VGP Import to Europe Question

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by MyNameIsJonas, Feb 12, 2018.

1. MyNameIsJonas

MyNameIsJonas Active Member

Hello guys and girls,

I am thinking of buying two VITA (that would total around $50) games from Video Games Plus, which is based in Canada. Has anyone who is from the EU ordered games from them before, and if so, where there any import duties? I am aware that Canada and the EU have a free-trade agreement, but does it cover such items?
    Also, I have heard of incidents happening to people who use their credit card on VGP. Has this ever happened to one of you? Thank you for your time!

P.S. For anyone interested, VGP has the Artbook launch edition of Chaos;head for $26.

2. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

Reliable and import friendly.

3. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Okay. I've been a long time customer of VG+ (probably over 10 years) & in all that time, one game got caught by customs, Summon Night Wonderful Edition which was expensive, so kind of expected in some way.

Each time I order one game it's valued at CDN $14.99 (or thereabouts) on the outside of the package. I don't think I've ordered two games together before, so can't comment on what they'll value your package as.

With regards to credit cards & VG+. Sadly my credit card has been hit by fraud twice & both times I'm 99.99% sure it was due to events that happened at VG+. I know this through a process of deduction & that many NeoGafers also had it happen to them. (A simple search will probably lead you to forum threads discussing these 'issues').

Nowadays, I will only use PayPal with VG+. I know lots of people who use their credit card, but I'm not taking that chance again!

Edit

I'm UK btw.

4. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

Cough.. i near never paid with credit card with VG+ . I guess i barely dodged the bullet this time :D

5. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I've bought a few things from VG+ over the years and never had any issues

6. MyNameIsJonas

MyNameIsJonas Active Member

Thank you everybody for your replies! Now let's see if they can combine an eBay order and a store order for me.