Vita Cast Issue?

Discussion in 'Rules, Announcements, Feedback, & Competitions!' started by B91212R, Jun 30, 2015.

1. B91212R

B91212R Active Member

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this or not, please feel free to move it if needed.

Not sure if it is just me but having some issues with The Vita Cast podcast on my phone. I download and listen to it through an iphone 6 and it has always worked okay until the last few weeks. I subscribe to the podcast so in theory it downloads each new episode automatically once it becomes available but the last 2 haven't wanted to download. Eventually I have managed to download them manually after a lot of trying and refreshing but not for a few days after the website here says it is available. It also says the release date for the most recent podcast is Dec 31, 2000 which I assume is why it isn't picking them up automatically. I've tried unsubscribing and then resubscribing again but issue remains. I know nothing about uploading podcasts to itunes (or anything else) but wondered if it is maybe a date setting when you upload the episode or if it is something to do with my cell phone itself.

Phone operating system is up to date and I subscribe to 6 other podcasts that are all working fine. Any idea's?

2. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    I honestly have no idea. The podcast episodes have been uploaded the same as usual (and are getting the same amount of hits as usual), so it can't be that it isn't working on the grand scale of things. It could be a glitch with who we've chosen to upload with, but again - that seems unlikely as hits haven't suffered. :/

B91212R likes this.
  3. B91212R

B91212R Active Member

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Hopefully it's just a glitch with my phone op system and it will resolve itself. At least I can still download them after a bit of messing about.

I enjoy the podcasts, thanks to all involved.

Tyler and Kyle like this.
  4. Chaz3010

Chaz3010 Former Deputy Editor Staff Member

PSN ID:
    Chaz3010
    This issue appears to be resolved now :) I had a similar issue with iTunes on my laptop but everything is working fine now and the podcast episodes are downloading automatically as you would expect them to. My guesses are it was an iTunes glitch :)

5. B91212R

B91212R Active Member

Great, thanks for the update. Last week it randomly downloaded 2 episodes from months ago!