Show Off Your Latest Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by DuhWhitePanda, May 17, 2014.

1. MatrixxGT

MatrixxGT Member

Mariokart DoubleDash should have a price drop to $29.99 soon.

2. Kurisutina

Kurisutina Ultimate Vita Enthusiast

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Skies of Arcadia Legends @MadamePanda as well as the two recommendations so far, plus Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros Melee!

3. tinlunlau

tinlunlau Member

Bought a ps4 last weekend. No pics required here. Everyone knows how that looks like. Is there a bluray remote control for ps4 like the one for ps3 yet?

4. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    One does not exist at this time and the PS3 one is not compatible yet either it seems. On that note though, the whole point of the thread is to show off your goods, so get some pics of that PS4 purchase up anyway!

5. tinlunlau

tinlunlau Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Also bought this Vegeta figurine. Here's his head.

6. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Much better! Wow, the PS4 box is way thinner than the old PS3 box. Looks like you've got a good setup! By the way, the Vegeta head looks...I dunno it feels like it was photoshopped in due to the lighting but well, clearly you're holding the head by the hair, it's bizarre!

7. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yeah that's right... It's a strategy guide. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?!

Literally just arrived. Glad I was awake to get it so it wasn't sitting in my door for 6 hours. Too bad I'm tired and shit and my face is sore or I'd bust out one of the games and start playing.

8. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Since I'm in the process of getting a new debit card, my latest purchase was this. A $20 PSN Card in order to buy PlayStation Vita Pets.

Definitely worth the purchase. Vita Pets is such an adorable game. I just cannot put it down.

[​IMG]

9. DanTheManIAm

DanTheManIAm Member

PSN ID:
    DanTheManIAm
    Oh my! I love me some classic Godzilla!

Trent likes this.
  10. DuhWhitePanda

DuhWhitePanda Well-Known Member

Went on my Amazon account and found this stuff ordered sooo I'm guessing I'll be seeing these on my doorstep within a week or two:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

MadamePanda, Kurisutina and Kyle like this.
  11. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

@DuhWhitePanda: I can't speak for the books but Rayman Origins is 2D platforming at its finest, still one of the best Vita games ever in my opinion.

EDIT: On topic, yesterday I bought Ethan Meteor Hunter and Rocketbirds for Vita thanks to the EU Store sales they were having on them. Impulsive buying at its finest.

12. DuhWhitePanda

DuhWhitePanda Well-Known Member

The Game of Throne books and Rayman game would be MadamePanda's purchases. I'm not into platform games or incest lol. I ended up ordering Mind Zero for myself. I may end up playing it after her though as she plays all my games.

MadamePanda likes this.
  13. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

@DuhWhitePanda Being for you or being for her the game is still one of the best Vita games out there. Even if you don't enjoy platformers after all, I recommend you to try the game since you've bought it, it just doesn't hurt.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    Kurisutina likes this.
  14. MadamePanda

MadamePanda Member

My amazing husband read my post about looking forward to Danganronpa 2, and he bought me the first game! Eeek! <3

[​IMG]

MrAlsVita and Pata like this.
  15. RoboAddy

RoboAddy Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  16. MrAlsVita

MrAlsVita Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Kyle likes this.
  17. RoboAddy

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    These arrived in the mail yesterday, and I updated my previous post with more preorders.

[​IMG]

MrAlsVita likes this.
  18. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    [​IMG]

First damage done due to Summer Blast, plus Day - 3 on Atelier Rorona Plus, hurray for free DLC, especially super cute DLC. Ugh, my digital library engulfs my physical library, doesn't help I got rid of my physical copy of Hot Shots (bought the digital earlier this week on the last day of the sale), Gravity Rush (cause I have an official code for it, PLUS PS+ ownership), hmm and I think that's all I got rid of. I'm down to Persona 4 Golden and Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD. I know this is going to sound a bit crazy but I never seem to get a good deal on Vita physical, despite physical having more sales, or so I'm told. I'll just have to try and keep a better eye out for content I want at retail and on sale.

19. MrAlsVita

MrAlsVita Well-Known Member

20. RoboAddy

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    These arrived today!
    Edit: better photo attached.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    MrAlsVita likes this.
  21. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    After having some issues with my Acer W510, no doubt the results of having bought it pre-owned and for only buying the tiny 32 GB model, I decided to upgrade. Too many daily BSOD scenarios from whoever had it before finally broke me into upgrading.

I bought the tablet's successor, the Acer Aspire Switch 10. Very similar, but lighter, brighter screen, a more convenient and secure dock, and runs a lot faster, in my honest opinion. I am loving it, thus far. Also got the 64 GB Model instead of the 32, plus my 64 GB Micro SD Card.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    Kyle likes this.
  22. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    How much did the Acer Aspire run you @Trent? Also how is it in Tablet mode? I've been reconsidering my own computer setup as of late.

23. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    The 64GB Model ran me about $430 (Cheaper than its predecessor), which I acquired from Amazon's site, but the Acer Store has it for the same price.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-SW5-011-11JE-10-1-Inch-Detachable-Touchscreen/dp/B00K81O020/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404342387&sr=8-2&keywords=switch 10
    http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/pd/ThemeID.35703000/productID.304763300

I would also highly recommend that anyone avoid any Windows 8 PC/Tablet PC that has less than a 64 GB Hard Drive, as the Windows 8 files uses up a good 20 GB of space. Don't wanna buy a 32 GB and realize the main hard drive only has 10 GB available to you. Though either model comes bundled with an activation code for Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and OneNote)

In Tablet Mode, I was impressed at how fluidly it runs, compared to its predecessor. The touch gestures run a lot nicer and quicker than the W510 (and the Acer W3, for that matter). Tablet "Mode" is always enabled, since it's a touch screen, though the magnetic dock is reversible so you can display it like a propped-up tablet or in a "Tent" mode. But, in general, the touch screen runs well and, while the tablet is heavier than something like an iPad, it reacts to touch quite well.

Though, I will say something about the specs. It's not for heavy computing. It does run MUCH better than its predecessor which had similar specs, but it still has only 2 GB of RAM and a 1.33 GhZ Processor.

One last thing to note is that it's not heating up like the W510. After an hour or so, that one would heat up. It wouldn't be really hot, but it would be warm. I've had the Switch 10 on for about 6 hours and going right now on max brightness on the screen (Which is a big step above the previous Acer Tablet screens as far as anti-glare stuff is concerned) and it hasn't gotten warm at all, as of yet. Granted, that's with Airplane Mode on, but still something worth noting.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    Kurisutina likes this.
  24. RoboAddy

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    [​IMG]
    These arrived today~

MrAlsVita and Kurisutina like this.
  25. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Well-Known Member

Just installed these two last weekend.