Site is Going Unmoderated Right Now

Discussion in 'Rules, Announcements, Feedback, & Competitions!' started by Terramax, Sep 16, 2018.

1. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I agree with the others that we should stick to this forum. A move to another forum is just not going to work out. I wouldn't mind chipping in a little for that payment either.

For now, everyone that hasn't, please do join our Discord!! https://discord.gg/jqYJBDr Use that link, and it should all work out! It's not a permanent solution, and certainly not everyone will join, but it's a way to stay in touch when things don't really go well here. :D

And I definitely volunteer to be a mod. I have the time and the vita-love for it. :D

All we need I guess is for Terra to become the owner of the website, for him to appoint a few mods, for those mods to get organized and divide the labor and then, finally, to collectively help Terra pay for the costs, right? So the first move is on Murphy to hand over the keys, but then afterwards we can get organized ourselves. Even if he doesn't hand over the keys, we just need a few mods that can organize things here properly.

Murphy, DojoDan and zodaex like this.
  2. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    Quick update - there seems to be an issue affecting Terramax's ability to log in. I'm trying to fix, in the interim I have disabled registrations - if folks want to join then they'll have to get in touch with me. I will be looking to appoint a couple of moderators in the short term too - and once the TVL reprint is resolved (by February) I will be handing the keys over to Terramax (if he still wants it) or someone else if need be.

Thanks for your patience and support folks.

Billybobbean, TheAtom, sean and 2 others like this.
  3. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Thanks Murphy, we appreciate that you've taken the time to address the issue, even though you're busy overseas. Thanks again for not giving up :)

4. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Does this mean the one place i use to get all my new trainers at a bargain price will soon be over ? Bugger , Primark it is. What size are you Dojodan ? :) :D

ps who's been bumping and pushing up the normal threads most days .....;) :)

pps who deleted my secret Santa thread ?? As someone has with access before Murphy popped back ?

TheAtom and DojoDan like this.
  5. TheAtom

Oh man! ninty72 's spam wasn't just spam, it was counterspam!

Wait, secret santa thread's gone?? Noooo...

DojoDan likes this.
  6. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Good to have it all back to normal :D

7. alf

alf Active Member

Yeah, but it's still a temporary solution & what's worse - new members aren't allowed to register. That's pretty bad, since as we can see there are still new fishes to catch. The best example is Miroku . He is the newest member (registrated about week or two ago) and he charms us with more & more Vita love <3

Murphy:
    1. Please appoint mods as soon as possible.
    2. Please visit here from time to time to check if everything's alright.

Miroku and TheAtom like this.
  8. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

I've already put my hand up for moderator.

zodaex likes this.
  9. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    Right, so that's 8000+ spam posts removed. There still may be dormant bots that will be active that slipped through the net, but it should be much easier to catch them now.

I will check in daily to make sure everything is ok and I can be caught on Twitter via @PMurphy1978 if I need alerting. I've also fiddled with Terramax's settings again so hopefully he will make an appearance.

I've also messed around with settings, so if stuff doesn't work then let me know but what I've done is:
    • Changed registered users so that they cannot post threads directly
    • Once registered members have made 5 posts and gain one like they *should* become verified users, and can then post freely. This should stop spam bots. As long as you all don't "like" their posts. ;)
    • Once moderators are appointed, registrations will be reopened. Then mods can deal with any spam posts.
    • The spam filter (behind the scenes mod stuff) has been changed so that up to 500 posts can be removed at once.
    As for the secret Santa thread: It's highly probably that in my removal of 8000 threads I may have accidentally and irretrievably deleted it; I was quite careful when doing it because current and quality threads were intermixed with the shit, but I was block deleting threads 25 or so at a time. Over the course of 5 hours on this, the most probably conclusion is that I removed it. I can only apologise.

1. I will. Literally said that a few posts above. :)
    2. I will, and I did come as soon as I could...

Miroku, DojoDan, TheAtom and 2 others like this.
  10. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    It's fine Murphy, you've worked so hard and there is no need to sweat the small stuff we all appreciate what you did!

I'd also like to volunteer as mod should you have any positions left once you've made your decision. :)

DojoDan, TheAtom and SONY like this.
  11. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

*throws hat in the up for being a mod pile*

zodaex and DojoDan like this.
  12. TheAtom

Whoa!! Thanks so much for the dedication, Murphy ! I've been on a few forums that went down thanks to inactive mods/owners and it's great to see that, despite being inactive, you spent a good amount of time trying to keep us up and going! Greatly appreciated!

DojoDan, Murphy and SONY like this.
  13. Miroku

Miroku Member

Whoa nice, this is great news! Thanks for taking the time to delete all that mess. It was insane!

alf Awh....Thanks buddy! :D