Video Game Plus Restock/Reprint

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by sean, Jul 4, 2018.

1. sean

sean Well-Known Member

Still not completely sure if they are talking about a restock or reprint on games.

Atm also not sure if this is limited to NA vita prints as they are based in canada or if this makes no difference. I understand limited company print are out, but basically everything else should be fair game is license hasn't expired.

I can say this with 100% certainly. If we don't try to show enoughow interest either of the options above won't happen.

Let's try and build some interest and help people find a copy of Altier Escha & Logy or Ar No Surge at less than 200 bucks.

I know we have to convince Nis to allow this to happen. If we don't force them with interest it will never happen, though.

Help please?

We have worked this hard for so long. I know we have another year and a half. Let's go out strong ND give it our best attempt.

DojoDan likes this.
  2. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

If you didn't know already VGP actually did a load of exclusive re-prints for some of the later in life PSP Atlus releases that had really low print runs, I bought Heyxz Force from them the other day which was becoming known as one of the more expensive titles for the PSP but they had it for $50CAD which in £s is around £35.

I'll be picking up their other PSP reprints when I have the spare money as I'd like to flesh out my RPG collection but as I now own all the vita titles (-2) I personally wont be likely to buy any of these re-prints unless they will make for good trade bait.

sean likes this.
  3. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I don't know, any game in particular that people want to see more of? I can imagine a bunch of LRG releases, but that's a whole different story of course (Shantaaaae!).

4. Billybobbean

It'll never be LRG stuff ever, their entire business is based on get it now or never.

Atlus having worked with them in the past would make sense but is there anything released by atlus thats hard to find? Not that I'm aware of.

NIS titles would make the most sense as afaik those are the ones that have had some sketchy availability even when originally released (see releasing a NIS store exclusive then refusing to ship outside the US).

Other than that I really can't think what they'd feel the need to reprint but US availability isn't something I follow for most games.

5. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

I was always under the impression that it was the publisher that initially foots the bill for game reprints and not necessarily the distributor right?
    Shantae is less than 30 dollars on eBay. Doesn't seem all that rare at the moment.

6. Colorado Rockie

Colorado Rockie Well-Known Member

Yeah this would be great if they do reprints. They did a great job on PSP/PS2 reprints in the past. I bought Yakuza 1,2 on PS2 and Persona 2 and Hexyz Force on PSP from them when they restocked those.

NIS titles would be a good start. The aforementioned Ar No Surge and Atelier Escha would make the most sense. A Rose in the Twilight and Yomawari Night Alone would be worth making another batch too. Other titles I can think of that would be nice: Supremacy MMA, Touch My Katamari, Virtua Tennis 4 (U.S. version is kind of rare), Period Cube, Mary Skelter, Bad Apple Wars, Collar X Malice, Toukiden Kiwami, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Nonary Games.

Not to mention all the UK/Euro exclusives, but I think they are mostly focused on U.S. releases.

7. sean

sean Well-Known Member

Nis games were my first thought.

Altier Escha and Logy 200 +

Ar no Surge 200+

Limited companies are no go LRG, EAS, SLG for obvious limited reasons.

Spiderman, marvel vs capcom, and a few more are also a no go. License has expired and pulled from psn.

We need a answer from VGP about which region games are possible for some of these games.

Mary Skeltor is sold out in EU but still in stock on NA iffystore.

8. Billybobbean

Wondering if sony still have the 1000 cap on prints, they would have to do as a minimum order if so

9. sean

sean Well-Known Member

Apparently 1000 is still minimum print.

At same time LRG said they could have games printed under 1000 but you would pay a penalty. It got brought up when they were discussing the bonus game for full collectors.

10. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

I'm pretty sure LRG said that they had to pay the penalty fee on Breach & Clear, which was (only) 1,5000.

sean likes this.
  11. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Smokes! Thanks for the heads up!!

12. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member