Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by Nonscpo, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Nonscpo

Nonscpo Well-Known Member

Trigger Warnings: This thread contains spoilers, so read at your own risk.

This thread is for all discussions regarding the recent Star Wars movie that came out, feel free to post any questions, concerns, and thoughts on this movie and the future of this franchise. As a reminder this is spoiler zone, all things go, so read at your own risk.

2. Nonscpo

Nonscpo Well-Known Member

So HISHE put out there How Star Wars Episode VII should have ended, obviously there will be spoilers:

P.S. In my opinion the movie had some series faults.

Murphy likes this.
  3. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    I did chuckle.

Personally I thought that it either should have ended:

When Rey and Chewie fly off in the Falcon, without the need to find Luke, or instead of the Rey "force" stuff, when the Saber flew through the air it was to Luke.

4. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

So up until yesterday, I had not seen any of the Disney Star Wars mutilations. But, last week I found a Blu-Ray + DVD copy of The Force Awakens at a local used media store. And this was a bit telling as they had a stack of pre-owned copies of this at $5.00 a copy. So I figured, well, why not.

Like many, I've seen the review videos by both highly regarded fans and lesser knows of the Lucas-era franchise warning that this movie sucks harder than a Kirby Vacuum. And I can now attest, the movie is even worse than I had expected it to be!

Not only was Rei a "Mary Sue", but so was Fin! In fact Fin has a contradiction in his backstory in the story itself. This movie was bad, seriously just bad.