Sharin no Kuni now back on Kickstarter; $120k for Vita version; physical copies available (LRG)

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Kresnik, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Kresnik

Kresnik TVL Guest Reviewer

2. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Signed up - visual novels are awesome.

Although now I wonder if I should've just waited for LRG, especially if they number -their- stuff.

3. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

If I back this & it meets the stretch goal, how will the physical release be handled. Will LRG take our details, then ship it out that way? Will LRG manufacture extra copies for a regular sale? Could there be alternative artwork for the Kickstarter campaign. Getting a bit confused! Sorry. :oops:

4. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Probably similar to what happened with Muv Luv - they send a backerkit survey asking you which version of the physical game you want. You pick the vita, they note it, they send it over to whoever handles the vita distribution, and the rest goes from there.

As to what LRG does, I think we need to see what happens with Cosmic Star Heroine for an answer, as the situation there is the same as this one.

5. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

So the Cosmic Star Heroine LRG release is for backers only?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

6. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

From my understanding, the Cosmic Star Heroine LRG release is basically "Backers get to pick through the inventory first", then "the rest is sold to the public".

I sort of expect a big fight over what's sold to the public if LRG's misjudged the print run.

DankZaku and DojoDan like this.
  7. Mr Tornado

Hopefully they can work out how many Kickstarter backers there are, then add on the usual 5000-6000.

ixbeefxi and DojoDan like this.
  8. ixbeefxi

ixbeefxi Well-Known Member

Loving visual novels at the moment so will definitely back this. Hopefully won't go the same way as Rogue Raiders...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

9. werezompire

werezompire New Member

Hi, I'm one of the CSH developers. Our current plan with the LRG release is that Kickstarter backers will have a chance to preorder the LRG release and then we'll do a normal LRG release afterwards. The print run size won't be determined until after we see how many KS backers want a copy (so if a bunch of backers want a copy, we'll order a larger print run).

sean and DojoDan like this.
  10. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

Looks likely that it will hit the vita stretch goal. I will certainly back this if it does, not at all interested if it only gets out on pc though.

11. NinjaMicWZ

NinjaMicWZ Well-Known Member

I backed it for a physical copy. See if it hits the goal and I'll keep my pledge for the final hour.

12. Lukey52

I was reading up on kickstarter as I've never felt compelled enough to back any project before. Anyway I see it's possible to cancel a pledge after it's made. So it might be a good idea for everyone who is holding off on a vita stretch goal to pledge now. Imagine if they got to $100k and there were 500 of us waiting off on pledging on the $40 dollar tier for a phsyical copy until vita was guaranteed. We'd look right fools knowing if we had backed before we'd have got it over the mark.

13. Kresnik

Yeah, this. Nothing is spent and you can cancel at any time before the funding is completed, and money is only taken if the project (in this case, base goal of $80k) is met.

So it's worth pledging while you can and removing pledge later if it's looking unlikely to reach Vita goal. If people hold off until $120k is reached, it's gonna be much harder to get the game on Vita :(

NinjaMicWZ likes this.
  14. NinjaMicWZ

Yeah, that's what I do with stuff.

15. sean

sean irishnerd47

Plan on backing this in 2 weeks. do not want to take a chance on missing a physical vita. I would back it sooner but went kinda overboard on black friday.

16. NinjaMicWZ

The money doesn't come out until the kickstarter is over if funding is met, as far as I know.

DankZaku likes this.
  17. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Kickstarters don't take money off credit cards until it's successful. At the moment it is at about 85K, so 35K to hit vita. Start recruiting.

18. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Yep, not charged until the campaign is ended. Any one interested in this should definitely back it now, then cancel if it doesn't hit 120k. Backed. Hopefully we get some clarification from LRG too.

19. Kresnik

Apparently they're going to be making some announcements about the Vita version on Monday.

20. sean

sean irishnerd47

Backed for for the 40 physical. assuming we will have option to change it from windows to vita later if it makes it.

21. Kresnik

Once the game is funded (assuming it hits the Vita stretch goal) you'll be sent a survey asking which version you want physically. Have to respond within 14 days I believe.

22. Manjoume

Manjoume Scientist

What is the difference between the 75 and 85 usd edition? I see the same items... I guess the 75 was for the first backers and the 85 usd is the regular price, am I right?

23. Mr Tornado

To answer a question we've gotten from a few people: if the stretch goal is met, the physical Vita version will be available outside of the Kickstarter campaign; however, the deluxe game box included in the $75 and above tiers is exclusive to the campaign - the perfect way to show off your love for both the Vita and Sharin no Kuni!

MUST HAVE DELUXE GAME BOX FOR OCD COLLECTION!

*backs Kickstarter*

Manjoume and DojoDan like this.
  24. Lukey52

I hope that announcing that doesn't put people off backing on kickstarter and just waiting for it to get released with LRG or someone.

25. ixbeefxi

ixbeefxi Well-Known Member

Although i have backed this i think it may struggle to reach the Vita Stretch goal.