Summon Night 5 & Class of Heroes 3 coming to the West (Both PSP)

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Mr Tornado, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

So I read somewhere that SN5 has similarities to the wonderful Jeanne d'Arc. Is that a fair comparison?

2. Mamono Man

Mamono Man Active Member

Yeah the greeting and battle voices are a very welcome addition. I stayed up way too late playing the game last night. >_<

The night talks are a nice addition. The game did good adding meaning to the battles and having some other fresh new options out side and inside of battles.

I can't decide if I like the All Enemy and All Ally turn rounds, or having speeds determine the turns. Just can't pick a favorite, they both have their positives and negatives.

It's a lot less serious storywise, but to be honest I don't remember Joan much (which I got bored with about half way through), been a very long time since I played it. Apart from both being TRPGs, I can't compare anything off the top of my head. I love fantasy settings that have angels and demons (fiends in this game's case) and otherworld settings so SN5 was a clear winner for me.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  3. comeoutpunching

comeoutpunching Well-Known Member

The academy camaraderie and non-SD models remind me of Valkyrie Chronicles 2 but of course the battle system is different. I would put its quality and fun in the range of SRPG PSP stalwarts like Jeanne D'Arc and Gungnir but their vibes are each unique.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  4. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

So finally, Gaijinworks has gotten in contact to say that they have the final UMDs and are only a few weeks away from actual delivery. :)

According to the email, they already had a set of UMDs but there were some bugs in the original version - something about an acquire skill bug and text issues - so they had them destroyed. And then made a brand new set with the update on the disc!

To anyone who has changed address since their original order, get in contact with them ASAP.

Hopefully the Class of Heroes 3 sale goes a bit smoother, eh? :D

5. Rat King 64

Rat King 64 Well-Known Member

I am sure that Victor Ireland will be thrilled when this project is 100% done. They had a rough go getting the game through Sony QA and then found the bug afterward. Not an ideal way to roll out a game. Hopefully it will not turn them off of doing more PSP games.

6. Mamono Man

Mamono Man Active Member

Okay so apparently there was an update to SN5? It said to re download but I still have the same version. Do we lose our saves if we completely delete and re download? I'm really hesitant to do that..

Still hoping they add the rest of the voice tracks, I'm VERY annoyed after hearing that we got screwed on those tracks. I never knew about that when I preordered the freakin thing, I feel cheated.

7. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Via Twitter...

@VideoGamesPlus_ At long last Summon Night 5 Physical Limited Edition PSP Copies will be arriving next week.

8. Ficta_Scriptor

YES YES YES YES! Finally! :D

9. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

So I see on Twitter some people have already gotten theirs. Did any one receive a shipping email?

10. Mamono Man

Mamono Man Active Member

I just got my box yesterday. It came out of no where.

DankZaku likes this.
  11. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Got my shipping email plus code from VG+ this afternoon.

DankZaku likes this.
  12. DankZaku

Did you order straight from Vic or from a website like VG+ that Tornado used? I registered to the forum (have to wait for approval?) before I can ask a question about it. Thought I was already registered, but I guess not. I just didn't want to jump the gun if no shipping emails were sent out lol. Thanks for the replies

13. Mamono Man

Mamono Man Active Member

I ordered it from Amazon gaijinworks (with an order number) and got a receipt about the order being shipped back in August 2015, but didn't receive it till 2 days ago. I did get a DOWNLOAD code in December however.

Now, if anyone could explain how to update the game to the new bug-free version to me, I'd be grateful. >_<

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  14. Ficta_Scriptor

I ordered direct from gaijinworks and haven't received a shipping email... Getting a little worried... :confused:

15. DankZaku

Yeah I came home to find mine delivered yesterday. No shipping email though so don't worry. The shipping box was awesome! I've never seen anything like it. I didn't post pics as not to spoil it for those who haven't seen it.

They both should be updated already. The physical one was delayed in order to fix the bug. They had to order a new batch of UMD's once they found the bug and fixed it, digital was then updated on PSN. The digital copy which I've been playing doesn't have the bug. If anything, you may need to delete and re-download the game.

16. Mamono Man

Mamono Man Active Member

That shipping box really freaked out my father. Wish I could of recorded his reaction.

17. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Starting to get the feeling I'm gonna have to chase them up about my order, really don't want to miss out on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Ficta_Scriptor

Okay, still waiting for my copy. I live in a block of flats so I'm really worried about not receiving it. If anyone else who lives in the UK could let me know if they have theirs, that might just put my mind at rest. A little. Maybe.

And still no confirmation email.

19. Mamono Man

Mamono Man Active Member

This is just a theory, but I notice in the past that UK people seem to unfortunately be about a month late on receiving games.

20. jmontero

jmontero Well-Known Member

I have not receive a confirmation email with the tracking number or something like that. I live in Spain, hope I get the game soon

21. Mamono Man

Mamono Man Active Member

Oh okay, no idea then. I never did a tracker number myself though.

22. Ficta_Scriptor

I've just sent a message to Gaijinwork's site admin about my order. I'm getting really anxious at this point as I do not want to be chasing up my parcel! I want the game in my hands! My PSP yearns for it! :(

23. Mamono Man

Mamono Man Active Member

Sorry to hear man I hope they help soon!

24. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Ok I'm in Newcastle UK and just received my SN5 today. Had no dispatch or any notification to say it had been sent but it's here now [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Ficta_Scriptor

No parcel, no email reply. :(

Do you know which delivery service was used for yours? Royal Mail? Or some other courier? I tend to have the best experience with RM and DPD, so just curious.