Tales Of The Epic Game Find

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by KaiserFoxHD, Feb 22, 2018.

1. KaiserFoxHD

KaiserFoxHD Gaming's not an addiction, It's a lifestyle

So I'm sure all of us has really cool stories about games we've found in the wild, and I know I'm not the only one. I have a habit of finding games and having short stories attached to those finds.

It's 8:10pm I'm driving with a buddy of mine to a Gamestop in another City. The game I'm looking for is Tokyo Xanadu, Brand New, on the Vita. My buddy and I arrived at the Gamestop at 8:30, first thing I do is head straight for the Vita section and I'm greeted by an employee named Karen. As I'm looking through the shovelware, I don't spot the case. Karen asks me if I'm looking for anything in particular, I tell her, and she looks it up in the computer and indeed they do have a copy but she can't find it... Then ... .... She says let me check the " EMPLOYEE HOLD TRAY".... there the game lies still wrapped in plastic. Oh i'm so sorry it's on hold for someone, she replies. But I'll sell to you anyway it's been in here for I don't know how long... Bless your heart Karen you were the Collectors BAMF of the night.

TheAtom, Pata, DojoDan and 2 others like this.
  2. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

Finding a new copy of Tokyo Xanadu in the wild? That's like the odds of finding a freaking diamond haha. I've never once bought a Vita game locally. Early on in the first 6 months of having my system I spotted a copy of Vita Minecraft at my closest Wal-Mart store and got very excited because I actually really wanted the game bad and it was only 10 dollars. However upon waiting for a Wal-mart employee to come open the glass case for me to grab the game, I noticed on the packaging that a physical game wasn't included. It was a dumb cd-key in a box sort of release so I changed my and wandered outta there.

KaiserFoxHD likes this.
  3. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Spent 3 years looking for a copy of Ultimate Marvel versus Capcom 3. Found 2 copies last year in a shady stall in a mall in my country. I bet they didn't know how valuable that game is because the price wasn't that high.

KaiserFoxHD, TheAtom and DojoDan like this.
  4. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

The only store within 60 miles of me is CEX and they have 99 percent garbage most of the time. When they get something good they charge an arm and a friggin leg too

KaiserFoxHD likes this.
  5. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

For the Vita I think it has to be History: Legends of War. I had quite a long phase of checking local stores every week for Wii games when I was collecting it. This started quite a while before I started on the Vita but the two periods over lapped. Wii games back then were cheap and high street stores were way behind collector values back then for the Wii (not so much now). While I was scoping Game I found Legends of War cib for £19.99. That was definitely my most enjoyable Vita find. I do like to find games when you least expect it, definitely brightens the day up.

My other best was Class of Heroes, Hexyz Force, Crimson Gem Saga and about 8 more crazy PSP games in a charity shop along with equally crazy PS2 titles. Must of been part of someones collection.

A friend of mine saw a buy it now on eBay for a Megadrive and 80 games for 80 quid. Crap picture so he went around and they were like the top 80 games all cib. Still pig sick jealous of him!

KaiserFoxHD likes this.
  6. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

CeX really getting into older games has been the worst thing to happen to retro collecting in a long time. Deals were already incredibly rare near me but doubly more so now as now all CeXs proudly display old games for silly money.

Best two deals I've found was Team Buddies for PS1 in a charity shop bin for 50p which goes for........well last time I looked, around £40 but now apparently its been driven up to the £70 range. Probably going to sell that soon since I need money for re-decorating my living room.

Second was Gunstar Heroes for a fiver with a lot of some other megadrive games, randomly went on gumtree and some guy round the corner was selling a few and I spotted that at the bottom of the pile. That's a £50-70 game, probably gonna shift that soon too for the same reasons.

KaiserFoxHD and DojoDan like this.
  7. KaiserFoxHD

I was actually shocked that there was a factory sealed Vita game at Gamestop, to be honest I was pretty sure the Tokyo Xanadu was going to be gutted, casue don't they usually open a new copy when they only have one?

8. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

One of my craziest stories was when I was game hunting in Japan with my girlfriend. I was in a store in Den Den Town that had a shelf that had a sign with the "Zero rating" logo on top of it. I approached it out of curiosity (zero rating games in Japan are games for adults, with lots of blood, etc. etc.) and what I find? next to it is a small import section that had.... Supremacy MMA for the Vita!!! complete with insert, in excellent condition. Paid around 30 eur for it. My game hunting stories in Japan are several, but who would have told me that I would find that super rare & expensive NA game in Japan???

KaiserFoxHD and DojoDan like this.
  9. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

How odd! I ended up getting the Canadian version for about that price on eBay.

10. KaiserFoxHD

Do you still frequent japan every now and then to find games?