Official Topic The PlayStation TV "PSOne Classics, PSP & Minis Compatibility" List

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by TEKTORO, May 22, 2015.

1. TEKTORO

TEKTORO Well-Known Member

PlayStation TV has incredible emulation capabilities when it comes to running some original PS1 Classics, PSP games as well as PS Minis and PS Mobile apps. We are going to cover what games are playable on your PS TV bringing you closer to some of those nostalgic titles and its ever expanding library, from Cult Classics such as Final Fantasy VII (PSOne), Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories (PSP) and Casual/ Smaller scale games that are PS Minis.

All in all it is our pleasure to present this information in a more simplified format which will hopefully be easier to navigate, with that being said feedback/findings are welcomed and will be updated on a regular basis. Starting with North America Playstation Store Titles for now, Europe and UK will be a work in progress as I could use any help to get the ball rolling there!

North America

PlayStation TV PSOne Classics Compatibility List

PlayStation TV PSP Game Compatibility List

PlayStation TV PS Minis Game Compatibility List

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
    DojoDan and Kyle like this.
  2. TEKTORO

Reserved- Europe-UK List

3. TEKTORO

Update 6/2/2015

Mega Man 8 PSOne Classic added to both PS TV & Vita today!
    Go get your blue bomber on, this is a good one. :p

4. vongruetz

vongruetz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    vongruetz
    Added a few more titles to the list. Tetris, the mini, works great. Also put on PS1 classic Soviet Strike.

TEKTORO likes this.
  5. TEKTORO

Thanks if Soviet Strike works maybe the other Strike games do too!
    and what is that Tetris PS mini?

6. vongruetz

PSN ID:
    vongruetz
    I'm sure the other Strike games probably do work, but I only have Soviet to test. As for the Tetris mini, once upon a time EA had the rights to make Tetris. They sold a mini version of it for the PS3, PSP, and PS Vita. It also works on the PSTV. Sadly though you can no longer buy it since Ubisoft now has the rights, but if you have it in your collection, you can still download it. It works great and looks good on the big screen.

7. TEKTORO

Updates added:
    PSone- Gunship, Nuclear Strike and Hi-Octane.
    PSP- King of Pool, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X and Pool Hall Pros.

Let me know if anyone has any issues or finds any games not on the list so far!

8. vongruetz

PSN ID:
    vongruetz
    Added Mega Man x4 and x5 as PS1 classics as well as Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow as a PSP game that works.

9. TEKTORO

Wow pretty much have almost all the Mega Mans on PS TV. I know I grew up on 1-3 and then when they game out with it as Anniversary for PS2, I ran through all of them in one day with a friend. You get really good after tons of practice, but it's still hard.

I'm hoping to see if Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen, Castlevania Chronicles and any of the Silent Hills work on PS TV one day. I believe those would have to be transferred from a PS3?

10. vongruetz

PSN ID:
    vongruetz
    When I was young, Mega Man never clicked with me. I think I borrowed it from a friend and had a bad first experience. Then as I got older and heard everyone else speak so fondly of the Mega Man series, I started to get more curious about them. I really enjoy them now, and while they play well on the Vita, there is something about playing them on the big screen that is more appealing.

As for Castlevania Chronicles, I have that through a PS+ from years ago and have played a bit on my PSP but never got to far into it. Honestly, I still need to play Symphony of the Night, since everyone raves about it. Castlevania is another series I never stuck with. I finished the first game on the NES but never played any of the games after that.

11. TEKTORO

Well they are all great games and difficult too, at least you gave them a chance!
    If you haven't played Symphony of the Night, it's a must. Tons of exploration with action, good bosses and the amount of detail to not only the enemies/characters but to the overall game!

Certainly the best Castlevania game.

12. Salty Dog

Salty Dog Well-Known Member

Heres a few psn downloads that work in OZ fine on PSTV, Couldnt see them on the list but maybe i missed them.

IL-2 Sturmovic - Birds of prey Works great and its a really under rated WWII fighter game.
    Brothers in arms - D-day Works fine
    WWII Battle over the Pacific Works fine but graphics are pretty bad.

Cheers

13. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

If you buy a whitelisted PSP game and play it on the PS-TV, do you still have access to the PS-TV's emulated touch screen controls like you would on Vita games? And can anyone confirm that DJ Max 3 Portable can be 100% played via button controls?

14. Stefarno

Stefarno Well-Known Member

The PSP didn't have a touch screen.

zodaex likes this.