Official Topic The PlayStation Plus Thread

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Kyle, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I assume you're saying that those titles are excellent, because they are.

I really liked Titan Attacks, too

2. Flying_Pig

I think it's some German law which prevents titles like this being given away. It's the same thing which prevents some games being given away as competition prizes. SCEE would only exclude Duke Nukem from Germany if they had to.

3. NiccalsNefarious

NiccalsNefarious Active Member

That damn "all but" construction, I still have to understand that apparently it doesn't work as it does in my language lol

Yeah, those games are wonderful!

4. Flying_Pig

I think the closest we would use in English would be 'anything but' :)

NiccalsNefarious likes this.
  5. NiccalsNefarious

Ah, got it. Thanks! :D

6. MonoAudioStereo

MonoAudioStereo Member

I enjoyed only one of them - Steamworld Dig. I cant even imagine why did they put Pix The Cat, TxK ald Luftrausers when they feel like typical web browser games. Velocity was "meh" for me.

Dont get me wrong. I like indie games, but not all of them. Most of the indies that are put in the PS Plus are the one I hate. Why dont they put for example Rogue Legacy or Retrocity Rampage?

7. NiccalsNefarious

I don't get what this sentence means... do you mean that those games aren't polished? Or that the concept/realization is shallow? Because I found Pix The Cat to be incredibly polished and with ton of fun content among the multiple modes, while TxK is the perfect nextgen reintepretation of an old classic (Tempest). Luftrausers is visually pretty barebones but its gameplay is very finely tweaked.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  8. nampad

nampad Member

It isn't given away, I have to pay for the PS+ subscription. A PS+ subscription can only be legally bought at 18 in Germany. Same goes for anything in the PSN store (credit cards and PSN top up cards are both only available for adults).

Actually, Sony uses PS+ as an age gate for free 18+ demos in Germany from time to time. I wouldn't even complain that much about the game not being "free" on PS+. It is just that the game won't be released at all in Germany and I waited for months to play it on Vita. I want a new shooter on my Vita and the multiplayer sounds great.

The original game is still indexed in Germany, which is quite a joke because the content was considered offensive decades ago, which was already a joke back then. Today's content is much worse.
    Several other older games got taken down from the index but not the original Duke Nukem 3D.

So considering that, I would still understand why they can't offer it in Germany. The kicker is, the Megaton Edition is available on the German Steam for purchase. I already own it there and can easily buy more copies of it.
    So why is Steam different from the PSN? Typing of the Dead, which is also indexed in Germany, is not available on the German Steam so Steam has not some wildcard.

9. MonoAudioStereo

MonoAudioStereo Member

I played every of them. I dont mean they are not polished. I meant that gameplay is rather boring. Those 3 games are typical web browser games where you have to get as high score as possible. While I still can justify those games on smartphones, I cant stand them on PSV. When I bought PSV, PS Plus had greater games to offer. Now PS Plus feels like
    unfulfilled promise.

10. NiccalsNefarious

They're score-attack games. This does not relate at all with the platform(and even if it would, it would be the arcade), it's just a genre you don't like.
    By the way, Pix The Cat has two puzzle modes(Laboratory and Nostalgia) that aren't about score-attacking. Arcade mode is definitely the mode I've played the least; TxK isn't just about getting an highscore either.

11. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

Oh it seems that you don't like games that do not have some sort of progression/storyline right? I always have games like Luftrausers, Lumines in the Vita for a quick play sometimes. Because they are so easy to pick up and enormously fun, I always forget to play other games. And please don't say web browser games lol, that can really create such a silly impression of those games.

12. Flying_Pig

Titles are up for EU - except Infamous FL, which seems to have disappeared entirely!

13. Mateus

Mateus Active Member

Nice month for me! I liked all the games that I take on Vita.

14. Eni

Eni Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    CommonComitatus
    Downloading the Duke right now with bated breath -- sank so much time into the original when it first came out back in 90-whatever. Came so close to hitting insta-buy when it accidentally dropped a few weeks back, in the window before it got pulled again. Glad I didn't now. :D

15. Mateus

Mateus Active Member

I played Duke yesterday and liked a lot! I think that Duke is eternally fun :p

Flying_Pig likes this.
  16. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
    I got duke yesterday, such a fun game

17. DelusionMan

DelusionMan Active Member

When I first heard of PS Plus (i.e. before I had a Vita), I hated the idea of paying a regular fee in order to retain access to games. Now I can't live without it.

JhoCarneiro, Flying_Pig and Hana like this.
  18. Hana

Hana Well-Known Member

That's how I was with it too. I got used to paying the fee and just grew up with it. :p

19. 2048Dan

2048Dan Well-Known Member

Nice month. Finally I'll get around to play The Swapper.

20. Flying_Pig

Enjoy. I loved it!

21. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

Yes, I enjoy all 3 games this month. Duke is bad ass. Woah Dave is simple and the Swapper is just brilliant :D

22. kborom

kborom Member

Anyone got an update on this 10% discount we are getting? Timings etc?

I'm hoping (but not counting any chickens) that it appears before the sale ends.

23. Flying_Pig

No information coming out of the blog - they're saying that we'll be advised once they have specific information.

I can't imagine we'll get it before the sale ends.

24. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Well-Known Member

Im still waiting on Sony to contact me about my partial refund for the FTC advertising hit here in the states....

25. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

I'm holding off buying some games waiting for that sales also. And the games included in this January sales are not really my cup of tea.

But when that 10% off arrives, I'm gonna throw money at Sony anyway.