Severed getting a physical release

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Mr Tornado, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    When I got up this morning I panicked because I overslept past the release time, then I remembered it was a Play-Asia release so I went back to bed. Wish all limited releases were as stress free.

zodaex, TheAtom and Mr Tornado like this.
  2. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Same here! The stress free part then, I didn't really oversleep xD

I got Severed just now, a day later!! I had completely forgotten about it, but it didn't even matter :D
    €35 including shipping and import costs! Not too shabby, considering it comes all the way from Hong Kong or Singapore!!

edit:
    If you haven't yet, I can second AllHasRed his post that they refund it quickly, typically the same day. Worth the email! Also include you want to add the MYPSVITA code for an extra few bucks off :D

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    DojoDan likes this.
  3. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

Got my yesterday.
    Yea for the shipping fee refund :D

4. Sabreman64

Sabreman64 Member

You're right about the refund. I contacted Play Asia and they sent me a Paypal refund for the shipping a few hours later. It's still pending in my Paypal account and so I presume I'll receive it in a few days or something. Good customer service from Play Asia.

Other companies could take a leaf out of Play Asia's book. Fangamer, for example. I ordered the Undertale Vita collector's edition from them a few weeks ago. I had an email from Fangamer saying it had been shipped on July 10th, but when I use the tracking number they provided, the USPS site says, "Label Created, not yet in system - A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon." So according to USPS, it seems they've not received the package from Fangamer. I really don't know what's going on there.

5. TheAtom

I don't know your case specifically, but I've had that a lot with a few different delivery services (Royal Mail and DHL mostly, but I'm in Belgium, so don't deal a lot with USPS). It can sometimes take a few days (not 24h or 48h as sometimes advertised) for anything to appear on your tracking number. I've had it so that nothing appeared until after I had received the package.

Nonetheless, July 10th is a while back, depending on where you live, that's way too long. If you're not in the US, it could be stuck in customs, though that usually shows up.

If you haven't already, definitely give them an email. It could even be they completely forgot to send it and they'll send it right after. Weird shit happens at times.

6. Sabreman64

Sabreman64 Member

I've emailed Fangamer today to ask them to look into it. I'll see what happens.

TheAtom likes this.
  7. Sabreman64

Sabreman64 Member

Well, as I said, I emailed Fangamer about the tracking problem with the copy of Undertale. They replied pretty quickly saying that if the tracking hadn't updated by the 8th (tomorrow) they would send another copy. I've tried the USPS tracking just now and it says:

"Your package is on its way to a USPS facility.
    August 6, 2018 at 7:43 pm

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending

LOS ANGELES, CA 90009"

Hmm. Now, I could be wrong here, but it seems that Fangamer have only just decided (a few days ago) to have my parcel passed on to USPS for delivery. Oh well, as long as I eventually receive my game I'm not too bothered about Fangamer's below average service when it comes to despatching their orders.

8. TheAtom

Severed just got shipped! Still waiting for Bullet Girls, but it's all good :D

rajat likes this.
  9. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

Mine as well :D

10. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Me too, plus Bullet Girls LE from yesterday or the day before...I forget... :oops:

McFungos and rajat like this.
  11. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Mine to , feels even better when you don't have to wait 4/5 months for your pre order to arrive when you originally bought it ;) :)

TheAtom likes this.
  12. TheAtom

There's a difference between being sent and arriving though xD

Bullet Girls still isn't in... My local tracking says Monday though!