Upcoming Physical Releases

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Billybobbean, May 28, 2015.

1. jmontero

jmontero Well-Known Member

I decided it 2012 when I saw that after a couple of months I had almost every launched day game, now I have 157 physical games more or less

2. AceofOpus

AceofOpus Member

Remind me again who is publishing Steins;Gate stateside for the Vita?

3. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

After getting sucked in by the " Vita is doomed" mentality I started deliberately cutting back on my Vita play time, convinced I would soon be left with nothing to play. Cut to the present, and I'm convinced I'll run out of money before I run out of games! Still need to get Freedom Wars, Toukiden Kiwami, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Demon Gaze...

APA likes this.
  4. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I'm continually surprised just by how many physical releases are released outside of Japan for the Vita. I remember reading on another forum a "prediction" that the Vita would end up all digital and not release any further physical releases in 2015. Its practically June and we have a steady stream getting released next month alone!

I'm wondering how long it'll take me to finish my Vita collection. Its growing at a way faster rate than I am completing the games. That's down to me playing so many digital titles plus being a completionist when it comes to each game I play. Not a bad position to be in though, I've always got something cool to play on my Vita. Plus I still think even after the releases over here die off (no idea when that'll happen though) I'll still be importing loads of games from Japan/Asia anyway.

APA likes this.
  5. Stefarno

Stefarno Well-Known Member

We're going to see fewer physical games in the West as time goes on due to the reduction in 'mainstream' Vita titles, higher digital profit margins and poor performance of some previous physical games (no-one buying Toukiden: Kiwami at retail has probably stopped Koei from doing any more, for example).

We'll definitely still see some come though - existing Vita franchises like Danganronpa and Hyperdimension Neptunia are clearly doing the numbers and kids games like Lego don't work as download-only as they rely heavily on physical sales. Also, a series that does well digitally may swap to physical for future instalments (Sword Art Online, for example), and the opportunity for higher margins and day one sales mean that we'll probably see an increase in physical copies as part of limited editions too. My understanding is that Sony (in Europe at least) has a deal going to offer reduced cart manufacturing costs if the RRP of the game is below a set level, which is helping get some physical games out there.

As for the list, I thought the next few months would be quite cheap, but there are 8 games listed that I'm planning on picking up...

6. TEKTORO

TEKTORO Well-Known Member

Hoping Space Hulk comes to US (crosses fingers).

7. MikeRox

MikeRox Well-Known Member

Vita is region free ;) any English language release is a US release! :D

8. TEKTORO

Yes I know only reason is because I want a legit US collection and love Space Hulk. I will be interested in imports once releases are well and done for the Vita.
    That way I can stay more focused and have a achievable affordable goal for myself in the meanwhile.

9. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

Vita has no (retail) games... ;)

That won't happen unless an american publisher brings it over there, as Funbox (the EU retail publisher) doesn't have an American office and Hoplite Research (the ones doing the port) hasn't published games physically.

10. AceofOpus

AceofOpus Member

I see that Teslagrad is getting a retail physical release on June 26 in the EU with no word on any Vita release in NA. I see it on Amazon UK but it doesn't have it with a Vita game boarder around it making me think it's a digital release, yet it seems oddly expensive for what was a $15 dollar Steam release. Can anyone confirm what's up with that? It's a game I've wanted for a while now and the Vita has been my go to for most indie games, especially ones that work better with controllers like puzzle platformers (which Teslagrad is).

11. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

Rain Games is still working on the Vita port, and Soedesco (the retail partner) has confirmed that the Vita version will be on a cart, not a download code. That June 26th release date for UK/EU is probably a placeholder as the port seems far from completion (that's how it sounded from the devs' last article on Gamasutra). The NA release could even be later than the EU one if Soedesco doesn't find a partner for American distribution.

12. AceofOpus

AceofOpus Member

Yeah I found Rain Games most recently blog post and from how they were phrasing it June 26th is definitely not when the game will be coming out. I'm really glad Rain Games has been pretty forward/open about their development cycle. I will be happy to show them my support again.

13. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    TEKTORO likes this.
  14. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

jmontero likes this.
  15. Billybobbean

16. jmontero

17. Billybobbean

18. TEKTORO

Dreams do come true :eek:

19. jmontero

I saw tetris ultimate today on the european network store, does this mean we wont get a physical version over here?

20. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

All retail games have or had digital versions too, so seeing a game on the Store doesn't mean that the game is digital-only. That said, the quietness of Ubisoft EMEA regarding the title makes me worry about the physical release.

21. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Anyone in Europe buying the Rayman double pack this week? Still no word for the UK.

22. jmontero

I'll probably buy it next month, no hurry on that one
    Yeah I know that, but it is weird that ubisoft has launched the game without saying anything about the retail version

23. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

Just saw that J-Star Victory+ is coming out this month! Going to quickly place a pre-order from Amazon. :D

24. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I've spent too much money already so I'll wait a couple of weeks to see if anything comes out of the UK. I will grab it for my collection though, can't go wrong with Rayman.

25. Billybobbean