Shmups for the Vita

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Terramax, May 15, 2018.

1. Terramax

Terramax Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I used to be a pretty big fan of 2D shmups, but went off them for a few years due to over-saturation.

However, thanks to the Switches shmup library I've started getting back into them again only to realise I only have Shienryu for the trusty Vita.

I've just ordered DariusBurst, which should hopefully keep me happy for a while. However, can anyone think of any other quality shmups for the Vita?

DojoDan likes this.
  2. Nikobelakhov

Nikobelakhov Active Member

Check out Soldner X2, Sina Mora, Super Hydorah and Sky Force Anniversary. Darius Burst is excellent as you already know. I would grab the DLC for it too.

Terramax likes this.
  3. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I didn;t even know Shienryu exists. Thanks for that :) Just looked it up on YT, reminds me if Apogees Raptor: Call of the Shadows. Well, to my fuzzy memories. Definitely be picking Shienryu when I get home.

Terramax likes this.
  4. Terramax

Terramax Well-Known Member

Nikobelakhov - Funnily enough, I have all the shmups you mentioned, but completely forgot about them. I didn't like any of them. I personally don't like Eurosmups. Sina Mora could've been good, but they shoehorned a story in there for no good reason, and the gameplay was a bit meh from what I remember. The other two mentioned were also completely unremarkable.

Thanks for Super Hydorah though. I'll check that out, once it's less than 16 goddamn pounds!

DojoDan - Shienryu is actually a pretty darn good shmup. I've had it on my Vita for years and I've always played it in short bursts from time to time.

DojoDan likes this.