Vita games thinning out

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Amos67, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Yup, and guess what the games from the first years that Vita came out are the ones I mostly don't have :oops:

I guess you didn't really understand what I meant?

Never mind that

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  2. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

Then again you are not getting the point that PS Vita Japanese collectors exists and they are very aware of video games pillaging by Westerners gaijin. Thanks the many games released with low print run aka 5 000 copies and below, we are good to have a Japanese Vita market going into a situation similar to the Japanese Genesis/Megadrive.

3. geralds

geralds Member

You obviously don't understand the Japanese market yes they exist but japanese don't collect the same way we do. If that was true we would see older games for nes, snes, increase but inside Japan they don't. There are collectors in any region Japanese games are just cheaper outside a few rare Japanese games there always gonna be cheaper. If there prices increase on Japanese game is probably more due to non Japanese more then Japanese people themselves. Those few rare Japanese games that command though high prices are because non japanese are willing to buy them at that price. Japanese megadrive games are not worth that much In Japan as well they are much cheaper then English coz the parts outside the fee rare games that more to do with foreigners then Japanese more than likely.

4. McFungos

I certainly don't understand the Japanese market as the whole.

However my first hand experience with Japanese PS Vita doesn't lead me to the same conclusion and i guess with 545 Japanese Vita games in my collection, i have plenty of experience on this matter.

Edit : Usually it's only less than 5% of the games are tagged as rare but with the PS Vita we may reach the 15% of the games thank of to numerous games with 5K copies or less available

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  5. geralds

geralds Member

It don't matter if they have 5k or less the general non Japanese consumer does not want games they can not understand. I good portion of the library is visual novels rpgs or quiz games people need to know Japanese to understand how to properly play them. Unless your ultimate goal is to collect psn trophy no Japanese is need for most of the games. It doesn't matter if no Japanese want the games the prices is gonna fall and almost every game has fallen as there are just not enough non Japanese non trophy hunters that want a good portion of the Japanese library because they can't understand Japanese. What value do these games have to people when they can't understand them.

I side Japan at local Japanese stores these prices are falling once vita completely dies in Japan. Stores are gonna have tons of vita games at dirt cheap prices just like they have for famicom or super famicom. Where the English prices are crazy the Japanese counter parts ar generally less then half the price of the English counter part.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  6. McFungos

I don't think so unfortunately :(

First because we don't know what will do collectors from China & East Asia will do. Don't count them as non person because a lot of games were released in Asia with only Japanese subs and they still sold. It isn't just we the Westerners there are also those guys. They do have the money to import games from Japan and they have more people playing Japanese games than we do.
    Second because it still 5 000 copies, there will be way always less PS Vita games produced than Famicom or Super Famicom or PSP and the PS Vita will hit way faster the bottom of the barrel games stock wise in Japan sooner than those said consoles. Unfortunately for us the lowest print runs are usually those niche games that are never localized in the West.
    Third things aren't immutable and there is some real awareness of the relative rarity of the Japanese PS Vita games even in Japan. I mean everyone has access to the Media Create, Famitsu and Dengeki weekly sales numbers. You can't expect a big crack, certainly up to -30% on most used games but not -50% but you will pay premium for brand new copy for a lot of titles.

Currently the last thing to do a full set of all brand new copy of Japanese exclusive.

7. geralds

geralds Member

When it come to China I think it is safe to say they won't make a big impact on any prices. They really don't have a big console seen there do to the console ban. The lift really hasn't changed much there selling but the sales are pretty sad compared to just his many people live in China. People there care more about cell phone games and PC games. As for other Asian countries yes they get games released in both Japanese and English. Honestly if it would make that big of an impact we would have seen it with older systems. In order to collect a bunch of games you need tons of space. These are far more densly populated areas with small living spaces. The only games I could see maybe having some value are ones not heavily reliant on Japanese.

Explain to me who outside Japanese or the few rare people who can understand Japanese and also collect video games is gonna want over 200 visual novels. Really has nothing to do with rarity at this point. There are like far more people who speak English then Japanese. It makes a lot more sense to me why English games increase in value.

Yes there are Japanese collectors but there not like non Japanese. Get yourself Japanese contacts and you will see how easy and cheap it is to get Japanese games directly from Japan.

8. McFungos

Well there are over 300 millions of Chineses with money power similar to Europeans

People tends to collect consoles they grew up with thus people in Asia are not that much into older gen consoles. I won't write off a surge in PS Vita prices in 10 years because of Asians youngsters getting older and desiring to rekindle with this console.

Just to tell 3 years ago i gave a list of Vita games to a friend who went in Sapporo and the local Trader games shop wasn't even aware of existence of some games in my list. That says a lot about how confidential were some Vita releases in Japan :D

9. geralds

geralds Member

How many people in china care about video games let alone have access to the internet outside china. The console ban really didnt turn that many people in to 1 wanting consoles. 2 alot of people in china are not gonna pay the prices and when sony released the ps4/vita in china I think they relized that and that why sony put prices restriction in place in china from the start. It does not matter if they have the money or not they need to care they need to be able to find the games, They need to have more money then there probably used to paying for games and more. If this was pc or cell phones that would be different. It shows how much people really care about these games these are not games people care about much unless you live in japan itself. People grew up with stuff like Famicom and super famicom especially in Japan so explain to me how come most of the prices havent skyrocketed like they have for nes and snes. The surge in vita prices will probably come from the English side of things. Take stuff like the wonder swan sold porly only was japan but most of the games in that libabry are largly pretty cheap outside the few games that can largely be enjoyed buy non Japanese. You have games for the ps3 that had very few copies in japan and all they are doing is falling in prices and that system sold far better then the vita yet they are not climing in price. You have games on the ds/3ds far more popular platforms and they had games that have 5000 or less copies yet they have not really climed in price all that much there are english games with far more copies that can go for higher prices then some of the more rare japanese games. If a more popular platform can not raise prices then explain to me how the vita is suppose to do what even the more popular ds cant.

10. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

(rare japanese games discussion in 1 animated GIF)

[​IMG]

(I know some people that know a lot about the japanese games market, I guess it's enough I know what is the truth about it)

TheAtom, McFungos and TriOpticon like this.
  11. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

so i guess i need to buy my copy of uppers bloody quick or can i just sit on it and get it n a year? lol.
    i feel that on the whole, if you see a game you want, dont wait and just buy. 6 months ago there were heaps of psycho pass physical copies... now 0 and i really wanted that cart. gonna have to ship it in now.

the market is gettng exciting

TheAtom likes this.