Site Update (Made Contact With Murphy)

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Terramax, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Hey guys,

I've removed the previous thread regarding contacting Murphy as it appears things went a bit off track...

Well, I've managed to touch down with him and clear up that the issue with the captchas, disallowing new members to join, is due to a lack of an update.

This update costs money and, understandably, Murphy is still debating whether to pay for it considering he's preoccupied with other aspects of life and doesn't linger around here anymore. I've yet to get confirmation with him as to how much this update costs and if it's something I can afford to do anything about.

In the meantime, as a small step forward, I've been made a moderator. Not much for me to do right now as the main problem it seems is the inability to create new accounts to get this community active again, but I'll keep you updated as to if and when things can improve.

shirokuro, TheAtom, DankZaku and 5 others like this.
  2. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Awesome, i'd be happy to chip a little to the cost of the update if needed!

DankZaku and DojoDan like this.
  3. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

coachjjs75 likes this.
  5. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

I'd drop the ban hammer on that Terra max all he does is spam threads trying to find his long lost love Murphy ...just saying ;):D.

DankZaku, Terramax and zodaex like this.
  6. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

He's doing a cracking job.

7. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Congrats on your new position man, lead us well! :)
    At least now we have someone with some kind of authority here. We're making headway slowly but surely.

Terramax likes this.
  8. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Ditto on this.

9. geralds

geralds Member

If he doesnt care why would much get done its just a temp fix if anything as time goes on hes just gonna neglect it more and more . If he truely to busy or doesnt care i think he should pass the torch on to someone ells who care more/has the time.

10. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

You don't have to pay a penny on the (new) vitalounge. Free to join, never ask you for a penny. No of this fannying around with site updates.

http://vitalounge.freeforums.net/

In fact i've just set up a daily bargains thread (the moneysavingexpert.com thread), might save you a tidy penny. Think about it.

But if you want to spend all hard earned cash on this place instead of putting to better use and blowing in on prostitutes or something, that's your business.

Don't forget to check out the funny youtube on the Off Topic Section, todays video ISIS IDIOTS with guns.

And of course theres a new VITA Babe everyday.

11. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Awesome! I would be okay with chipping in a little as well. If we could set something up to get that paid, it'd be great.

12. Limbofunk

Limbofunk Member

Hey hey, I just wanted to say....thanks for the effort to allow some new folks to join the forum. It's greatly appreciated!

DojoDan, TheAtom and Terramax like this.
  13. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

As an update guys: right now, captchas have been disabled for the time being, allowing new members to enter, but this does also mean spam bots will likely be around from time to time. Other things are happening behind the scenes. I'll keep you updated as other events unfold.

DojoDan likes this.
  14. TheAtom

Hooray for Terramax ! Hooray for new people!

Let's bring the life in Vita back! XD

DojoDan and Terramax like this.
  15. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

"but this does also mean spam bots will likely be around fromtime to time."

Yeah... About that... *Looks at forum threads*

16. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

407 new posts from Spam Bots... I think you need to turn Captcha back on for now...

17. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

lol yeah that's hardly going to be encouraging new genuine users in

18. TheAtom

Yep. Is there any way we can get new people to send an email, we briefly turn it off, they register, and we turn it on again?

I was also thinking, btw, at some point they will run out of English language universities to make threads about, right?

DojoDan likes this.
  19. thumbstickss

thumbstickss New Member

Cheers for your hard work. Wow!! I just got a lounge trophy lol

Terramax likes this.
  20. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Y... yeah. That reminds me, what was the update on the Vita magazine kickstarter?

21. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

UPDATE: Murphy has made alterations to the forum, requiring verifications to be made in order to get into accounts, which is another barrier for spam bots.

I've also been changed to admin, allowing me to ban spam bots, etc. Hopefully we'll get things back on track soon.

In the meantime, can people please use the report button when they see a new spam bot arrive. Many thanks.

22. ninty72

I will ask on here for all the public to see as I'm not one for hiding stuff , why was my thread deleted, dojo dan and me were having some banter regarding cheap trainers, mail order girlfriends and fred perry tops while all the spam was going off and now it's gone .....a message to say why beforehand would be nice .....as spiderman would say with great power comes great responsibility.

Oh, the spam has got into the adverts now if you havnt noticed.

:)

23. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    Thought I'd better fly in here and make an appearance, and also to thank Terramax for his efforts in sustaining this community.

It's no secret that I've lost my love for the little system that could, truth be told I have so little time for even the Switch these days, let alone running a site for it, magazine and all that other jazz. I'm also incredibly busy in real life and have so much on that I'm amazed I haven't already cracked.

Whilst my own dedicated here has wained, the love and passion you all have for the platform is incredible and I don't want to see it all go to waste, so I've effectively passed the baton on here to Terramax. Please approach him with any needs, ideas and suggestions.

For the time being I will continue to fund TVL, so don't worry about it going anywhere, but if you do want to see improvements, then perhaps that's a conversation to be had, probably with Terramax, really.

Thanks to all of you for your continued support, and if you want to help sustain or grow this little community, maybe Terramax is looking for some folks to help him :)

DankZaku, shirokuro, Lukey52 and 3 others like this.
  24. ninty72

Thanks for starting the big adventure :)

25. geralds

geralds Member

While this is great and all it is a step in the right direction. I feel its only a temp fix. I feel you will eventually just need to pass ownership or the site will die. What happens when terramax moves on. No amount of funding will help if ownership isnt passed on to someone who will maintain and give the site needed updates and support. If that dont happen then its time to just accept the vita is dieing and we need to move one like everyone else. The vita is died and sony is once and stop supporting it with physical and the eventual death of digital support where do we go from there. There is only so much vita even the diehard fans can talk about before we end up repeating ourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.