Vita:Year One physical book on Kickstarter Thursday

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by DojoDan, Feb 21, 2018.

1. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Looks interesting. I gather its only £4 as well.

Axeru777, shirokuro, DankZaku and 4 others like this.
  2. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Kinda looks like it’s all done, wondering what they need Kickstarter for? If it’s just printing you can get amazon to do that afaik

3. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    That's pretty awesome! The world needs more Vita content like this.

Axeru777 and Hakaider like this.
  4. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

I'm in for that. :)

5. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Backed. 2 copies and a digital was only $23 for me. Not too bad. The shipping is actually half the cost for some reason lol.

AllHasRed likes this.
  6. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

Also backed for the two print copies plus digital. Looking really nice, hopefully the campaign is a success!

DankZaku likes this.
  7. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I'm in for a physical copy. £1k isn't a huge amount but I hope it hits target.

AllHasRed and DankZaku like this.
  8. Sand

Sand Member

Hey there, this is Sandeep Rai the author of the book. I was about to post the kickstarter here and then saw it was already done.
    I wanted to let you know that the book isn’t done yet. It’s about 60% written. I had a prototype printed back in December because I wanted to see the quality of the printer’s work and figure out costs. I’ve targeted October for completion of the book, printing and delivery.

Axeru777 likes this.
  9. Sand

Sand Member

Hi All
    This is Sandeep Rai the author of the book. Thank you to everyone supporting the kickstarter. If anyone has any questions I’ll make sure to come back to the forums periodically. I’m also on twitter: @2_Old_4_Gaming
    Thanks again. :)

10. shirokuro

shirokuro Well-Known Member

Went for a physical copy and a digital copy though the Kickstarter was actually already fully backed by the time I backed it :p

11. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Started to get excited about this book but then I realized that it's only about the Vita's first year. The Vita's first year is the time period I really care the least for. It was back before the Vita-TV existed or was even on the radar, and in some ways it mirrors the god awful year 1 (in my opinion) of the NDS, where almost every game felt compelled to shoehorn in touchscreen and gyroscope mechanics when it wasn't needed at all, but probably more to show off the capabilities of the new shiny hardware. The Vita's story isn't even done being written yet, and i'd really much prefer a book with a deeper scope that looks into the evolution of the system over it's unusually long lifespan.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Retro8bit likes this.
  12. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

Same as the usual 2 copies + 1 digital => $23

13. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

The first year games are the ones I’m missing the most of, I’ve always prioritised deals on the newer things since year 1 stuff is all you come across in the wild

14. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Sand I just saw the update. The Fun Bit interview couldn't be more perfect. Hearing from someone who was there day one.

I may catch some flack for this, but so be it. I really hope you reconsider the interview with Limited Run Games. Both Douglas and Josh are awesome people, but they had literally nothing to do with Vita year one. Unless Mighty Rabbit had contract work on a title or something, they didn't release anything until May 2015 with B&C. Year three.
    Getting Douglas's thoughts on year one and the community is no different than interviewing someone random you could pull from a forum. Neither would have had an impact or anything to do with Vita year one.

Not trying to come off harsh in anyway, and again absolutely nothing against Douglas, I'm just being honest. The interview would seem completely out of place given what I've mentioned.

shirokuro, AllHasRed and zodaex like this.
  15. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    With something like this, you'd want to get the security of being funded. Also, having things in a higher quantity will drive the cost down significantly - it's really not cost-effective to be printing issues on an individual basis.

DojoDan likes this.
  16. Sand

Sand Member

Hey man, thanks for the feedback. Part of the reason I wanted to speak to the LRG guys is to reiterate the passion of the Vita community and how it’s stuck by the device even though Sony and most publishers abandoned it. The Vita had a bad first year but I wanted it brought out that despite sales looking crappy the vita still managed to find its audience that supported it for years. LRG were a good fit to talk about this in my opinion.
    There will be other interviews too. I’ve got at least one more secured and a few on the “hopefully it will work out list.” I’ll have more to share with you guys in the near future.

DojoDan likes this.
  17. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Just put in my pledge for a copy. Looking forward to reading it. :)

18. Sand

Sand Member

Thanks man. :)

19. KaiserFoxHD

KaiserFoxHD Gaming's not an addiction, It's a lifestyle

I just put in my pledge, can't wait for this hit my home, Pledged for two copies plus a digital so I can give one to a friend.

20. Hakaider

Hakaider Active Member

Pledged for Physical and digital copy of the book. Hardcover book would be nice!

21. Sand

Sand Member

Just wanted to say thanks to you and kaiserfoxhd.
    :)

zodaex likes this.
  22. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

So how do I go about this?

It seems that with Kickstarter you can only pledge with a credit card, and well, I don't have any. I'd love to get 1 physical and a digital copy, and I was thinking of pledging for 15 pounds (including shipping then), but no credit card seems to be a no-go.

23. nacsgaming

nacsgaming Member

Just backed it for 2 physical and 1 digital!