So who here has gotten their name into a Vita game's credits

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by zodaex, Sep 21, 2017.

1. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I watched the credits for both Skullgirls and Plague Road on the Vita, and was amazed at how many people's names and handles that I recognized. This has always kind of been a dream of mine. That is, to be forever immortalized in some way onto a physical video game cartridge. Part of me really wanted to back Plague Road, but I couldn't bring myself to because of how many announced and even confirmed Vita games were never materializing. The whole nasty Mighty #9 kickstarter thing happened (I still don't think it's out on Vita and 3DS yet) but also I kickstarted Bloodstained for a whopping $60 dollars and it just keeps getting pushed back and pushed back and delayed and now they are even saying they are going to outsource the Vita port (after I paid them). I watched the credits to Plague Road just the other night and I was a bit bummed to see that if I had kickstarted it then i'd have my name in a Physical Vita game already. Grr haha. It got me wondering though, how many people here have already gotten their name in the credits of a Vita game, or any game before?

Mr Tornado likes this.
  2. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

I remember the Shennue 3 Kickstarter was offering a credit to those who pledged some dough. Could never bring myself to do it though for any game in case they got canned

3. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

I wonder if i'm on the plagueroad one.... is there a way to view credits without completing it? That game is really bad lol

4. zodaex

Yes there is. The credits are unlocked from the get-go.

5. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    I have yet to back any projects, although I was heavily considering Bloodstained.

6. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

7. 2048Dan

2048Dan Well-Known Member

Just checked, yes, my irl name is in Plague Road! :cool:

I have gotten into the credits for a bunch of old PC games as well. I used to find it entertaining to beta test strategy games for small developers.

zodaex likes this.
  8. zodaex

Dojodan and I are gonna be famous once Bloodstained releases with both our names in the credits Muahahaha!!

Sundance and DojoDan like this.
  9. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Just noticed this thread (sorry zodaex!) & had a look at the Plague Road credits & BAM!! there's my full name. I wouldn't have thought of looking if it wasn't for your thread. So, thanks. :)

I've also backed Muv Luv & Bloodstained so I guess my name will be in those credits when those games get released.

zodaex and DojoDan like this.
  10. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

:D
    I should check the Plague Road credits in the future.

zodaex likes this.
  11. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I didn't even consider being in the credits for Bloodstained! Nice suprise :) Well, now we're all officially accredited famous people, I think we should be getting our own VIP area ;)

zodaex likes this.
  12. Sundance

Sundance Well-Known Member

I'll be there with you

zodaex likes this.
  13. sean

sean Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder. Watched plague road credits to see my name. Too funny, seeing your name at the end of game.

zodaex likes this.
  14. zodaex

With the recent cancellation of Bloodstained now i'll never see my dream through of being in a Vita game's credits. :(

15. masofdas

masofdas Member

I don't think I'm in any VITA games but I am in Alice Dreams Tournament, Yooka-Laylee even after I got a refund when Wii U version was canned, Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs, Shenmue III, Melancholy Republic, The Song of Seven: Chapter One and one book PlayStation Anthology.

zodaex likes this.
  16. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

I may be in the Plague Road backer credits, not sure as there is allegedly a glitch in the coding that cut-off all the names after I think the letter "N"? I really should check on that. Maybe in Skullgirls: 2nd Encore, not checked that one either. Should be in the upcoming Sharin no Kuni (Vita). And may also be in Libra of the Vampire Princess (PC), again not checked.

zodaex likes this.