Site is Going Unmoderated Right Now

Discussion in 'Rules, Announcements, Feedback, & Competitions!' started by Terramax, Sep 16, 2018.

1. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I'll never understand why he didn't roll TVL and Switch Player into one site. Starting that new forum tore us apart in some ways. Fortunately we've got a well-maintained Discord now to hold us together again.

2. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    We did ask loosely as we were exploring it and the overwhelming reaction was to not.

I’ve seen many sites do that and I felt it disrespectful to the audience here to just transition to Switch coverage.

Plus, was I supposed to rebrand Vitamag into Switch Player? I knew two magazines would be unsustainable over time.

Once the Vitamag Kickstarter is finished I will talk with terramax about transferring TVL. Both sites are interconnected on one host, so hosting will be needed for TVL.

I’m sorry I haven’t been around - long story, mental health not great. I’ll open registrations if that’s what is wanted but you’ll need mods to remove any shit or spam.

I get people’s disappointment not only over the vita but of this place, and I thank every single one of you that has been pet of this small community for your efforts to sustain it but I do feel somewhat personally attacked over how things have happened. I haven’t made much effort in the last couple of years, but I’ve also lost about £3000 over 7 years running a silly little fan site. For others to enjoy.

sagadego16, PixelKnot and Linkx41 like this.
  3. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Thanks for the good response, and I after hearing your explanation I totally understand why you didn't roll the two sites together into one. Makes perfect since to me now that i've got the context to understand the decision. We love you here Murphy, and i'm pretty sure most of us here want you to take care of yourself first above other less important stuff like volunteering your time to work on a fan site for free. From what i've seen, most backlash came from the time when you started to become inactive here, so you sent out that global private message to everyone saying that you would appoint new mods (plural) soon but then didn't. To your credit, you did eventually Mod Terramax, but when you said you would appoint a new Mod, everybody assumed that meant that it meant a new a Mod with the power to ban spam bots, and allow new members into our community filling the role Kyle used to run. Afterall, as a Mod, what exactly is it that Terramax can do, that anyone else can't? I apologies if I missed something there, but that's what i'm seeing. After all if a forum is not allowed to grow, it will slowly die. That disturbed us big fans of this fine community that you made very much. Half of my online friends are on here! :) Please take care of yourself Murphy, and please know the vast majority of us are truly on your side and are so very grateful for bringing us together and even making this all possible in the first place!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019