The Vita Lounge Magazine Full Set kickstarter?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by sean, Aug 31, 2018.

?

Would you buy a full set of TVL magazine

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. sean

sean Well-Known Member

Sweetness!
    Backed for a set.

Looks like we are already 1/2 way there in a few hours.

Let's make our dreams a reality peeps!

Murphy and zodaex like this.
  2. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    Cheers for the support so far folks!

sean likes this.
  3. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

T-T

I will pass unfortunately :(

4. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

Thanks for letting me know but make sure to let me know if you change your mind so I can fund a second set by the deadline.
    I'll be funding the campaign on tomorrow morning when I get my paycheck.

A big big thanks from me to Murphy, Kyle Deathskitten, Chaz and all the other fine staff members who put in such a big labor of love to make the Vitamag happen! I'm very pleased at this opportunity to obtain all of the past issues because I didn't enter the scene until late 2014 when it was already too late to obtain the earlier issues.

PS: Vitacast physical cd set too :) ?

Murphy and sean like this.
  5. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

bid on set. Suggested Stretch Goal: Some sort of storage box to put them in (slipcase? Clamshell?)

sean likes this.
  6. sean

sean Well-Known Member

We absolutely killed it. It's already fully backed!

Thank you to Murphy and the TVL crew and thank you all the islanders for backing this.

Let a slack guy like me still get a full set of these mags in 2018/2019.
    Just awesome.

Murphy and zodaex like this.
  7. Murphy

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    Already looking at it :) Thanks for your support!

8. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

I just put in my pledge :)

Murphy and ninty72 like this.
  9. Murphy

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    Almost at £5000!

I've added in options today for digital only for issue 26, some more sponsor/contributory options and we will RMOVE the digital/print tier - as of today the full print collection will include the digital copies as standard, to add value to the level.

We've also added some stretch goals, for improving the number of pages and adding in a custom box, as well as spine-design options.

Thanks again for your amazing support folks, and please spread the word!

Mr Tornado and sean like this.
  10. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

We need about 2,000 pounds more to get a box! Or... about 20 people going for the full set.

sean and Hakaider like this.
  11. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

I've backed for the final issue as I already own all the others. I like the sound of a box to store them in.

zodaex likes this.
  12. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

The box would be cool! Would I need to back for more for that? If so, let me know!!

13. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Thought here - why not estimate how much a box would cost for people who already have the other 25 issues and have them overbid that much?

TheAtom likes this.
  14. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Collector's box goal achieved :)

shirokuro likes this.
  15. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

Okay, I feel a story coming on that I just need to express here.

You ever have those recurring dreams? You know, the ones you have over and over in life, maybe once every few months, maybe it crops up once a year? I still dream about trying desperately to finish coursework and running to exam halls despite it being a decade since I was in education... But another recurring dream I have every now and then is of me searching through a newsagents or supermarket for gaming magazines.

I used to avidly collect the Official UK PlayStation Magazine but once I got a PS2 I switched to PSM2 magazine, (would later become PSM3) and for several years would buy a copy without fail on its week of release. I stopped collecting for a while once I was at Uni but picked them up again after a friend (who worked at Future Publishing) got given free mags and handed them out to people, so I continued getting them up until the final issue. I don't own the whole set, but own probably around 100 in total. Several times during moving my parents tried to get me to throw away all my magazines but I refused, and now I have my own place I keep them all in the spare room.

So again, collecting physical gaming magazines is something I used to love and still miss, with my dreams reminding me of a time that I can't go back to, as I didn't feel like jumping on a current mag run so late in the game. I guess I'm a bit of a collector at heart.

I didn't learn about The Vita Lounge mag until it was essentially too late and I would only be able to get a scant few issues, so I didn't bother thinking about it any more, though I was somewhat disappointed. Now this Kickstarter drops and... I knew what I had to do. I've pledged £100 for the full set, this despite me trying my darndest to save money for later this year. But I'll deal with it, it's fine. The A5 size means it won't be quite the same as my precious mags of old, but that's fine by me. 26 mags for £100, that's £4 a mag and having a collector's box makes it all the better. I can't wait to have that dream come true, and this time with a full, complete set for one of my favourite gaming systems ever. So thank you guys for doing this. :)

But damn, I'm so stuck in the past. I even listen to music on CDs! :D

PS For anyone asking, yes, PSM2 was one of the mags involved in the infamous Driver 3 review conspiracy, and I have the mag in question. The review itself is really bad and basically amounts to "the driving is very good, the driving is very good, nothing else matters, the driving is very good, 90%" :D

zodaex likes this.