Show Off Your Latest Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by DuhWhitePanda, May 17, 2014.

1. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

That Taito book looks very interesting!

2. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Asuka & Yagyuu figures:

[​IMG]

Katsuragi & Yozakuma poster:

[​IMG]

Also picked up the Peach Beach Splash Ebten DX special (includes illustrated book i already have plus the below bedsheet)

[​IMG]

One day my Senran Kagura bedroom will be complete.... one day...

If anyone wants to buy or trade the spare new Peach Beach Splash official illustration book I now have let me know - I pictured a fair few pages of the book a few pages back in this thread

Mr Tornado, TheAtom, rajat and 2 others like this.
  3. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

A friend of mine wants to know if that's a dovet cover? And also can you buy them on there own?

4. lesdennis

no unfortunately it's not a quilt cover, just a single layer sheet, kinda like a throwover

Yes you can purchase the sheet individually, but I've seen two sheet onlys which cost as much as the complete set (I bought the last available one off Solarisjapan for £100 delivered),

one new on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Senran-K...-Yumi-Mirai-Harem-Bed-Sheet-New-/222830900543

and one used on goods republic:

https://goodsrepublic.com/product/product_page_2346203.html?ref=search_page&type=search_product

The Asuka & Yagyuu figures were bought used from goodsrepublic but were both still factory sealed (new)

DojoDan likes this.
  5. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Got these 2 (still need to buy myself a Switch :oops: )

[​IMG]

6. DojoDan

Cool. I'll let "my friend" know ;)

DankZaku and lesdennis like this.
  7. lesdennis

hahaha

almost forgot it also included a nice pink plastic wallet:

[​IMG]

DankZaku, Vita_Girl, DojoDan and 2 others like this.
  8. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

No more Switch games being bought.lol. The End is Nigh was free though!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    DankZaku, Vita_Girl, rajat and 2 others like this.
  9. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

PM me the Snow Moto racing freedom seller link and your RBI baseball cover is different then mine :eek:

10. sagadego16

sagadego16 Well-Known Member

all from amazon [​IMG] Monster Hunter 3rd Hunters Model psp was 90$ used

rajat, DankZaku, Vita_Girl and 3 others like this.
  11. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Ugh I'm so jealous of the figurines... I've been wanting to get them for a while but other stuff always comes up...

That Yagyuu is awesome!

Could you make a picture of your entire Senran collection? I'm really curious to see what you got!

Oh, and on an off-topic note: what are your thoughts on the Burst remake? I'm kind of going back and forth between wanting to get the nicest edition when localised or not getting it at all. It will kind of depend on whether only Yumi (and Miyabi?) will get prequel stories or whether they all will. Besides that it looks like Burst put into an EV jacket, and EV's gameplay is my least favourite of the whole series...
    Edit: sorry for the big off-topic part here... It's difficult to keep it small when talking Senran Kagura. XD

12. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Is that a remake of the 3DS one in the style of EV? On Vita?

13. TheAtom

Billybobbean likes this.
  14. lesdennis

I'm very much looking forward to Senran Kagura Burst, I have the japanese limited edition from Amiami incoming, only 10 more days til release!!!

Such a shame the vita got no love this time :(

As far as I am aware the two academy's that weren't in the original SK Burst (Gessen - Yumi, Hebijo - Miyabi) will all be available as free DLC for a short period after release, then paid DLC thereafter.

A picture of my entire Senran collection? haha no chance of getting that in one picture!! I'll try and sort some out soon, almost my entire bedroom is decked out in Senran Kagura merch!

zodaex likes this.
  15. Vita_Girl

I wonder if they port that remake of Burst to the Switch (or at least PC).

16. TheAtom

Yumi has been confirmed to get a little prequel story besides just being playable though. I'm hoping the other characters will get that as well, rather than being just playable characters... Also hoping they'll put Ryoubi and Ryouna in Gessen as storywise they're supposed to still be there.

That means a picture series of your room then! If you'd rather not, please don't feel pushed though! But as a fellow fan I'd love to see it!

Vita_Girl I'd love a Switch version actually! I personally think they're testing the waters with the Shinobi Refle release, it being a low budget game (re-used assets with new voice tracks), and I'm guessing depending on those sales they'll make further decisions regarding the Switch. I for one wouldn't mind the Switch being the spiritual successor to the Vita, having all games being ported there instead. The PC I do see happening either way. It will probably follow the Western release after a few months or something.

17. Billybobbean

Has a western release been planned?

18. TheAtom

Well... technically not... Don't tell me I should still question that?? The whole series has come over so far (except for Shinobi Refle, but I think that the western publishers are less sure about the Switch market than the Japanese ones), so I just kind of made an assumption there...

zodaex likes this.
  19. Billybobbean

I was hoping for a PS4 one myself, would settle for switch. Didn't enjoy Peach Beach so would be nice to have something a bit more like SV/EV again.

20. TheAtom

I quite liked PBS, but that might have just been because it was my first time seeing it on the big screen. I really didn't like EV though, didn't like the gameplay (felt sluggish compared to SV), and I felt the story tried to eat from both the serious story and comedy walls, and ended up obese with nowhere to go instead... But meh, that's just me.

I am secretly hoping for more interesting DLC characters. Takaki said recently that there's going to be more than what was just announced, but I'd like something different than Ikki Tousen and DOA.

lesdennis likes this.
  21. Vita_Girl

I still need to get PBS but from what I saw a regular SK game is more fun.

EV didn't feel sluggish for me afterwards, I learned to use the characters in a different way so in the end it felt like playing SV (except for Homura, she is more OP in EV).

Story wise it was okayish but meh compared to the tone from SV, DC2 and Burst (at least it has a lot of content, DC2 for example has a fun story but is very short).

I wonder what SK7 will bring us.

There is however 1 thing I don't like with EV, it's easy compared to SV for example.

At some point you can spam the ultimates, in SV you must have low health to use these but in EV they removed it, also Crimson Homura is OP because in SV her transformation is shorter and she is slower when walking, in EV they made her transformation longer and she isn't as slow as in SV.

For example when I play on hard I just kill some enemies, transform and don't use any specials, then when you enter a boss battle a lot of times only by transforming Homura the enemy is already dead or has very low health, sure that's not the case when you play the game for the first time but afterwards it is.

I still like the game and it took me around 40+ hours to finish it (around 50 hours for plat + dlc) but in essence the game IS easier than SV (or Burst and DC2).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  22. TheAtom

Vita_Girl I do recommend getting PBS, unless you're allergic to shooters or something. I thought it was great fun. The story, qua tone, lies between EV and BA and never takes itself too seriously, given the premise. The character interactions are where the game really shines, though. Finally the standard character issues are left behind and we can focus on new and different situations in the gimmicky side missions (that in PBS are group missions, rather than single-character ones). We have a group setting out to play a shinobi version of Pokémon Go, you realize Miyabi is scared of ghosts etc. etc. You don't have to for the third time sit through Imu trying to get back at Hikage because of the boxer incident (thank god). Imu also changed again, though not necessarily in a good way (she was my favourite character in SV, I hated how she became one-dimensional in EV, but I can't say I'm a big fan of the ero-loving character they turned her into PBS, but maybe that's more to fit the game than anything else).

Spamming ultimates in EV was certainly something that I needed to stop myself from doing as to not make it too easy indeed. Which is weird because I am so horribly bad at these games usually that I can struggle on lower difficulties as well (which is really annoying because I do like action games, I'm just not good at them). It was cool to be able to see them more easily, because I think I've only once managed to pull off an ultimate in SV for the trophy, and that's it.

I am super excited for SK7 though.

Now that we briefly turned this into an SK discussion topic anyway, what're your thoughts on the Burst Remake Vita_Girl ? Have you played the original as well? I'm at any point trying to get as many other people's positions to try and approach it from different perspectives... I've been swaying between splurging all my money on the, obviously, enormous amounts of DLC again and not getting at all unless the prequel stories for the Gessen and New Hebijo characters will be convincing...

23. lesdennis

sorry to hijack the conversation here but, oh my days!!!!

Finally managed to get my hands on a 'used' Asuka figure fairly cheap, which was still factory sealed so pretty much new... got to love Solarisjapan

[​IMG]

It was a struggle to get the hanzo scroll into place, kept popping back out :D

[​IMG]

Vita_Girl, TheAtom, rajat and 3 others like this.
  24. DojoDan

Yer I'm sure it kept popping back out :p

megadouche91, DankZaku and lesdennis like this.
  25. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Why do I suddenly wish I was a scroll?

DankZaku and lesdennis like this.