Vita games with vinyl soundtracks

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by The_stats_guy, Jun 16, 2017.

1. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Really gutted i never got the LRG vinyl for darius. The red and blue variants are still accessible, but the purple marble definitely looks nicer

DankZaku likes this.
  2. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

I got extremely lucky with that one. I think I only managed because of everyone going for the CE that day, which I missed out on the first go round.

This is one vinyl that I REALLY want. The shipping ($18) made it not worth it for me at the time. I ended up getting the CD version + digital w/shipping. I love the Furi soundtrack. I think I might buy it next time I get some extra money and try to sell the CD version. The pink and blue look amazing, and its one of my favorite soundtracks.

https://furi.bandcamp.com/album/furi-original-soundtrack

I want the Va-11 HALL-A one too.

3. The_stats_guy

Yeah i want both of those too... va-11 hall-a already sold out though. I went to get it 1 week after the 2nd pressing went live for preorder and it was gone again. I can only hope some end up on ebay in september

4. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Nice collection & photos! :) Maybe when the Vita releases dry up a bit, I'll try & buy a few, but they'll probably be way too expensive then.

Have you any plans on how you're going to display them?

5. The_stats_guy

Thanks! I don't think they will be much problem. I only started doing this properly a month ago, and i was disappointed to find Ori and XCOM sold out on iam8bit. Within a week each of them showed up on ebay, one a little under RRP, the other a little over. Too coincidental for it not to be a regular thing

[Edit] sorry didn't answer your question... vinyl sleeves tend to be a bit prone to edge wear, so i have protective sleeves around them and they are in a vinyl box for added protection from the elements. All our vinyl are next to the vinyl player so we can have a listen to whatever takes our fancy during dinner etc. I will of course be admiring the artwork while i listen to them as well :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  6. The_stats_guy

2 new additions to the collection

- Undertale on Piano
    - Hero of Time (Zelda: Ocarina of time)

If any of you have listened to the undertale soundtrack, it sounds like something that will be awesome on piano. I really love the more classic Jazz type look that iam8bit have gone with.

Ocarina of time.... what can i say. Nostalgia is the main reason i bought this, but just look at how beautifully made those vinyl disks are

Mr Tornado, AllHasRed and DankZaku like this.
  7. Mr Tornado

Sweet. I used to love listening to vinyl whilst having the artwork on my lap. :)

My resolve is weakening looking at all these lovely pictures. Very nice indeed. :)

Are you getting caught with customs buying these from the US? I didn't know if music was exempt like books are.

The_stats_guy likes this.
  8. The_stats_guy

I have 3 orders from the US so I'll let you know. Only ordered from UK/Germany so far

9. The_stats_guy

2 more for the collection:

- Oddworld New n Tasty
    - The Last Guardian (ps4)

Not really sure why the oddworld one was made.... when i bought it, i couldn't remember much music, in fact i distinctly remember thinking it was all atmospheric sounds in the game last time i played it. Well... that is exactly what this is. One for the collection though i guess

The last guardian is a great instrumental soundtrack - very relaxing, perfect for background music while eating

DankZaku and Mr Tornado like this.
  10. The_stats_guy

Another 2 for the vita digital list

- Crypt of the Necrodancer
    - Hohokum

Both very nice releases. Haven't listened to either yet, but the crypt of the necrodancer vinyl is beautiful. I especially love the fire and ice effect, which look even better in person.

Mr Tornado likes this.
  11. Mr Tornado

The Crypt artwork is amazing! Where did you manage to buy that one from, if you don't mind me asking? :)

12. The_stats_guy

It is indeed very nice. If you want to get it from the publisher.... it is here:
    https://ghost-ramp.myshopify.com/pr...ncer-ost-deluxe-double-lp?variant=27804962561

But i actually took a risk on ebay to buy it for £33 with free postage, not really knowing if it was the same product. Turned out well though. Seller is called rarewaves-united

13. The_stats_guy

Just ordered the Fez vinyl, shame it is the silver sleeve and white vinyl and not the gold/orange one which is more fitting to the game... but i'm just happy to own one. Do you have the gold one Mr Tornado given how much you love this game?

14. Mr Tornado

I'm banned (self imposed) from buying vinyl, even if it's for one of my favourite games!

15. The_stats_guy

A few more arrived today:

- Shovel Knight
    - Velocity 2x
    - Curses n chaos
    - Ninja Senki (2 variants)

The curses n chaos and ninja senki got hit by customs from the US so ended up being quite costly

Mr Tornado likes this.
  16. Mr Tornado

Ah, so music is liable to import duties? :(

Apologies for the late reply - for some reason this thread kills my iPad, so I can only reply when I'm near a PC!

17. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

18. Mr Tornado

19. The_stats_guy

Sorry guys, been a bit off the radar this week due to work...

Yes, got Bastion through yesterday and that got hit as well 100% rate from US. Thats $40 + postage $16 + £14 customs.... ouch.

A must have for any soundtrack collection though, absolutely incedible soundtrack, one of the best in fact. Pics to follow shortly

Thanks digit, very tempting indeed.... artwork looks amazing but i know nothing about the game. Does it have a physical release anywhere?

Ooohh yes, and this is the best one of all. It contains 3 separate LPs which are metal and electro interpretations of the best tunes. I've been bugging iam8bit for a few weeks on twitter asking if they would release this, and they have been teasing me.

The metal ones are absolutely incredible, i recommend you go to youtube and listen to a few. I will be getting both this and the japanese version for sure.

If only someone would do a metal version of the shovel knight soundtrack and release on vinyl. There is a chap on youtube that does a few of them, and it sounds as good as undertale.

20. The_stats_guy

4 more to post pics up for:

- Axiom verge
    - Bastion
    - BitTrip
    - Rocket League

I'm listening to the Axiom verge one while writing this, and what an amazing soundtrack. I was originally bummed that i had to make do with the white vinyl, and not the coloured variants, but i actually quite like it, and the way it contrasts with the purple vinyl sleeve.

Bastion is an incredible soundtrack. I listen to it while at work a lot. The gatefold sleeve is incredible thick, which means it will be incredibly difficult to dent or bend, but it does mean it is quite hard to get the vinyl back in. Would have liked some coloured vinyl that suited the game, rather than the black, but the music is what makes it necessary for the collection

BitTrip is my new favourite vinyl colour/picture. Reminds me of a fruit pastel ice lolly from my childhood... great soundtrack too. Very nice addition for $25. Postage is cheap from iam8bit as they are in UK and send RM 2nd class standard.

Rocket League is a weird one. Before i had a vita (prior to feb-16) i just had a ps4 after a long break from gaming and started ps plus. This was a free game on that so i gave it a go, got really addicted and spend many many hours playing it, and never really getting any better at it. Anyway, the music is incredible, so when i saw these picture discs available on iam8bit and on sale... i had to pick it up. I'm sure it will bring back fond memories, and not the many rage quits that happened when i was completely useless lol.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Mr Tornado likes this.
  21. Mr Tornado

Oof. :( At least it's a cracking soundtrack which makes up for those hefty fees!

So are all four of the Undertale vinyls different? My brain doesn't want to work this morning!

UNDERTALE on Piano (Series 88) 2xLP $35.00

UNDERTALE Vinyl Soundtrack 2xLP (Japan Edition) $40.00

UNDERTALE - Vinyl Soundtrack 2xLP $35.00

UNDERTALE: Determination 3xLP Vinyl Soundtrack $60.00

22. The_stats_guy

The japan edition is the same as the standard one... but is really nice and had a promo 7inch included if you preorder before 22nd september. Both of these are the soundtrack that you hear in the game

Determination is a collection of 3 artists/bands makong electro/metal interpretations of selected tracks.

On piano is a piano interpretation.

There are 3 different ones altogether, but that 7 inch promo is a never before released track

Mr Tornado likes this.
  23. Mr Tornado

24. Mr Tornado