So when's Sony gonna let us set premium avatars?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Bacockarock, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Bacockarock

Bacockarock Member

I noticed pre-ordering Lost Dimension at Gamestop includes free PSN avatars and it reminded me how we still can't use premium avatars on PSVita. My PS3 broke recently so I'm stuck with Ibuki Mioda as my avatar; I don't mind being stuck with Ibuki Mioda, she's mah gurl, but I would like to use K/Kochin/Marie Rose/Katsuragi at some point.

2. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

I would be willing to bet real life money on it not happening ever at this point, sadly. Feels like something that should be easy to implement but Sony hasn't done it 3½ years post-launch. Your gurl is now your waifu, for laifu.

Flying_Pig and STChocoEX like this.
  3. Bacockarock

Bacockarock Member

I think PS4 doesn't support premium avatars either, do you think that system will get it at some point?

4. STChocoEX

STChocoEX Member

Words stolen right from my mouth.

It is far more likely this will be added on the PS4 unlike the Vita.

5. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

The PS4 is frequently getting new functionality added through firmwares so I wouldn't be surprised if premium avatars are added for that console. It's hard to predict though and it probably isn't a priority.

It should also be incredibly easy for Sony to get around this issue by allowing us to change avatars using a normal internet browser. It's kind of puzzling why we can't tbh.

psn_Witcher likes this.
  6. psn_Witcher

psn_Witcher Active Member

Feels like this is something that could/should be addressed. I'm sure that Sony will address it sooner rather than later, but I agree with Goro, it is a bit puzzling as to why it is taking so long.

7. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Good things come to those who wait.

8. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Except if your waiting for actually requested OS updates for any Playstation platform, then your screwed.

9. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

For example?

10. Billybobbean

There have been a number of things users have been requesting for some time, besides the one this thread is based around.

For PS4 people have been asking for stuff like folders, ability to remove apps they'll never use, setting their own wallpapers, creating their own themes and all manner of other things since the console came out nigh on 2 years ago. Sony have seemingly ignored all those requests and instead focused on what they want to add to the console which so far has been primarily social and streaming rubbish that the vast majority of people have zero interest in. Don't even get me started on all the extra features and improvements the Vita crowd wants and needs

11. Jerico

Jerico New Member

I hope they implement it sooner or later, in a firmware update or something. It's surprising how it hasn't been installed since the first launch. I'm willing to wait but, it's taking too long honestly. If not, Sony should just let us know instead of keeping us in the dark, or better yet, surprise us with something new and useful.

12. Billybobbean

If we get anything more significant than "stability improvements" from here on out I'd be very surprised honestly.

If the PS4 hasn't got it I think it's safe to assume we won't be seeing it anytime soon.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  13. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Meh, they don't owe us anything.

14. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

Only took about two years for PS4 owners to get this feature:
    661671705492873216 is not a valid tweet id

I'm guessing we won't get the feature at all but hey, now we can at least Remote Play the process of changing to premium avatars. That's the way we Vita owners like it I've heard in various Sony statements.

Jawessome likes this.
  15. AceofOpus

AceofOpus Member

I'm still miffed a dedicated App for Youtube was shut down. I used it so damn much.

_:_PuppyShark_:_ likes this.
  16. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was smoother than the Android version. I used it all the time as well.

_:_PuppyShark_:_ likes this.