can the island's hosts be trusted? Will the other schools play fair, team up, or cheat? Will there be time to enjoy the beach before the fighting starts? Will anyone manage to keep their clothes intact? And… if they win, can they bear to be parted from their loved ones a second time?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    kingrain likes this.
  2. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Just got my mail to say mine is en route and will be pick-upabble tomorrow! So excited for this game, the wait has been painful :(

zodaex likes this.
  3. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I just got mine from Game saying it's being processed! I'm starting to think I wasted my money on the standard edition tho. I have the Shinovi Ltd Ed, I shouldv'e paid the extra tenner for the Estival LE :(

4. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Oh wow they offered different versions over there? We just got one over here in the US. Launch version has the CD and cards. Mine is out for delivery. Starting to feel sick at work *cough cough* might need to run home

5. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Yeah you don't sound too well mate ;)

DankZaku likes this.
  6. jmontero

jmontero Well-Known Member

I ordered through Marvelous but they have not sent me an email confirming they have ship my game! I ordered it july 28th I try contacting them but no answer...

7. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Try to contact them via Twitter ( https://twitter.com/marvelous_games/with_replies?lang=en )

They shipped all packages already, I got my mail Friday with T&T code and mine will be delivered tomorrow.

8. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

My game is scheduled to be delivered on this monday. I chose free shipping so I won't have it on release day. That's okay though cause it's worth it for the physical and hopefully a picture album like Shinovi Vs. had *drool. The day one patch is a bit unfortunate. What did they say it was, 1.5GB or something? Not thrilled about having that much space tied up on my 16GB memory card, however it's definitely worth it for Senran. I just wonder how we will able to patch this game again 15 years in the future when PSN has been shut down and your memory card fails on you. I guess the same situation as people who play original xbox games, and can no longer access game patches or DLC. I've intentionally kept away from reading up on this game because I wanted to be surprised when I get it. Definitely looking forward to a fresh new Senran game after the excellent DLC missions for Senran Kagura 2 Deep Crimson. If anyone would like to play some of the multiplayer with me, definitely add me to your PSN friend list!

9. DankZaku

You can back up your memory card using the content manager software. But I doubt your touch screen will be functioning in 15 years :) it's sad to think about so I usually don't lol its the reason I only buy digital on PC unless the game is under $20. I can still play every game I ever bought on pc unless it is a server dependant MP game.

10. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I actually don't have a touchscreen Vita. In all honesty I have never even touched an actual Vita in my life, I'm on Playstation TV all the way! And since I treat my PS-TV like a baby made of glass, I actually expect it to last for the rest of my life. My Atari 2600 that I got when I was a small child still works great, I see no reason why my PS-TV wouldn't outside of the Dual Shock 3 Battery eventually dying, but you can still just leave it plugged in all the time if need be :) .

The thing to be mindful of when getting all of your PC games digital like that is that you are forefitting any resale value that the games would have otherwise normally had. Recently I have been selling a lot of my old PC games, boxes and manuals that I don't use anymore on Ebay, and have already made at least $250 dollars doing that and i'm not even close to done. I know it's not for everybody, but I love seeing my favorite games lined up on my shelf as decoration. I think it looks really nice having physical copies of all 5 F.E.A.R. games lined up on my shelf. It's a nice conversation piece when I have guests over. It's also nice to be able to cut down on the amount of data you have to download to install your games. I have several friends that often hit their monthy internet bandwith cap, and often times Steam and Origin game downloads are a major part of it. Even PC games with 1 time use activation codes, you'd be surprised how much you can sell the empty boxes for on Ebay if they are in good condition.

11. DankZaku

Oh well you can still back up your memory card using the content manager the same way. It makes it easier when moving between cards too.

You reference games of a bygone era my friend, 90% of all PC games now a days are tied to Steam, Origin or some other third party platform. So having a disk (that does nothing but activate your purchase) means zilch to me now when it can be bought much, much cheaper digitally near launch than the retail dvd costs. You end up having to download it anyway so why not save money? Games that don't require a drm platform, like the Witcher series, I buy physical and show my support. Consoles are different. I always buy physical unless its a digital only release. Digital titles on PSN cost the same as retail copies. I get 20% off at both Best Buy and Amazon so buying digital is just throwing money away. Know what I mean?

12. Zero Eternity

Zero Eternity Well-Known Member

*Comes on here to see any interesting posts*

*Sees Kyle's post about a near 2gig day one patch*

*Looks down at memory card* "Dammit."
    P.S. says nice things about Marvelous/Xseed's support for the game though.

Kyle likes this.
  13. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    I really want to play online, but I can't without the patch, and not enough room on my memory card. Sadness. ;_;

Senran Kagura is better than Tylenol. XD

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  14. Vita_Girl

Finally got my Estival Versus LE with Artbook, Art cards wich I won't unpack and unseal, 2cd soundtrack and a big and very sturdy collectible box.

[​IMG]

I saw some videos of the game on Youtube from Blue Maxima and LatestVitagames, oddly they both have lag in the game that is more noticable than in Shinovi Versus, funny enough I can't reproduce the same lag they have in their video's, there is some lag but not as in their videos.

Because the game launches in EU on march 18th I don't have the 1.17 update (stuck on 1.06) and I can't go online, not that I care because I'm more happy that the game came safely to me.

At the time of my pre order, the edition with figurines was sold out, the Bahonkas was still there but for a simple pillowcase paying more than 30 euro extra wasn't worth for me.

Great LE, worth every penny ;)

(I did pre-order it on december 1st)

DankZaku likes this.
  15. Billybobbean

I just picked mine up, can't wait to get home and assemble the figures [emoji41]

16. Billybobbean

Pics of the slippery sports edition stuff

FINALLY HERE
    [​IMG]

Box, side 1
    [​IMG]

Box, side 2
    [​IMG]

Contents
    [​IMG]

Full pillow case
    [​IMG]

Figures in their new habitat with the previously available sets
    [​IMG]

Group shot[​IMG]

17. Marty_Mate

Marty_Mate Member

:)Mine arrived today
    [​IMG]

18. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

:eek: simply amazing...................... :D:cool:

19. Vita_Girl

Yaay, you got the most bad ass version of the game, that one was sold out when I pre-ordered mine.

Pff I downloaded 1.17 patch last night, PSN download speed is still a NIGHTMARE because that 1,8gb download was ready after more than 4 hours, and my Vita was a bi*ch and stopped downloading after 5 minutes in stand-by...

20. Billybobbean

It sold out in about 5 minutes, I caught the email as it came in by pure chance and bought it without a second thought. NO REGRETS

21. Vita_Girl

Lucky you :D

Have fun with the game ;)

22. Yaster

Yaster Well-Known Member

This game came into the office yesterday and I'm sure there wasn't a latch then. Now I'm in Butlins with only 30 minutes of WiFi per day and it's asking me to update. Yeah I think I'm gonna wait until I get home for that.

Have the PS4 version too but I think I'm only gonna play this on the hand held. Not it sure if I want people looking at my TV while I play this one.

23. Stefarno

Stefarno Well-Known Member

My copy of the 'Pleb Edition' arrived today...

[​IMG]

DojoDan and Vita_Girl like this.
  24. Vita_Girl

Pleb Edition?

25. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

Could anyone share a pic of the back cover?

Thank you