Vita Related New Year's Resolutions

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by TriOpticon, Jan 5, 2017.

1. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

Other than the typical "lose/gain weight/get healthier" resolutions, I'm thinking of something VITA related.

I love gaming but at times I am more of a collector than a gamer. This happens with video games, board games and RPGs. I have so many games of all those types that I have not played or even read/started.

So, here is my resolution: Complete 10 PS VITA (or PSP) games this year.

For me that means I have played through the complete game and reached an ending. It doesn't mean I've reached the ending for each playable character if that is an option. It would be nice if that meant I got every possible trophy but I think, for me, playing to an end would be a good goal.

I have not picked which 10 games yet as I am still cataloging all my games (see link in signature) but I think by the end of the week I will have a list. I am going to try different types such as RPG, Platform, Shooter, etc. to mix it up.

Assuming I can edit this message forever, I will update it when I have my list.

List (as of 2017-01-10):
    1. Persona 4 Golden - Started
    2. Silent Hill Book of Memories
    3. Mutant Mudds Deluxe
    4. Nova-111
    5. BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend
    6. Dragon Fin Soup
    7. Azkend 2: The World Beneath
    8. Desert Ashes
    9. Ragnarok Odyssey
    10. Space Hulk

Anyone else make any resolutions related to the PS Vita?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    AllHasRed, Simmi and shadowman like this.
  2. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

I think I'll join you on this resolution! 10 games sounds like a decent amount. (I'll probably be attempting 10 handheld and 10 console) So here goes for Vita/PSP:

1. Demon Gaze
    2. Shovel Knight
    3. Jeanne D'Arc
    4. Soul Sacrifice Delta
    5. Trillion: God of Destruction
    6. Steins; Gate Zero
    7. Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
    8. Stranger of Sword City
    9. Odin Sphere
    10. Toukiden Kiwami

Just started on Demon Gaze today! Let's see how it goes! :D

Manjoume, Dee0342 and TriOpticon like this.
  3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

My Vita related resolutions stand as this so far:

1) Raise my average trophy completion rate at above 50% (narrowly missed out on this last year, already achieved it!)
    2) Play through all (Euro) Vita launch titles (work in progress)
    3) Play through all Limited Run releases (Oddworld New n Tasty is the only one I've completed so far)
    4) Just generally complete more games in my collection (I'll throw up a list of a few games I want to get to this year, I know Steins;Gate is top of the list).
    5) Raise my platinum trophy number to at least 50.

TriOpticon likes this.
  4. Kresnik

Kresnik TVL Guest Reviewer

I'm already well into my new year's resolution of actually playing games rather than just collecting.

So far, I've done another 10 hours on Trails of Cold Steel; I've started Operation Abyss (~ 9 hours) and I'm making progress on Code;Realize.

Simmi and TriOpticon like this.
  5. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

I will play Minecraft.

Keep reading up on it but I must play it.

Phil Wyatt and TriOpticon like this.
  6. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

That is a great idea!
    As for me I'll try as well to complete most of my games this year :)

Here's my list:
    [​IMG]

If somehow I complete this list before the end of the year (actually I'll try to complete this before June!) I'll make another list afterwards :)

Good luck to us all ^^

McFungos, Dee0342 and TriOpticon like this.
  7. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

I'd like to complete more games, or at the very least, put a few good hours into them. And I must stop buying so many Vitas...

sean and shadowman like this.
  8. Dee0342

Dee0342 Well-Known Member

I like to complete all the Vita RPG games I currently own, as well as VITA/PSP/PS1 games I buy in the future. I'm currently still sitting on Muramasa, P4 Golden, Tales of Hearts and Ys Memories of Celceta.

9. sean

sean Well-Known Member

1. I would like to complete a couple single player games this year., not just the multiplayer games.

2. Finish collecting last of missing Eur games. Get list together for Japanese wants.

3. No more buying doubles.

10. TriOpticon

Some good resolutions so far. I've picked a couple games so far as I am finishing cataloging it all. I will update my first message...

11. coachjjs75

coachjjs75 Well-Known Member

my goal is to get " Madden 13" i got it d-loaded but I wont the physical copy

[​IMG]

12. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

To stop buying vita games ........Opps that lasted less than a minute ! ;) :)

13. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

Short one : Reach the 600 distinct PS Vita games in my collection (currently at 519)

14. EckyThump

EckyThump Active Member

I'll be having a year-long blitz on my gaming backlog, with the following theme - with 26 fortnights in the year, and 26 letters in the alphabet, I'll be devoting the first fortnight in the year to games beginning with 'A', then the next will be 'B', etc.
    It will be mostly on PC, but I'll definitely be including PSVita games in there too. As it stands,
    A - American McGee's Alice (PC - Complete), Alice: Madness Returns (PC - Started), Amnesia: Memories (PSVita - Started)

shadowman likes this.
  15. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

Play my VITA more! Finish all games I've started!

16. VitaNation

VitaNation Member

Reclaim all the games I sold two years ago

17. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

With pre-orders and stuff coming in the mail currently I'm about to break the 300 physical game barrier either this month or next. Not sure I want to put the pressure on myself (or rather my bank account) of trying to get to 400 within the year - but I'd certainly like to! I'm definitely planning on cutting down my collecting for other game systems and concentrate even more on Vita, especially the import side, this year. On that side, I'm feeling more motivated and invigorated than ever, so that's not really a resolution I have to make for myself :)

More importantly, like others have alluded to already, I'd like to get some actual gaming done instead of just scouring the internet for news and good deals on Vita games, consoles and accessories all day! I've already started the year by playing and getting the platinum in Volume. Working through the first of the two Hatoful Boyfriend games along with Berserk Musou right now. I'm also getting a strong urge to start that New Game+ on Persona 4 Golden and finally earn the platinum in that. Though I wouldn't want to plan every title out upfront, I'd like to complete at least 15 full games this year.

Finally, I absolutely need to get my game shelves in order sooner rather than later. It is of course a nice problem to have, but this Vita collecting has started to severley clutter my living space. I could probably put up a new Ikea shelf and instantly fill it with all the Vita stuff that I've accumulated over the past two years alone. So that's exactly what I'm planning to do within the next two months: clean up my gaming shelf act, put up a designated PS Vita shelf (and maybe proudly display it here on the internet if it turns out satisfactorily ;))

Good luck with your resolutions everyone!

18. TriOpticon

19. Kazumn

Kazumn Well-Known Member

Just limited to vita :

1) stay on top with limited run games release (both ps4/vita/etc)
    2) Buy the Hatsuni miku limited edition vita and possible the yakuza one
    3) platinum wipeout 2048
    4) Post more on the vita lounge
    5) back kickstarters

20. shadowman

Good luck on getting the Platinum on Wipeout, I'm on it right now and the multiplayer is pretty much dead so that makes it pretty much impossible to get most of the trophies. If you've not done that side of things feel free to add my (ryu16) as I'd be happy to play a few matches online (its a pity that it needs 4 people to start a match...)

The Yakuza Vita (white one) is the only special edition Vita I own currently. Its a really nice design, I'm tempted to grab the black (Kiryu) Vita one day as well just for completions sake.

21. Mr Tornado

22. Kazumn

Kazumn Well-Known Member

I feel like the price has come down, i remember them shooting up to almost 900-1000$ for the 3g model probably because it was the first limited edition vita system made i guess. I would sort off bought it a long time ago but spend most of last year completing my japanese game gear and n64 collections :)

23. Kazumn

Kazumn Well-Known Member

With all the games i've yet to play i'm currently hooked on stardew valley and with Yakuza 0 coming out at the end of month, i doubt i'll get round to it anytime soon. it's quite suprising the servers for wipeout are still up.

24. shadowman

Cool, your getting Yakuza 0 as well? I'll be grabbing it myself, I've already 100%ed the Japanese version but am looking forward to replaying it in English to fully understand it. Its definitely one of the best in the series.

For Wipeout - just keep in mind you need a network/online pass to play the online mode (the game should come with it, unless you got it preowned).

25. Mr Tornado

Ah, I can't have been looking to buy one when they were around that price. I paid around £300.00 (used) but it was in mint condition.

zodaex likes this.