Vita in Vietnam!

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Phil Wyatt, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Phil Wyatt

Phil Wyatt Active Member

[​IMG] Dear Vita lovers,

This is to give all you of you more hope that some countries still love our beautiful handheld. As a Vita fan, I can't quite afford to live in Japan... but Vietnam is a pretty close second :)

I nipped into my local game store (called HALO) here in Ho Chi Minh City to pick up the Nonary Games. The store has always supported the Vita really well and still gets all the US releases and special editions as well as English/Asian releases. They started selling the Switch, but the Vita is still given the love it deserves. Here's a pic (apologies for the blurry image, I just took a quick snap as I was in a rush!)

[​IMG]

There is also another shop a bit further away that has all the latest Japanese imports. I picked up an Orange Vita there for about $180 USD.

Unfortunately, the postal system here leaves a lot to be desired so I cannot offer to help anyone out with sending stuff... but if you are planning a trip to Asia, it's worth checking out.

:)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Kenza, 3VOLVE, shirokuro and 4 others like this.
  2. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

I see some great titles on that piccy :)

In my country there are still some gamingshops that sell Vita games, sadly you can count all of them of 1 hand and most of them are more expensive than buying online (except 1 store, but the piccy is not from that one)

[​IMG]

My country is Netherlands, EU in that case.

I'm still suprised that a some of the bigger publishers mostly bring out physical Vita games in US where in my opinion in EU the Vita is more popular, I see some shops even selling mostly US imports because the PAL ones are sold out and some shops can sell US copies cheaper even when importing them compared to PAL (that is what somebody who works at a gamestore said to me, Vita PAL games seem to be harder to get because some publishers focus more on US stupidly enough).

No idea if that's true, those are his words about it.

shirokuro, Mr Tornado and Phil Wyatt like this.
  3. Dee0342

Dee0342 Well-Known Member

Where is this? I live i the Netherlands as well but most of the gameshops I visit have no vita games left ( Nedgame Almere being a exception ).

4. Phil Wyatt

Phil Wyatt Active Member

Nice pic Vita Girl. I just noticed the PSP Tactics Ogre box set on the top right - wouldn't mind picking that up. Probably expensive though!

The game prices here are generally slightly more then you would pay in the UK due to the bad exchange rate we currently have (thanks to Brexit!) but some bargains can still be found. I recently got the Fate/Extella Noble Phantasm box set for about 50 USD, about the same price as in the USA.

Also a few years back I picked up a 64 gig memory card here for 50 USD. That was a bargain and I was lucky because a week later the prices had gone up to almost double!

5. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Cool picture & really nice to see a shop supporting the Vita. :)

6. coachjjs75

coachjjs75 Well-Known Member

WOW they still sell umd movies !!! I love those !!

7. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Gameshop Hague (Den Haag) (yes the name of that shop is Gameshop)

Back then (picture if made in august 2016) Tactics Orge on that picture was 40 euros.

Phil Wyatt likes this.
  8. VitaBoy

VitaBoy Active Member

Wow, pretty much in the Philippines every local mall have this amount of PS Vita catridges as well.

Phil Wyatt likes this.
  9. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Oh I am jealous of the Vita support in your countries (Netherlands and Vietnam). Those stores are great!

I live in San Francisco, -Vita support is zero! You'd think a major city like San Francisco would have something. We have a CEX and a Gamestop, those are the two game stores I am aware of. CEX is crap, and GS isn't much better. Neither sell Vita titles. -or if they do they are behind a counter.

10. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Whoa. I didn't realize Europe had a premium special PSP edition of Tactics Ogre. No wonder it's 40 euros.

11. 3VOLVE

3VOLVE PSN ID: Dusean17

I'll make sure to take a sad picture of my GameStop next time. That way I can depress anyone in this thread.