The Lost Child announced for PS4, Vita from El Shaddai devs

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Kresnik, May 23, 2017.

1. Kresnik

Kresnik TVL Guest Reviewer

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/el-shaddai-director-announces-turn-based-rpg-lost-child-ps4-ps-vita

image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/The-Lost-Child-PS4-Vita-Ann_05-23-17-600x371.jpg

[​IMG]

The next game from Takeyasu Sawaki, the director and character designer of El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, is The Lost Child, a turn-based RPG with command-style battles due out this summer for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in Japan, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. It is published by Kadokawa Games.

The Lost Child is based on the world that is the mythical concept of El Shaddai. Lucifel (voiced by Ryota Takeuchi), who appeared in El Shaddai, will also appear in The Lost Child. The game is set amidst a conflict of demons in modern day Japan.

Watch the teaser trailer below. Visit the teaser website here.

Thanks, Famitsu and Ryokutya2089.

Update 8:40 a.m.: More information has come in.

Story

Magazine writer Hayato Ibuki was chasing the story of the suicide a person who jumped in front of a train in Shinjuku Station. In the middle of his pursuit, he falls onto the platform as if he was pushed by a mysterious black shadow. A mysterious, beautiful woman named Barcia (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro) saves him by the skin of his teeth, and hands him a suitcase. It was a Pandora’s Box that should not have been be opened. Inside was the “Demon Gun Gangour,” a tool that can capture and enslave demons and fallen angels. Using this ability, Hayato successfully took on his own demon subordinates. Together with a woman named Rua (voiced by Rikako Yamaguchi), who calls herself an angel, Hayato will pursue the mysteries that occur in various places and find the beautiful woman who gave him the suitcase.

Tidbits

• The story is connected to El Shaddai.
    • Enemies are villainous creatures called “Astrals.” There are several types of them.
    • During adventure parts, you’ll gather information and collect data from various places, then head into the dungeon where the Astrals await.
    • You can capture and enslave demon, angel, fallen angel, etc. Astrals as allies.
    • Development is 90 percent complete.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/05/el-shadd...pg-lost-child-ps4-ps-vita#sIlFY0vgfP6c8P3P.99

AllHasRed likes this.
  2. Kresnik

Kresnik TVL Guest Reviewer

3. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

Still heartbroken hearing digital only.

4. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

Tweeg likes this.
  5. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

Hopefully VG+ gets some in stock as well, I want this! :)

6. Vita VR Ps4

Vita VR Ps4 New Member

Pre Ordered mine today!

7. alf

alf Active Member

I heard that alongside The Lost Child, NIS is going to also release physically: Penny Punching Princess & The Longest Five Minutes. People say expect it on March 2019.
    https://gematsu.com/2018/11/the-los...ditions-launch-march-19-2019-in-north-america

My personal opinion:
    These games are a meh for me. I had high hopes for The Lost Child, but the game overall received average reviews & from my friend's opinion i can tell it's pretty blank and boring. Not worth it, unless you are a collector and really want to put the physical copy on your shelf.

8. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

alf Penny Punching Princess and The Longest Five Minutes seemed like really fun games to me, though. Heard much about those?

9. alf

alf Active Member

Yeah, Penny Punching Princess received quite good reviews, but this game seems to me more like an indie type due to its simplicity. So will pass on that too. :p

TheAtom likes this.
  10. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Really great news! So will these games be available as standard retail that we can buy at Gamestop etc? Or is it online only through NIS?

11. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

All sold out now at NISA & despite thousands (well, half a dozen) tweets asking if Europe is going to get it, NISA Europe haven't replied to any of them...

12. shirokuro

shirokuro Well-Known Member

I wanted to wait for a EU copy at first since most of my games are from EU, but preordered the LE just to be safe.

13. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Oh, didn't you hear? Hell froze over and the prinnies got back in control, and they are very hungry for all the coins our patronage represents.

14. Mr Tornado

Should this happen, could any kind US person please, please if at all possible, preorder me a copy? Many thanks!

15. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

The Lost Child will have a standard edition as well right?

16. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Yes :)

17. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

Thanks! I was already stressing :D

zodaex and ninty72 like this.
  18. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I second Mr Tornado 's request! If the games end up being limited to NA, I'd really appreciate it if someone could pre order some for me! I'll paypal the money in advance!

Mr Tornado likes this.
  19. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I'll check in here before I order the standard edition when it becomes available, just in case anyone else needs me to order extras.

TheAtom and Mr Tornado like this.
  20. Mr Tornado

You're a star. :)

If the LE becomes available would you be okay to place an order for me please? I've checked their faq & they only charge when they ship, but they do say "When you first place your order, we take an authorization for the full amount of your order. An authorization will hold funds aside in your bank account to see if the form of payment you listed is valid, and does not represent the final charge for your order. Although we do not take any funds from you at this time, the authorization will hold the funds aside and they will be unavailable until the authorization expires. For credit cards, it typically expires 6-10 business days after it is placed."

Would that create a problem for you?

zodaex likes this.
  21. zodaex

Sure if they make more L.E.s available I could easily get you one of those. I wish I had known that you wanted it because I had visited that game's sale page several times while it was still in stock just to watch the stock level dwindle away. I'll keep you updated!

shirokuro and Mr Tornado like this.
  22. Mr Tornado

Thanks! :) Rovest has also offered to help, so many thanks to both of you. :)

I guess that at the time it went on sale, I kind of thought that Europe would get it as well, so no need to panic. However, Nisa Europe hasn't mentioned a thing about it, so it's not looking good.

23. zodaex

It's available again. Whoever wants one just paypal $50 to zodaex@gmail.com and I'll immediately order you one! I typically pay via PayPal so I get charged instantly.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Mr Tornado likes this.
  24. zodaex

Time's up, they're all sold out.

25. Mr Tornado

DankZaku got me a copy! Cheers mate. :)

zodaex likes this.