Vita Games with Manuals. (NTSC-U/PAL Regions)

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Alpha, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Alpha

Alpha Member

Alright well if you find a manual in there let me know we might finally get a game with a manual for both regions.

2. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

The One Piece Red in mine only had a DLC code thing, but I bought mine used so I can't be sure.

It was limited to GameStop (so was Tales of Hearts R).

3. 2048Dan

2048Dan Well-Known Member

Went through my collection. PAL games with manual:

• Angry birds Star Wars
    • Assassins creed chronicles
    • Best of Arcade games
    • Asphalt injection
    • Jonah Lomu rugby Challenge
    • Rayman Origins
    • Rayman Legends
    • Ben 10 galactic racing
    • sonic racing all stars transformed
    • Tetris ultimate
    • MUD FIM motocross
    • Super monkey ball
    • Shinobido 2 revenge of Zen
    • Lumines
    • WRC 3
    • Army corps of hell
    • Michael Jackson the Experience
    • Football manager
    • Farming Sim 14
    • Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends

4. Alpha

Alpha Member

Wow I'm getting really jealous of you guys in the PAL Regions. Here in the US theres barely any! I'll update this list when I get off work. agian thanks for contributeing to the list I hope this helps alot of collectors get their manuals.

5. 2048Dan

You don't have to be that jealous, the manuals are often just a few pages long describing the basic controls or similar in a bunch of different languages. For example, the WRC3 one is just four pages with some legal stuff in it (nice car on the front though). The thickest one is for Football manager, 70 pages. It makes the case pretty heavy. :)

6. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

How many pages is the Tales of Hearts R manual? If someone doesn't mind checking their copy. Is it in color? I've started searching for the cheapest copy I can find of the PAL version just for a few pieces of paper lol.

7. 2048Dan

25 pages, black and white inside but the front is in full color and has the same artwork as the box. It's in Swedish, Finnish, Dutch and Portugese.

DankZaku likes this.
  8. NinjaMicWZ

NinjaMicWZ Well-Known Member

It's tempting here too. I guess the only UK/EU manual ones I have right now are Child of Light, DBZ and Rayman Origins/Legends pack. Wouldn't mind MGS HD and Silent Hill.

DankZaku likes this.
  9. NinjaMicWZ

I can understand why it didn't get one, but I wish One Way Heroics had gotten a manual from it's LRG release. The old school DQ/W sprite style and sensibilities would have lent itself to it so well, along with item and character descriptions. Could have been a thick instruction booklet doubling as a thin guide, almost like the Final Fantasy II/IV SNES manual back in the day.

10. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

I think the only PAL release I have is DBZ unless I'm forgetting something. Most of the Asian English ones I have contain a manual though. Yeah I wish OWH had a manual too, just seems fitting with the type of game it is. I hope Cosmic Star Heroine has one.

11. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

Hmm, my Shinobido doesn't have a manual, but I can't be bothered to score a new one. :p It is a really fun game though!

12. NinjaMicWZ

I actually just saw 2048Dan's post. I have Best of Arcade too. Looks like there's quite a few I'd want.

Also New Little King's Story.

I'd have to check which English Asia ones of mine have one. I don't know why my brain spaced out seeing all these. The only one I ever seemed to make a note of after opening was Project Diva f2nd.

13. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Virtua Tennis 4 and Farming Simulator 16 also have manuals in PAL.

14. Alpha

Alpha Member

Hello everyone and thank you for the contributions sorry for the delay. I'm going to start updateing the list now. :)

15. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I can't get my e-manual for MLB15 to open. When try to open the electronic manual to read it it appears to attempt to connect to a webpage like a damn Switch game, but then gives me an error message that the server cannot be found. This is kind of messed up, I want to learn how to play the game but the manual doesn't freaking work!

16. AJ77

AJ77 Well-Known Member

I want to look in the idea of doing some manuals for Vita games that don't have them, this would be for LRG to start with, though I'm not promising anything at this stage but the possible ideas;

1) Set up template so user could get their desired paper and print, trim and staple themselves at home.
    2) Get publishers blessing to use their instructions/artwork and get a small quantity professional printed.

I have only contacted a couple of publishers yesterday regarding this, so I will see what they say.

I see above the following LRG Vita titles already have manuals, this was updated last Oct, do any other games contain manuals?

Rainbow Moon
    Solder X-2
    Thomas Was Alone
    Xeodrifter

zodaex likes this.
  17. zodaex

That would be pretty awesome actually, to have fan-made manuals professionally printed in order to make our Vita releases truly complete. In some cases you could probably just have the e-manual professionally printed out however i've noticed on many games, there isn't a true e-manual and instead they just stuck a generic epilepsy warning where the e-manual should have been. Like my last post mentioned, MLB15 just gives you an error message if you ask to open it's digital manual.

Volume from LRG also has a manual fwi.

18. 2048Dan

What a great idea!

Not sure if trying to get publisher approval or to print the e-manual is the right way to go though, I'm afraid it will take too much time and effort to deal with those people and it will probably end up in a "no". Maybe go straight to the developers instead, ask for some artwork you can use to make a manual out of.

19. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

Great thread, thanks

20. zodaex

Volume by Limited Run has a manual.