Tokyo Tattoo Girls

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by zodaex, Oct 10, 2017.

1. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Ahh man really? I literally have a copy on the way to me right now that I was planning on playing on PS-TV. :( False advertising.

2. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

That's just false advertising, isn't it? Ruckus worthy, I'd say.

zodaex likes this.
  3. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Well-Known Member

Anyone played the game already? I heard there are the trophies list problem, are they already solved?

I'm planning to give her a whirl this weekend.

4. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

Anyone in the UK who was thinking of buying this it's currently on sale on amazon.com just got it for £20.55 shipped including import fees prepaid. Really great price

5. zodaex

sean, did NISA ever respond to your email, or did they just ignore you?

6. sean

sean Well-Known Member

They didn't respond to me and don't think I've seen them mention it still.

7. zodaex

I just went to the official NISA forum to make a thread about this issue, as I happen to have a forum account there, however I see they took the forums down so i'm unable to make a thread there. How convenient for them :/

8. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

Unspeakable, ghastly, deriserly...
    Time to boycot, viva la revolution!

9. zodaex

I just wanted to chime in here real quick to mention that I emailed NISA one week ago about the issue with Tokyo Tattoo Girls erroneously not being PS-TV compatible, however they still have not responded to my email and I doubt they are going to. So now I put NISA right up there with PQUBE and Take 2 Interactive as far as publishers that ignore their customers.

10. sean

sean Well-Known Member

So you inspired me to ask again on twitter when I saw your email.

Instant reply and not one you will care for.

No planned support as this was apparently a misprint on the game cover.

TheAtom and zodaex like this.
  11. TheAtom

I appreciate the comment, which is why I liked, but the content of the message is hard to be liked.

A misprint? They should refund some people! What if someone only owned a PSTV and was excited to play it? They should've come out in the open with something like this. It's only because the game probably sold horribly they felt like the fanbase actually impacted by this was too small to air their dirty laundry in front of those that didn't even know it existed.

12. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. zodaex

Believe it or not NISA actually did finally respond to my email.

"Hello Roger,

Thank you for your message regarding this title, and for your patience with our correspondence.

It has been brought to our attention that the slip cover for Tokyo Tattoo Girls currently states the game is PlayStation TV compatible. At this time, this title does not have PlayStation TV support available, and we do not currently have any plans to update this title to have PlayStation TV support. I sincerely apologize for any confusion the slip cover may have caused; we hope we have not caused you any inconvenience with this matter.

As a result of this issue, we have reviewed our internal process to help prevent this from happening again in the future.

We thank you for your support and for taking the time to alert us of this issue. Should you have any other questions or concerns regarding this title, please let us know, and we will be happy to assist.

Best wishes,

Support Prinny 18

NISA Online Store"

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    sean likes this.
  14. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Hmm hard decision to make.

Found some selling Tokyo Tattoo Girl locally, a loose french sealed copy for €30 (free shipping) or english LE for €50...

Both EU ones and cheapest option for me (there are places selling it cheaper but in the end it's more expensive for me).

Even while both games are in english in the end, that 5% collector in me wants the english one but the 95% gamer says grab the french one because it's still in english, I know the game is meh/bad but I still want it.

It gives me a headache lol.

TheAtom and Tweeg like this.
  15. TheAtom

We're talking two different things here: choosing between different versions of the packaging (including it being LE/standard), which for me is never too important. The second issue, wanting a game knowing it's meh/bad is my biggest torture.

I hate games with awesome 2D art and just bad gameplay. Nights of the Azure is supposedly pretty meh, but that art is so nice! Galgun is the same thing for me. The more I look at gameplay, the less I want it. The more I look at the promotional and other 2D art, the more I want it... What's wrong with me? o_O

16. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

For me it doesn't matter if the game is good or bad, it matters if I want to play it.

Tweeg likes this.
  17. TheAtom

When I say good or bad, I really mean more "do I think I will have fun playing it or not?" and not some ethereal objectivity or something. And this, as well as Galgun, just doesn't look fun... But both sport some cool art that keeps making me want to get it...