Official Topic The PlayStation Plus Thread

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Kyle, Mar 9, 2014.

1. HyDrO84

HyDrO84 Active Member

I have been on the fence for a long time about getting plus because I never have a good net connection. I believe it is time I sign up for it and just add the games and then download them when I am home.

Murphy and Kyle like this.
  2. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

December's PS+ titles for EU (live on 3rd December)

Injustice: Gods Among Men (PS4)
    Secret Ponchos (PS4)
    Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut (PS3)
    Hitman Trilogy HD (PS3)
    Final Horizon (Vita)
    Titan Attacks (PS4/PS3/Vita)

3. JB_dk

JB_dk Member

Dammit. I just bought Titan attacks like 2 weeks ago. Oh well. Final horizon looks interesting. Not sure if I will download the ps3 games this time

4. Karl Smith

Karl Smith #supersmith2500

PSN ID:
    supersmith2500
    Hmm, seems a weak selection for the Vita. What Sony needs to do is get some good games on there not just indies.

5. ReDiR

ReDiR Member

I'm very happy with Plus games, Deadly Premonition seems like a type of game I'll like, also was planning to buy Hitman Trilogy for a year and now I'm so happy to get it from plus.
    Vita games looks nowhere as good as PS3 but there is a lack of Tower defence games on Vita and I liked Titan Attacks on PC.
    Don't have PS4, but games are really solid there too.

6. xtemma

xtemma Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    NA: XtemmA2 / Asian: XtemmA
    At this rate, indies will get fewer day 1 buyers.

7. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    The thing is, you can't please everyone every month. There have been some great games and non-Indies on Vita's IGC this year.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  8. Yaster

Yaster Well-Known Member

Also, Sony can't just chuck whatever game they feel onto IGC and so far the have pretty much managed to avoid repeating themselves with titles that we've already been given.

They need to work it out with publishers and property holders if they're going to give things away for free.

Naturally, indie developers self publish and own the rights to their own games so there are less hoops to jump through. Plus giving something away for free in order to maximise your brand reach is totally within the "indie" ideal.

Murphy likes this.
  9. Eni

Eni Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    CommonComitatus
    That's my concern too. I was all set to support, for example, Pix The Cat, with a day-one purchase, but going out on PS+ meant I got it for free. And while I'm ridiculously stoked about that, I still feel bad that I didn't get the chance to support them like I'd planned.

xtemma likes this.
  10. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

Question: Is it true that once game got pushed into the list it will be there (in the online list) forever (for PS+)? Or I can only see the game of this month? I'm very new to this.

And I know that when I get that it will stay in my list forever and playable until my PS+ is gone.

11. Hunnbee

Hunnbee Member

I've been in and out of PS+ since it started. It's pretty nice. :)

12. Eni

Eni Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    CommonComitatus
    Been wondering about that -- I've been thinking of letting my subscription drop out when it's next up for renewal, and coming back to it the next time there's a tempting month of freebies. I've got about six months' worth thus far, and I know I lose them if I drop my Plus, but do I get them all back if I sign back up a few months down the line?

Also, do offline backups of PS+ games (on computer, for example) also become unusable? No point keeping them if they are...

13. Kyle

Kyle Editor-in-Chief Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Plus is a subscription service that never forgets; if you sign up for plus, tag a game, get rid of plus, get back plus, and download that game again it'll still be free because you tagged it while it was free last time you had plus - that's how this works.

As for offline backups of Plus games, it's just like the game would behave on your system - they work as long as you have Plus. If you lose plus, you won't be able to use them - but if you get it back again the backups would once again be usable.

VietLe and Eni like this.
  14. Eni

Eni Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    CommonComitatus
    Thanks for the info', and for putting it so clearly -- clears up a bunch of things that were confusing me.

15. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Nope - they're only available to claim for a month (or thereabouts). If you miss it, they're gone, never likely to return.

16. Yaster

Yaster Well-Known Member

also your saves games are only kept in online storage for a limited amount of time while your account is back to normal.

Its mentioned in the terms of service, I think its 6 months

VietLe and Murphy like this.
  17. NiccalsNefarious

NiccalsNefarious Active Member

On the Vita side, this month we're getting The Swapper, Duke Nukem 3D and Woah Dave.

Pretty good month. PS3 entries are also interesting, so is inFamous prequel. It might be the first time ever I'm interested in all 6 games

Murphy likes this.
  18. DSveno

DSveno Active Member

I have never complained about IGC. Usually I'm in for occasionally good games they offered and the PS+ deal. Recently the NA deals became worse and worse, though.

19. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I've already got the Swapper (one of the best games I played this year) but I'm glad more people will get the chance to play it. I'm quite looking forward to Duke 3D, I loved the PC version and hopefully the Vita version will be an excellent port.

Murphy likes this.
  20. nampad

nampad Member

I was happy with this months offer until I read that Germany won't get Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition. It is a fucking joke, I have waited months for its release and now I don't get to play it?

There is no excuse. The game has been rated for Germany and is available on Steam. You can only buy stuff from the PSN store when you are an adult in Germany.
    It was even uploaded to the German store when the PSN team did a mistake. Of course, I missed the chance back then.

21. Alpasar

Alpasar Member

Except Swapper, do the other games for psvita worth?

22. NiccalsNefarious

That sucks :/ is it official?

Well Duke Nukem 3D is a classic game. Never played it, but I've always heard great things about it. The remake should be very meaty, with new content, dual analog aiming and online multiplayer.

Woah Dave is a Super Crate Box lookalike by the former Gaijin games. I don't know how's the game itself, but both the developers and the conept are so good, so we can expect good things

23. MonoAudioStereo

MonoAudioStereo Member

I cant even remember when we got a solid game for PSV. I remember FEZ, but even before that there were months of crapiness. This months only DN 3D is a decent game, but I played it years ago on my PC...

24. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

Yep, it's official. Sony will give Gravity Crash Ultra as a freebie in Germany instead.

25. NiccalsNefarious

:/
    At least Gravity Crash is a good game

Velocity 2x, Pix The Cat, TxK, Steamworld Dig, Luftrausers & co. are all great games.

I'd say the only meh-ish games we got recently are Hungry Horde and Titan Attacks.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015