Vita tv and lone survivor

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita & PlayStation TV Social Lounge' started by sean, Feb 9, 2017.

1. sean

sean Well-Known Member

I'm looking for someone to double check this please. I have it working on vita tv but can't find anyone else to confirm this.

This one worked but odd. Load game like normal and go to play. Will report this game not compatible with vita tv. Go to update which doesn't find anything, but oddly now try playing this on the vita tv and it loads up just fine for me.....

DankZaku likes this.
  2. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

So all you needed to do was try to update and it then worked? I've got to admit I haven't even used my pstv yet.

3. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Yes you just refresh Lone Survivor's live area and then the game will load up just fine until you restart your console.

4. stiggsen

stiggsen Well-Known Member

Huh? Is there any reasonable explanation why this works? Does this "refreshing the live area-glitch" work for other games too?o_O:)

5. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

So far we haven't found any other titles that do this. I was able to get Hello Kitty to load once on my pstv via some other glitch but I haven't been able to reproduce the glitch.

stiggsen likes this.
  6. stiggsen

stiggsen Well-Known Member

Hello Kitty? You obviously meant Doom - Dance with the Devil because Gore Rox Hardcore Splatter Edition, you just mispronounced it, right?!:p;)

zodaex likes this.
  7. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

I just downloaded Lone Survivor Directors Cut digitally on my US PSTV and I didnt have to refresh the live area. If that helps.

Refreshing certainly doesn't help Space Hulk. :(

8. sean

sean Well-Known Member

This glitch does not work on 140 games I've tested physical that fail to load vita tv. I'm not sure how many of those play digitally though.

To make this even weirder. You can load any game you feel like it first. Try to update that game and then remove it and put in lone survivor and it plays right away.

Seems like some type of live screen exploit going on maybe, white list check.

I'd be curious if other physical games in the future could use it to get around paying for recertification and still have game update to work on vita tv.

9. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

That's an odd glitch