Official Topic The Vita Lounge Magazine Feedback - Issue 6 Available to Patrons!

Discussion in 'Rules, Announcements, Feedback, & Competitions!' started by Hana, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Hana

Hana Well-Known Member

Got any sorta feedback?

We want to launch a PS Vita magazine and we need your help to do it! The plan is to launch an online version of our magazine but to also have a physical copy alongside it, and we have launched a fundraiser to help this to come to life. We would really appreciate any help you can give to making this become a reality by donating at our Patron page. The magazine will contain all of our top content for the quarter as well as a few exclusive pieces. Patreon Fundraiser for the TVL Magazine We have a few rewards set out for supporters and hopefully this can be something that really takes off! Thank you for your support, even if you just read it when it is published!

So far suggested ideas:

• Gamer interviews from subscribers/patreons
    • A gamers corner where you'd show off your PSVita collection, why you love the Vita, etc
    • Dev / game publisher interviews

2. Barcellona

Barcellona Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    bskolz1983
    Personally, I would like to see a "technical corner" where each issue discusses one topic, e.g. "What is qHD? Good choice for Vita display", "Framerates - Which games suffer on Vita, which do good? Which games dely on framerate...", "3G a flop? Would 4G/LTE have brought gaming on the go?", "Bottleneck in the Vita system - CPU? GPU? Ram?", "Open world games possible to which point on Vita", etc. :)

Another topic, if anybody here speaks well enough Japanese to dip down in the topic, "How's the situation for Vita in Japan - Gamers are satisfied? Age group of typical Vita owner there, most famous Vita titles in Japan, look into the future (a lot of releases there)"
    This good also be a look at a certain country in each issue - next: "USA - How many people own a Vita over there, can you get Vitas still in stores, Borderlands2 bundle was good?, look into the future..."

That would be two series through the issues I would like to see/read ;-)

Murphy likes this.
  3. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    If you have any suggestions or questions then please let us know. The first issue will definitely be physical, future issues will depend on how popular this will be. We are committed to making it at least digital, but we know how some of you abhor digital content and prefer having a physical copy. ;)

All joking aside, it's going to be very expensive to make this physically and therefore only cost effective in higher numbers or higher price, and I am loath to stick a high price on it, just for the sake of making it.

Any support you can give to making this come alive will be appreciated, whether it's just spreading the word and sharing our plans, or throwing a bit of change our way. Every little helps, as they say and will really make a difference.

If you can help, these are our reward tiers.
    In addition to this, everyone who makes a pledge that has a forum account will receive a special "Patreon" badge for their forum profile for you to show off to everyone!

If you have any questions relating to Patreon specifically then please ask and I'll do my best to answer them. :)

In case you missed it, here is the link to the magazine fundraiser. :)

https://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=1507580&rf=468039

As always, thanks for your support! It really means a lot. We are motivated towards finding other ways of spreading Vita news and our coverage and hope that a magazine, whether physical or digital will be a better ways of stay up to date with the latest Vita happenings.

4. Fokkusu

Fokkusu The orginal fox

PSN ID:
    Joeow
    Q&A page? Agony aunt? ;)
    Really though, if you used QR codes in the place of hyperlinks for the physical version that'd be kinda cool. Freebies would be pushing my luck though.

Murphy likes this.
  5. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

VITA crosswords? Coming up with one might not be difficult. Taking facts from VITA games and put up one, please?

And how about some exclusive artwork :eek: That would be awesome :eek: Although I thought it might be more work for you guys so don't mind me blabling :p

Yes, I would like a technical corner as well. to explain some stuffs :p

Murphy likes this.
  6. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure what kind of content I'd want to see in it, and I don't really need to be specially thanked; I spend enough time here that spending a bit of money to keep things operating smoothly is more than worth it. I tend to give a little money to TVL every time an avenue for me to do so is created, and I think that's been... twice now since I started visiting the site? The fact that there'd be a magazine on top of everything is just a bonus to me.

Maybe a couple of genre-specific articles per issue, discussing basically anything the author sees fit - make it a series if you can think of enough content. Highlight some older games available on the Vita fans of X genre might enjoy, but might not think to look for - or may have escaped their notice.

Interviews with developers are probably a long-shot but I always like reading about XSEED, and other small companies.

I suppose you could branch out a little and cover some of the source material for games coming to Vita, Steins;Gate being the easiest example to think of. Not necessarily reviews or anything, just a sort of synopsis. Then again, that kind of thing could also just be the first paragraph in the actual review of the game but hey, maybe you'll think of some way to improve upon my half-baked idea.

Perhaps, if you can find enough talented people or you have sufficient time to scour the web, a dedicated fan-art section showcasing a few artists per issue that create Vita-related works? Tearaway paper-craft, or anything really.

Well I'm out of ideas. Maybe they'll help give you better ideas.

DeathMoJo, PixelKnot and Murphy like this.
  7. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

Few ideas/suggestions:
    • Section with upcoming releases for the year and a little preview of those titles for the next quarter (or current quarter in calendar format).
    • Accessory reviews, like cases or other bits and bobs
    • Developer interviews (already suggested but good idea)
    • Sales stats/charts for previous quarter or so
    • What each editor/staff is currently playing
    • Best screenshots of the quarter

Murphy likes this.
  8. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Well-Known Member

I am just happy for another avenue for Vita news. I'll support a print version as long as you can afford it.

Murphy likes this.
  9. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

Oh, I'd also like to know about what's going on in other regions, particular Japan. Maybe a dedicated Japan section for the latest games over there, just because EU/NA won't really get a ton of them.

Also, now that I've mentioned region specific stuff, it would be good if games were labelled with region specific release dates too, or if they are even getting released in a specific region or not. Being in the EU, we don't see a lot of games that NA might see. Would be good to have that reflected when reading up on games in a magazine. :)

Edit: Would a homebrew type section be a bit too far? :p

Murphy likes this.
  10. Chris Boers

Chris Boers Active Member

A focus on developers section would be great. There are a number of devteams that aim specifically at VITA games, and they should see some extra coverage for that. Also, I'm sure they would love to participate themselves.

Flying_Pig, DeathMoJo and Murphy like this.
  11. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

I think there should also be a sort of reader/fan section, where people can write (email) in and have their letters (emails) published.

12. Barcellona

PSN ID:
    bskolz1983
    By the way, will the digital-version of the mag come in a "Vita optimized" format? So that it can be read on our psvitas?

_:_PuppyShark_:_ and Stryfe like this.
  13. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

That's a really good suggestion! I've never actually used the Vita to read anything before.

14. Silent Angel

Silent Angel Active Member

Sorry if you've mentioned this somewhere but, I can't find where/when this patreon ends kinda wanna go ahead and get a physical copy but I can't atm.

15. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

16. Silent Angel

Oh I know what to press I would just like to know when is the last day to subscribe to it, not accounting for all physical copies being taken.

17. Murphy

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    Basically, the way Patreon works for "per creation" is that everyone that is a subscriber will be charged at the start of the next month. As a result of that we haven't actually charged anyone yet, as I created the "issue one"' post before we had patrons.

Towards the end of the month I will create a new "issue one" post to address this, but if you want a physical copy the only way to guarantee it is to pledge before the end of the month. :)

18. Silent Angel

Oh okay, guess I'll get it next payday then haha.

19. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

OK so I have been looking for a case for my VITA SLIM and doing a quick research on Youtube suddenly hit me. There's nothing. Not a single great review for anything accessories for the SLIM. Maybe you can do one section in the magazine? :p Even though it's harder to do a review of cases in text format.

Murphy likes this.
  20. Barcellona

PSN ID:
    bskolz1983
    Will the money be charged this week?

21. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    As Paul noted, the campaign ends later in the month - likely near the last week of the month, actually.

Murphy likes this.
  22. Murphy

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    We are getting close now, and will shortly be sending our order off to the printers! To guarantee yourself a print copy of our first issue head over to our Patreon!

https://www.patreon.com/thevitalounge

JhoCarneiro has been working his magic, and you can see some of the concept work below, along with my Vita. P

[​IMG]

We want this to be a success, but cannot do it without your support, so please consider helping us. Every little helps!

I will have more information available soon. If you know anyone that will love this, then please spread the word!

Darkknezz, Stryfe and JhoCarneiro like this.
  23. Fokkusu

Fokkusu The orginal fox

PSN ID:
    Joeow
    Pretty! Will it be A5 or A4?

Suggestion: I see there are blue bits of the pages, perhaps tey could be the colours of the Vita slim models? Though I do understand that's the TVL theme.

Murphy likes this.
  24. Stefarno

Stefarno Well-Known Member

That looks fantastic!

Poor Nepgear doesn't even get to be the art in the review of her game, seems rather appropriate :p

25. Tijder

Tijder Member

Looks great! Can't wait for the release :).

Murphy likes this.