Show Off Your Latest Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by DuhWhitePanda, May 17, 2014.

1. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

Let me know if New Little Kings Story is any good. I've got one of those GBA audio adapters as well however these days I tend to just play GBA on my DS-Lite since my hands are huge it's just dramatically more comfortable for longer gaming sessions than the SP. (Although the SP's form factor is unbelievable)

2. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I forgot what an awesome system the DS was, with its GBA backwards compatibility (at least, I thought it was not GB/GBC compatible). We only have a GBA SP and a 3DS, which allows us to play every single portable game Nintendo ever created, which is pretty crazy when you realize that two systems cover 5 generations.

I have stupid long fingers which can make the GBA SP a little tough to handle, but once I get the right position, it's okay for a while. My frustrations with my lack of skill in action games more quickly causes me to stop than cramps from discomfort.

But I will! I am thinking of getting into New Little King's Story afer I finish Alone with You, as it really feels like a different type of game than anything else I own.

zodaex likes this.
  3. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Got myself a new Senran Kagura doll, Ryobi!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Simply lovely! It does also include a topless large breasted changeable body part!

4. TheAtom

Can't say the outfit is what I'd hope for, personally, but it's cool you can change into her Shinobi form!! :D

5. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

She looks awesome.

I wish other characters would get their chance, I'm getting sick of all these Yumi figurines (I liked her as a character, but all that Yumi only attention starts to annoy me).

Would be nice if they made a good quality Homura figurine... *keep dreaming*

6. TheAtom

Vita_Girl have you seen this one? I've been wanting that one for a while (haven't actively searched for it, though). It's relatively cheap (probably) but the quality looks pretty sleek!

7. Vita_Girl

I know that one but even for a prize figurine her quality could be better (Sega and Banpresto have nice quality prize figurines).

Above that people ask way to much money for her on eBay, cheapest one I saw lately was €40 (new) excluding shipping which is just too much for her.

8. TheAtom

Ah yeah, biggest reason I haven't gotten her yet either.

The absolute best prize figures are Sonico's, though. This one from FuRyu is absolutely amazing, and pretty much all FuRyu Sonico figures are ridiculous and really have higher quality than some €100+ ones.

But I digress xD
    lesdennis what are your nicest SK figures, you think? I want to have a cool one, but find it tough to decide, really.

9. Vita_Girl

I depends which FuRyu Sonico you get, FuRyu is really hit and miss quality wise, a lot of their figurines are poor quality and only sometimes they make a stupidly high quality prize one without any reason (like that Sonico)

I avoid FuRyu for their quality because sometimes even bootlegs have better quality.

Same goes for other brands making premium figurines, some are bad and others deliver quality, a good Max Factory or Good Smile (to name few) figurine will always have better quality than any prize figurine, which is logic because the price is sometimes even 10 to 15 times higher (in EU we overpay a lot for prize figurines, I talked once with someone that buys them when he is in Japan and they can be as cheap as €10 each)

But I like good prize figurines because they are cheap :D

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  10. TheAtom

Oh really? I guess we've just been lucky. We got quite a collection of Sonico figures from, among others, FuRyu and they're all awesome.

But yeah for certain, we definitely overpay like hell. But the way prize figures are sold is very different, so it's not easy to import directly. I think they're, as the name implies, prizes at arcades or something. I think usually they're actually about 600-700¥ which translates to about €5. I personally don't mind, as long as the quality is worth it.

Kantai Collection prize figures can be absolutely ridiculous in quality as well, actually. Sheeh, some of them are super awesome.

11. lesdennis

Yeah it's been Yumi mad recently, I really like this Ryobi figure

my favorite is Hikage (also the most expencive); £280 delivered including customs charge from Amiami, however she goes for £400 plus before customs on ebay so I did well to get at the price I paid, I'd been searching various websites daily for several months so was very pleased when I got her;

[​IMG]

12. TheAtom

Oh man! That IS a gorgeous figure!! Good timing on the purchase too!

13. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Undertale arrived today with a £13.29 VAT & Royal Mail Handling Fee. (was expecting it, but still :mad:)

[​IMG]

DojoDan, rajat, TheAtom and 1 other person like this.
  14. Vita_Girl

True, I've never had interest in Kantai Collection but I saw some of their prize figurines and they did look very nice.

Hikage is awesome so it's absolutely worth it, she looks badass :D

15. TheAtom

I should move to the UK... I really feel like Belgium's fees are the highest in the world or something (basically, fee = (PriceGame + €20)*0,21 + €20). The €20 flat rate over which you also pay VAT is killing every non-Eu non-prepaid package coming in as NOTHING slips through :(

16. Vita_Girl

I wonder if my new t-shirt from PA slips through in november, I was too lazy to pre-pay fees.

TheAtom likes this.
  17. TheAtom

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

In the Netherlands, this left me with some extra cash due to things slipping through sometimes... Oh, the good times... :( xD

Edit: oh yeah, if it happens to be a Senran Kagura shirt, you know you have an obligation to share it here, right? If it isn't, it's up to you. I'm pretty sure this was obvious and don't mean to seem infantilizing, but it's good to have it said. XD

18. Vita_Girl

Well if it doesn't slip that's €25 at most (€13 for the handling fee).

We'll see, I know the t-shirt packages are way bigger than the ones for loose games.

19. sagadego16

sagadego16 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    gba ds and psp games and dbz ocean dub dvd from local video game shop. pokemon from fye other 2 dvds from walmarts

20. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

New Arrivals....... :D:D

[​IMG]

DojoDan, Retro8bit, Vita_Girl and 4 others like this.
  21. lesdennis

oh my days I suspect this is going to take me quite some time to complete (last one I clocked 130 hours);

[​IMG]

also got a Senran Kagura T-Shirt (like i need a T-Shirt at this time of year?!)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  22. Lando452

Lando452 Well-Known Member

23. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Nice PSP RPGs, thats what I'm planning to get into next.

How much did the hello kitty gameboy set you back?

24. lesdennis

lad at work wanted to paint me a japanese boob girl picture, quite pleased with the end result;

[​IMG]

the original picture I sent him;

[​IMG]

also got a picture done at work;

[​IMG]

coachjjs75 likes this.
  25. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Nice! I have vague memories of printing off the PSO desktop backgrounds on a color laser printer at my old job... what did I ever do with those? :confused: