Unlock Vita 3G Simcard Access

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Takao, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

In some markets the WiFi/3G Vita 1000 model is locked to a specific carrier. With a cheap adapter you can unlock your Vita to accept any 3G card. The video I'm posting below is in Portuguese, but it's easy to understand:

Jawessome and Kyle like this.
  2. JoeMG03

JoeMG03 Member

Dude its better to keep the wifi model. I use tethering from my phone whenever I need.

3. Jawessome

Jawessome Permanent Resident of Vita Island

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    Wow! That's so cool. Thanks for sharing though to be honest I don't think I'd even use the 3G feature on my Vita. I mainly play at home as I'm too fussy for my electronics gadgets and don't want to risk damaging it. I'm weird like that. A cool guide though. Glad this is possible.

By the way. JoeMG03 - you realise all 3G Vitas have Wi-Fi as standard right?

4. Kurisutina

Kurisutina Ultimate Vita Enthusiast

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Woah Takao, thanks for this (I'm so LTTP here). I have the 3G Vita in Canada, I hate that it's locked to Rogers too =/ I'm with Bell <<; Even just being able to use some of my data when I take Vita around would be nice as I use P4G's online features quite liberally (Including rescue assisting). That and chatting with your PSN friends on the go is actually pretty nice.