Show Off Your Latest Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by DuhWhitePanda, May 17, 2014.

1. joecool

joecool ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I had one of these a few years ago but gave it a way for a good cause.
    Now, I've acquired a much cleaner and more complete set!
    And the TV Tuner works, but you need a Digital Converter Box for it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dee0342, DankZaku, DojoDan and 4 others like this.
  2. sagadego16

sagadego16 Active Member

[​IMG] new tv is a 55 inch lg tv hence the remote and also new stand for it

rajat likes this.
  3. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

http://retrorgb.com/gamegearrgb.html :) I use Otakus, it's pretty neat. I have great memories playing Sonic on the GG at my schools youth club, it was a real treat.

4. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Well-Known Member

My new Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike! :D

[​IMG]

DankZaku, zodaex, DojoDan and 2 others like this.
  5. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

Campo Sexo :D
    [​IMG]

Rothnihalias and DankZaku like this.
  6. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

I've wanted this game for so long. Its been in the back of my mind as long as I can remember. I put $5 a check back so that I wouldn't notice the money lol. I ended up finding a much better deal than I thought possible though. I believe its 100% with all the inserts, and the discs are mint as hell. Only one tiny mark on disc 2 that I can see. I can't wait to play it tonight!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Dee0342, AllHasRed, Vita_Girl and 4 others like this.
  7. Renegade Bastard

Fucking sweet! That game is rare and legendary AF! Enjoy it, bud. :)

DankZaku likes this.
  8. DojoDan

I keep getting tempted by the Xbox Panzer Dragoon. I should really invest as it's not expensive. That is a good addition to your Saturn tho mate.

I had two more gba games arrive today. I've bought the 3 Mickey Magical Quests. The gba just keeps on giving. I had no idea about these!

DankZaku likes this.
  9. sean

sean Well-Known Member

DankZaku likes this.
  10. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Very nice indeed! :)

11. Angeru

Angeru Member

Game is not rare, just overpriced. If there was one listing for one every six months, then I would say it's rare but there are 17 for sale on ebay right now.

12. Renegade Bastard

Uh... there weren't millions or even hundreds of thousands of physical copies printed of that game like most current gen console games. That game is also NOT available for purchase and play anywhere digitally.

So yeah... that makes it hella rare.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  13. Angeru

Angeru Member

But the fact that you can find 17 in ebay, which is available for anyone to purchase, provees it to be uncommon and not rare, we are not talking rarity as a NWC cart. The same applies to the LGR games, they have a low print run but you can find them on ebay everytime you search.

14. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

(vita_girl grabs a dictionary)

Definition of "rare":

coming or occurring far apart in time; unusual; uncommon:

Uncommon is rare too, there are a couple of definitions of rare which varies between rare (uncommon) or very rare (almost impossible to find) and so on.

In fact this game IS rare but not very rare.

Rare is rare, only difference between rare and very rare is that the latter one is harder to find than the first one, very rare is not uncommon but uncommon can be seen as rare and in fact is.

sean, DankZaku and Renegade Bastard like this.
  15. Renegade Bastard

Well defined! Thank you. :)

16. Angeru

Angeru Member

So, how would you classify Earthbound for the Snes? Do you think it still should command the high price or rarity even thought it can be downloaded(as renegade suggested)on the Nintendo eshop?

17. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Why are you trying to argue with people? eBay makes everything available to everyone. Its 100 times easier to find something now than it was 15 years ago. Everyone knows that. Because if some one has it, its posted online. You don't even have to leave your house anymore. But just because you find it online doesn't mean something is all of a sudden stops being "rare" or hard to find.

This title had less than 15k copies made according to SEGA. Which is ridiculously low, especially when compared to today's releases. Its never been released digitally so the only way to play it other than spotty emulation thanks to the Saturn's dual CPU's is to find it physically. Its not like you can just walk into a local used game store and find ten copies sitting on the shelf. You'd be lucky if you found even one copy.

And you can't compare LRG releases of small indie titles to a critically acclaimed first party RPG that hasn't had a release since its debut in 1998.

18. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

The original physical US Earthbound is in my opinion somewhere between common and uncommon, the game did sold poorly but without counting fake carts and repro's there are enough copies out there.

Without counting my opinion, you could call it rare because it sold under 250k in US...

When I and other collectors I know personally say "this game is rare" (and so on) we mean a physical only version, good example is Legends of War because that game is rare physically but you can get it digitally, still it doesn't change the fact that the game is rare physically, digital version is nothing more than non physical data and for me it doesn't count rarity wise (if we are talking about games only).

So why is Earthbound so expensive then? There are 2 main reasons for that, people want it because it's good and second and most important reason is nostalgia.

People sell games like Zelda and Mario for even €80 for a single cart even while they are very common and had great sales, same goes for Pokemon of even Metroid, people ask a lot of money for games that sold in millions not because they are rare, but because of nostalgia and the fact that people want to pay those stupidly high prices for those games, a price doesn't say anything about a game it's rarity because a very common game like Zelda can go up tot even €150 CiB where a more uncommon game like Putty Squad is on sale for €20.

19. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

Bought a shitty 2 in 1 Kung fu DVD today, you know, one of those with "american ninjas" and all that hilarious nonsense from the 70s.
    Man, these are awesome. And cheap, less than 1 euro xD

DankZaku and Vita_Girl like this.
  20. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I recommend the German Blu-Ray for Aces Go Places Collection if your into that kinda stuff. It's cheap!

Akros likes this.
  21. Dee0342

Dee0342 Well-Known Member

I couldn't leave those poor OG Xbox games in the secondhand store ( for 50 cents to 2 euros )

[​IMG]

coachjjs75 and DankZaku like this.
  22. samus1818

samus1818 Member

I'm a Panzer Dragoon fan! I've always wanted to play this one, as well as the subsequent PD games. I've only played the first one, and the PD for Xbox. I want to even play the PD for Game Gear, but I heard it's really expensive. Cool find!

23. samus1818

samus1818 Member

This makes me want to buy a Game Gear. I had one as a kid, but then I sold it. Shinning Force was the first RPG I played, and that game convinced me to give RPGs a chance. This is a nice find!

24. DojoDan

I have fond memories of the Game gear, even tho I didn't own one back then. I was a huge Sonic fan on the Megadrive and our school had a game gear for the weekly evening youth club. I loved that youth club. Could play table tennis, darts, Sonic and buy crisps etc. Plus I remember drooling over the GG at the electronics store. Just a shame the screens aren't great but it's all part of the charm.

25. Rothnihalias

Rothnihalias Member

I scored and found an extra copy of Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt. I've always loved this tiny gem, more than even the full release.

I've also managed to get BF4 with all of it's DLC for $5. If only I had the space on my PS4... EA slowly gave all of that game's DLC away for free a while back and this is the lowest price it's ever reached on both PC and PS4 so this is a long time coming.

I'm really enjoying my digital purchase of the PSP title Reviera: The Promised Land. I don't know the full differences between the GBA (2005) version and the PSP (2007) version are but I love the artwork, the music is great, and the excessive amounts of voice acting is fine all around.

rajat likes this.